The First Annual QUARTER SACK CLASSIC Disc Golf Tournament

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Ok I'll see you guys at the bucksnort. If they are randomly closed for some reason (they do that but I doubt it because it's spring time) we can meet at Zokas. I can call Paulie and see if we can get the Saturday morning tee time at the bucksnort DGC if you guys want or we can meet later in the afternoon. The weather says 20% that it might be cold and snowy this weekend, high of 37 for Saturday.

Last edited:
PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I've got friends coming in from out of town so I'm bringing a truckload of us... Hopefully the weather will cooperate- if not, so what.

What time are we aiming for? Should we talk tee-times or just hang around the saloon?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

PButter, tee off time is 9am for either Phantom Falls or the bucksnort course. I called and left a message with Paulie to see if the bucksnort course is available for Saturday. If it is I say we go for it. I have about 15 discs, traded a buddy some wax for his disc collection. If it's not available, I say we kick it at the bucksnort. The bucksnort only has wine and beer so if folks are gonna want a cocktail we should plan for Zokas afterward. Zokas has wayyyy better food too but we should at least have a beer at the bucksnort just for the nostalgia.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Shitfire- My ass is gonna have to leave home around 6am to make it on time... I'll let ya'll know how the homeboys feel about that kinda crap when I break the news to them.

Can't wait to toss some disks around. I've got maybe ten- I should probably find some more before the crowd gets here.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Well the bucksnort course is booked for Saturday, but there is a course not too far away in Conifer at Beaver Ranch. There is a back way to get there through Foxton (very nice drive next to the river) from the bucksnort/zokas area. It is next to Reynolds Park, first exit after the 3 margaritas in Conifer, left under the 285 underpass about 1/4 of a mile down Foxton road on the right. Parking is next to the green building. $5 course fee put in a slotted box, 9 hole course, play whenever no set tee times. We can go play at our leisure when we're done at the Bucksnort. Sounds good?

Another course may open up in Bailey this weekend but that's a bit further away in the wrong direction for most people.

4BIG2WORM0

4BIG2WORM0

Probably gonna b a little cold 4 me, but I would like 2 meet @ bar 4 some beers & some planning. So if someone will post time 2 meet @ bar I will c ya there.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
So, we're meeting at bucksnort saloon at 11, chiefin' it, then wandering back towards the 9 hole? All sounds good to me. @MtGrownCanna might be able to pick you up somewhere if it suits you- boulder, golden... when is the last time you jumped in with a bunch of strangers?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

For you folks from the Springs, take hwy 24 towards Manitou Springs, turn R on to 67 in Woodland Park, and L on to 126 in Dekers. Shortest route from the Springs and scenic drive to boot. I see a lot of car clubs take that drive in the summer (Porsche, Corvette, Harleys too). 11ish sounds great.

I took that drive through an electrical storm to get some BBQ at Rudy's (Damn good brisket and turkey, the ribs are mediocre, Texas style). Very cool. The girlfriend ripped the shit out of the oil rig before we left. She was jaw dropped saying "Whooooaaaaa..." so much it almost got annoying.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nobody go to Rudy's without hollering at me first. I can be there in ten minutes. lol, it's our post-climbing tradition with my family.
My girl and I are planning to come from the Springs. I hope we can get a round in; weather looking questionable. We're in as long as no snow- lost too many discs.

L

lightforms

Thanks PButter! I'll cruise myself up there. New to the farm, just testing the waters.. friendly! Leaving from Denver if anyone wants to hop in. Stoked. Bucksnort at 11 correct?

Latest posts

Top Bottom