The Feds Are Looking Into Colorado’s Weed Black Market

• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sixstring

sixstring

Do you believe a grower can pull down 120,000.00 in a year from a 12 x 20 indoor?
Im guessing the tonnage is highly exaggerated from prob 2 or 3 tons and the price per unit is maybe 1k prob more like 800 bucks. Thats still in the mills.but these are the guys the AG is going after so it would last long,that size op with no dotted I's And crossed T's lol

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Do you believe a grower can pull down 120,000.00 in a year from a 12 x 20 indoor?
Im guessing the tonnage is highly exaggerated from prob 2 or 3 tons and the price per unit is maybe 1k prob more like 800 bucks. Thats still in the mills.but these are the guys the AG is going after so it would last long,that size op with no dotted I's And crossed T's lol
15 tons - 30k pounds - 577 pounds sold per week = bunk

I'm not familiar with large scale production methods or cash cropping if that was directed at me, but I have no doubt that the guy who brags about that kind of weight has no clue about what that would look like, but I bet he sounded super awesome to his friends. Hopefully the guys at the next table don't think he's serious.

Exhibit 1 - Operation Toker Poker
-from denverpost.com

[A Denver grand jury has indicted 62 people accused in a marijuana trafficking organization that reaped millions of dollars by illegally growing pot and then selling it out of state over a period of four years.]

[The indictment, filed June 9, resulted in the seizure of nearly 2,500 illegally cultivated marijuana plants and 4,000 pounds of marijuana.]

Perception

Perception

Sessions created a special task force to review the Justice Department’s policy on marijuana enforcement; the recommendations are due July 27.

^^from OP's posting of vice article.
Are these recommendations out yet? Didn't see in news yet.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm pretty sure Captain Carrotskin was planning on a hard and fast reversal of obamacare/obamanure, now that he's gotten so much pushback he's a little backed up with that russia thing and that voter fraud thing and then he decided to delay everything, to refocus the media's attention on something else. I'd guess that we'll hear about election fraud, russia, kushner, all before we hear more about the devil lettuce.

So he twatted about transgenders in the military, and holy shit now that's the only thing people are talking about, especially our trolls in the media. No kushner, no obama, no russia, no north korea, no morning joe, no syria, just the gays.

He's trolling the press, they can't stand it, and I can't get enough. He tweets, they freak out, he doesn't have to answer stupid questions on all subjects, just stupid questions about transgenders in the military, as if he cares or has thought about it after the 90 seconds it took to twat it out.

M

motz

What's up @sixstring shit I see ya more here than else where.
Anyways I don't know if ya didn't add enough zeros to that fig cuz 120k out of a 12 x 20,. Definitely doable.
At 4k an elbow with the right clients, yeah no problem.
See peeps out on the cost can't pull that shit off but in the Midwest most definitley.
Midwest puts out better gear than the coast.
Saw it with my own eyes the crap coming in out of the coast.
Them clients might buy that shit for a couple weeks but believe you me they come back.

sixstring

sixstring

What's up @sixstring shit I see ya more here than else where.
Anyways I don't know if ya didn't add enough zeros to that fig cuz 120k out of a 12 x 20,. Definitely doable.
At 4k an elbow with the right clients, yeah no problem.
See peeps out on the cost can't pull that shit off but in the Midwest most definitley.
Midwest puts out better gear than the coast.
Saw it with my own eyes the crap coming in out of the coast.
Them clients might buy that shit for a couple weeks but believe you me they come back.

Whats up brosef :)
Yeah i may have been using myself as an example but thats neither here nor there hahaa.we ain't getting 4k a # here anymore but 32 to 3400 is still goin hard lol.
Shits about to change here as well,rec weed on the ballot this fall will drop shit fast,2k # will still be ok after that i will toss in the towel

SpiderK

SpiderK

we have that great weather in the midwest. our humidity was like 80% until noon today and 60% min during the summer .... i think .gov grew tons of hemp in the corn belt' in the ole' daze'

our cost is minimum $225.oo oz. on black market if just buying one. this is the new normal.

guymandude

guymandude

ok, they guy himself wasn't bragging about what he was doing. That info came from every other local grower i was hanging out with that weekend. They were all talking about their grows, and saying, but that guy, holy shit you should see his......... etc etc etc.

i don't care if you believe me or not dude. you weren't there, I was. You don't fight the influx of cheap crap to try to make a living, I do.

SpiderK

SpiderK

^^from OP's posting of vice article.
Are these recommendations out yet? Didn't see in news yet.

i did not hear anything yet ..... but ..... and not sure you will get a clear answer. The first answer may be a wave of bust first'. if the meeting was just a " heads up " before the crackdown because im sure it was not a meeting of debate and compromise. states have been complaining about the borders for years. -JMO

.........." Federal Department of Justice and drug policy officials met privately Wednesday with Colorado Springs Mayor John Suthers. Suthers' input centered on the "huge" black market that still exists across Colorado, and much of it concerned "sensitive case investigations" that cannot be discussed publicly, he said. ( July 19th ) " .............

........ " “Marijuana is the gateway drug to homicide in our community and across our state, and people need to start recognizing that,” said 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May, according to KKTV. ( July 27th ) ...........

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

This next article just hit the presses ..... So it could be a bumpy ride moving forward.

John Suthers was not talking much in that meeting, he was listening ....

Its not about the small guy.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

CNBC - July 28

Commentary by Kevin Sabet, president of Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM) and a former White House drug advisor for presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama. He cofounded SAM with former Congressman Patrick Kennedy who is currently an honorary board member.

Today, a growing class of well-heeled lobbyists intent on commercializing marijuana are doing everything they can to sell legal weed as a panacea for every contemporary challenge we face in America. Over the past several years we've been barraged by claims that legal pot can cure the opioid crisis, cure cancer, eliminate international drug cartels, and even solve climate change.

One seemingly compelling case made by special interest groups is that legal marijuana can boost our economy too: after all, marijuana businesses create jobs and bring in millions of dollars in much-needed tax revenue.

Yet, a closer look at the facts reveals a starkly different reality. The truth is, a commercial market for marijuana not only harms public health and safety, it also places a significant strain on local economies and weakens the ability of the American workforce to compete in an increasingly global marketplace.

We already know that drug use costs our economy hundreds of millions of dollars a year in public health and safety costs. The last comprehensive study to look at costs of drugs in society found that drug use cost taxpayers more than $193 billion – due to lost work productivity, health care costs, and higher crime.

A new study out of Canada found that marijuana-impaired driving alone costs more than $1 billion. Laws commercializing marijuana only make this problem worse and hamper local communities' ability to deal with the health and safety fallout of increased drug use.

This isn't just a theory - it's already happening. As marijuana use has increased in states that have legalized it, so has use by employees, both on and off the job. Large businesses in Colorado now state that after legalization they have had to hire out-of-state residents in order to find employees that can pass a pre-employment drug screen, particularly for safety-sensitive jobs like bus drivers, train operators, and pilots.

And now drug using employees - supported by special interest groups - are organizing to make drug use a "right" despite the negative impacts we know it will have on employers and the companies that hire them.

And what about that promised tax revenue? So far in Colorado, marijuana taxes have require about $18 billion in capital construction funds alone. Marijuana taxes do not even make a dent in this gap.

In Washington State, half of the $42 million of marijuana tax money legalization advocates promised would reach prevention programs and schools by 2016 never materialized. We've seen this movie before: witness our experience with gambling, the lottery, and other vices.

We should also care about the human fallout of increased marijuana acceptance. Recent evidence demonstrates that today's marijuana isn't the weed of the 1960s. It is addictive and harmful to the human brain, especially when used by adolescents.

Moreover, in states that have already legalized the drug, there has been an increase in drugged driving crashes and youth marijuana use. States that have legalized marijuana also continue to see a thriving black market, and are experiencing a continued Marijuana addiction is real, and simply ignoring this health condition will only cost us down the road. We should assess marijuana users for drug use disorders as well as mental health problems, and assist those into recovery. This can't happen in a climate that promotes use.

SpiderK

SpiderK

WASHINGTON—Senate Republicans on Thursday moved to block every path President Donald Trump might try to use to fire and replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a step they worry would disrupt the independence of the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

Sending the most powerful signal yet that Mr. Trump should back away from such action, the senators said they would try to thwart him through legislation,...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/senato...ing-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-1501197597

SpiderK

SpiderK

I kinda ignore the " back and forth " between each " political party " and rather focus on the results.

It's nice when you can blame this party or that party when nothing gets changed. Kinda a nice built in excuse for each side .... but joe-six deals with this non-reform daily.

Perception

Perception

I'm pretty sure Captain Carrotskin was planning on a hard and fast reversal of obamacare/obamanure, now that he's gotten so much pushback he's a little backed up with that russia thing and that voter fraud thing and then he decided to delay everything, to refocus the media's attention on something else. I'd guess that we'll hear about election fraud, russia, kushner, all before we hear more about the devil lettuce.

So he twatted about transgenders in the military, and holy shit now that's the only thing people are talking about, especially our trolls in the media. No kushner, no obama, no russia, no north korea, no morning joe, no syria, just the gays.

He's trolling the press, they can't stand it, and I can't get enough. He tweets, they freak out, he doesn't have to answer stupid questions on all subjects, just stupid questions about transgenders in the military, as if he cares or has thought about it after the 90 seconds it took to twat it out.

WMD's. Weapons of Mass Distraction. It's real, and people gobble it up, hook line and sinker.

Perception

Perception

CNBC - July 28

Commentary by Kevin Sabet, president of Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM) and a former White House drug advisor for presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama. He cofounded SAM with former Congressman Patrick Kennedy who is currently an honorary board member.

Today, a growing class of well-heeled lobbyists intent on commercializing marijuana are doing everything they can to sell legal weed as a panacea for every contemporary challenge we face in America. Over the past several years we've been barraged by claims that legal pot can cure the opioid crisis, cure cancer, eliminate international drug cartels, and even solve climate change.

One seemingly compelling case made by special interest groups is that legal marijuana can boost our economy too: after all, marijuana businesses create jobs and bring in millions of dollars in much-needed tax revenue.

Yet, a closer look at the facts reveals a starkly different reality. The truth is, a commercial market for marijuana not only harms public health and safety, it also places a significant strain on local economies and weakens the ability of the American workforce to compete in an increasingly global marketplace.

We already know that drug use costs our economy hundreds of millions of dollars a year in public health and safety costs. The last comprehensive study to look at costs of drugs in society found that drug use cost taxpayers more than $193 billion – due to lost work productivity, health care costs, and higher crime.

A new study out of Canada found that marijuana-impaired driving alone costs more than $1 billion. Laws commercializing marijuana only make this problem worse and hamper local communities' ability to deal with the health and safety fallout of increased drug use.

This isn't just a theory - it's already happening. As marijuana use has increased in states that have legalized it, so has use by employees, both on and off the job. Large businesses in Colorado now state that after legalization they have had to hire out-of-state residents in order to find employees that can pass a pre-employment drug screen, particularly for safety-sensitive jobs like bus drivers, train operators, and pilots.

And now drug using employees - supported by special interest groups - are organizing to make drug use a "right" despite the negative impacts we know it will have on employers and the companies that hire them.

And what about that promised tax revenue? So far in Colorado, marijuana taxes have require about $18 billion in capital construction funds alone. Marijuana taxes do not even make a dent in this gap.

In Washington State, half of the $42 million of marijuana tax money legalization advocates promised would reach prevention programs and schools by 2016 never materialized. We've seen this movie before: witness our experience with gambling, the lottery, and other vices.

We should also care about the human fallout of increased marijuana acceptance. Recent evidence demonstrates that today's marijuana isn't the weed of the 1960s. It is addictive and harmful to the human brain, especially when used by adolescents.

Moreover, in states that have already legalized the drug, there has been an increase in drugged driving crashes and youth marijuana use. States that have legalized marijuana also continue to see a thriving black market, and are experiencing a continued Marijuana addiction is real, and simply ignoring this health condition will only cost us down the road. We should assess marijuana users for drug use disorders as well as mental health problems, and assist those into recovery. This can't happen in a climate that promotes use.

This article... I don't even know what to say, haha. Those Canadians need to stop toking & wrecking cars though! Autobody business must be through the roof!

Maybe this Sabet guy should start looking at the food being distributed in the United States. Then he can start putting up some real numbers, and won't need to manipulate statistics.

What's up with this following statement? I didn't gather this from the linked document "So far in Colorado, marijuana taxes have require about $18 billion in capital construction funds alone. Marijuana taxes do not even make a dent in this gap."

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

This article... I don't even know what to say, haha. Those Canadians need to stop toking & wrecking cars though! Autobody business must be through the roof!

Maybe this Sabet guy should start looking at the food being distributed in the United States. Then he can start putting up some real numbers, and won't need to manipulate statistics.

What's up with this following statement? I didn't gather this from the linked document "So far in Colorado, marijuana taxes have require about $18 billion in capital construction funds alone. Marijuana taxes do not even make a dent in this gap."
They are saying that the first $40 million in tax revenue goes to BEST, or school construction. The ones receiving those funds and the people who are against marijuana say that the claim that pot tax revenue is bogus because it doesn't do enough, provide meaningful differences, etc. I think people want to see tangible results, and programs like this are not designed to pay for a new park or a new fancy playground that would make a nice photoshoot.
This is the part that should piss voters off:
Sales tax: Beginning July 1, 2017, 10 percent of the 15 percent state marijuana retail tax revenue will be allocated to local governments and distributed according to the percentage of marijuana sales within city and/or county boundaries.

I don't see anything that says what those local governments may do with those funds. Raises all around and strippers and blow for the christmas party

guymandude

guymandude

they talk about the cost of "drug Use" on the economy. I wonder how much of that cost is attributed to alcohol use causingh hangovers and sick days being used. When I was on coke, I called in sick more times than any other time in my life. I have never called in or missed a day of work from smoking weed. It's nice they can use blanket statements like "drug use" but it truly needs to be broken down to what drigs cause what. I've seen whole towns fold up and blow away from meth use. Everyone spends their money with the meth dealer instead of shopping in the local stores, etc. It's truly an epidemic and as long as our military is in Afghanistan, The CIA (among others) will continue to bring high grade heroin to the US causing just as much trouble as meth.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

they talk about the cost of "drug Use" on the economy. I wonder how much of that cost is attributed to alcohol use causingh hangovers and sick days being used. When I was on coke, I called in sick more times than any other time in my life. I have never called in or missed a day of work from smoking weed. It's nice they can use blanket statements like "drug use" but it truly needs to be broken down to what drigs cause what. I've seen whole towns fold up and blow away from meth use. Everyone spends their money with the meth dealer instead of shopping in the local stores, etc. It's truly an epidemic and as long as our military is in Afghanistan, The CIA (among others) will continue to bring high grade heroin to the US causing just as much trouble as meth.
Because alcohol is legal, and there is tons of money to be made by their lobbyists. And nicotine is legal, although alcohol and tobacco ruin more lives than pot ever has or will. They are afraid that people will stay home and get high, not go out and drink alcohol and smoke tobacco. It's stupid and they're paranoid, but rightfully so.

See: http://time.com/3986536/alcohol-distributors-lobbying/

As long as it's illegal it will remain demonized. As long as big tobacco and big al have their lobbyists in washington with big pharma, we still get fucked. Now we get to see commercials about constipation from overusing opiates, after seeing so many commercials about opiates to treat pain.

It's a nice gig if you can get in.

Hopefully McCain's parting shot is term limits. Our elected asshats will remain defiant and acting in their own interests as long as they can stay in power. If they were term limited they'd be more concerned with the legacy they are leaving behind.

M

motz

we have that great weather in the midwest. our humidity was like 80% until noon today and 60% min during the summer .... i think .gov grew tons of hemp in the corn belt' in the ole' daze'

our cost is minimum $225.oo oz. on black market if just buying one. this is the new normal.
Used to 2fitty all day long no ifs and or buts.
Could still do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom