The Front Range Concert-goers thread

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hotRod

hotRod

WIDESPREAD PANIC
-last weekend of June at Red Rocks- great jam band with a hardcore following. I'm pushing 300 shows. They own the record for more shows at Red Rocks than any band ever. Including The Grateful Dead

Joe Bonamassa-
Labor Day Red Rocks; one of the greatest up and coming guitar heroes on the planet. AMAZING musicianship and stage presence. Blues, hard rock.

true grit

true grit

Let's get this thread bumpin again...

Sonic bloom looks awesome if you can handle 96 hours straight of psychedelic whomping...last year was a little much for me but I dig everyone who is playing.

Red rocks lineup is looking good, theivery is gonna be awesome is anyone else planning go go to any shows/festivals in the state this summer?

Man I'm gonna pass on Sonic this year probably first year ill miss in the last 3-4. Personally i don't like the fact its getting bigger but not improving. Crowds are growing, camping was more packed, music sound quality is not improving even though ticket cost and participation are going up. Plus that kid got tased last year. Give em a year to see what new place does and get feedback.

Hit both nites Bassnec last weekend and Shpongle. Definitely want to hit a few more this summer. Might go see a few Film on The Rocks. Probably go see Hard with nero and prob Chromeo. Curious how the Warren Haynes ad Led Zep experience shows will be too.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Man I'm gonna pass on Sonic this year probably first year ill miss in the last 3-4. Personally i don't like the fact its getting bigger but not improving. Crowds are growing, camping was more packed, music sound quality is not improving even though ticket cost and participation are going up. Plus that kid got tased last year. Give em a year to see what new place does and get feedback.

Hit both nites Bassnec last weekend and Shpongle. Definitely want to hit a few more this summer. Might go see a few Film on The Rocks. Probably go see Hard with nero and prob Chromeo. Curious how the Warren Haynes ad Led Zep experience shows will be too.

That rain Friday at Bassnectar was crazy!!! I left early. Nasty dirty scene there. The kids next to my car pull out a bag of at least 1000 self pressed "xtc" tabs. He tells me they're xtc mixed with Special K. Disgusting!! Kids these days...

On a lighter note, Bryt Floyd June 12th should be a good show. I'll be heading to that one..

true grit

true grit

Ya it was funny we were lazy and got a ride up after the rain stopped...pretty nice because after that it didn't rain all nite. Gorgeous nite. But ya plenty of young kids all tweaked out running around!

Caught some of Brit Floyds show on tv... looked really good to be honest

Skoosh

Skoosh

Got tickets in the mail today for Yes @ the Paramount, and C.S.N. @ Red Rocks. (I figure I better catch the older folks one more time whilst I still can.)
(I sure hope they don't suck at this point.)

Sk
;-)_~~

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

But nowhere close to their peak in 2002 when Mikey died. :(

I saw them a couple times from 91 - 92. I guess I missed the goods...

@ Dorje- Hope everything is going well brother!

Dorje

Dorje

I saw them a couple times from 91 - 92. I guess I missed the goods...

@ Dorje- Hope everything is going well brother!

Yeah, they were just getting started then and their live show improved up til Mikey died. I saw his last show at Red Rocks, was in row 5... he played one more show after that before retiring and succumbing to the cancer a few weeks later.

Hope all is well with you too! A friend of mine started a few PKK seeds even though there was a chance of herms, he got one that is really nice and does not herm... probably not quite as good as the original PK you had, but good...

hotRod

hotRod

No shit.. I'll be making the trip up for sure. Widespread has become a much better band compared to when I was seeing them in the early 90s. Lets meet up and smoke a few.

You still planning a show bro ??
Let's meet up and puff

would love to meet ya and share some Top Dawg I just pulled

homebrew420

homebrew420

Going to see Fitz and the Tantrums in a few days. And next month Chromeo! Hell yeah new album sound pretty good.

Oddball comedy fest anyone? That line up is sounding so good.

Peace

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

not necessarily a concert but...

where's the best place to catch some fireworks?

anyone got a sick recommendation in the mountains to watch all of them?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
not necessarily a concert but...

where's the best place to catch some fireworks?

anyone got a sick recommendation in the mountains to watch all of them?
If you get on stage at red rocks there is a small opening in the rock wall behind the staircase on the right side of the stage. You can squeeze in there and do a minor bit of climbing and catch an amazing skyline facing east/southeast sitting on a nice flat boulder. Definitely my favorite spots at red rocks, I've never seen another person while I'm there, so it feels secluded even though the stage is only yards away. I go there often for sunrises but I imagine it could be a good spot for fireworks too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom