• Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Here's a few roots.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jeez, I can read your writing. I need a label-maker, usually can't quite make out what I've written.

C

copacabana

Hey caveman4.20

thanks for showing that GLR also works great for rooting clones .

i read a thread (with pics) recently on another forum where flowering plants were regenerated using the GLR...it took 28 days for normal new growth to show using only a 125 watt CFL .

i have been vegging rooted clones for 3 weeks now and the plants are as healthy as....... Growth rates are just as good if not better than an 18/6 regime......I am converted to DLR.

CHEERS

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

CHEERS!
To be honest im done wit the rat race yielding holy grails i like to see distinct characteristics and ya sometimes there bad but this new interrupted light scheduling and diminishing light schedule has brought out new characteristics in plants i thought i knew well.... and its exciting to see different colors and get new smells again....i feed less now give less light i mean i still like HID and i follow that inverse law but not bullied by it .... more isnt always better atleast not for me so im not saying this is the best way but its my new way of growing....thanx for checking out the experiment and feel free to share your experience.

C

copacabana

Hey caveman4.20
I have been using the diminishing light schedule for many years now...what would be cool is if you could get a digital timer that had an automatic diminishing time schedule of say two minutes per day...better simulating mother nature during fall/autumn.....

CHEERS

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

there has to be study of how long of segments the plants react to most likely different plant will respond differently but hmmmmmm... IDK so does this light schedule helping Indicas aswell or mostly sativas? and what veg sched. do you use....Cheers

C

copacabana

good point re different light schedule for indica v sativa....i grow indica (pure G13 S1) indoors with clones from a mother and have often thought about trying flowering with a 14/10 light cycle, but never got around to it, to see if flowering will trigger at this light schedule or maybe 13.5/10.5 etc.......i do not know of any studies on this....i will do a bit of googling and see what i can find.......

in the past i have tried putting clones outdoors in spring....these clones were photoperiod indica dom and vegged under 18/6 light....the reduced light outdoors initially causes a weak flowering response followed by a semi reveg response...not good at all with loss of vigour etc...seeds started outdoors are the go...so i am thinking that by using the GLR to veg clones to put out in spring may solve the weak flowering / semi reveg issue mentioned above as the clones are going from a 12 hour daylength, using GLR, to a greater than 12 hour increasing daylength outdooRs....i live in the southern hemi and we are in our last month of summer here so i cannnot try this experiment now and will have to wait till SEPT/OCT next year....if it works then this is another GLR atvantage for me.

CHEERS

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

I am finishing up my first run using this technique. the 10 on /14 off switch sent them into flower FAST and hard. I am at 5 weeks, now at 9 1/2 on about to go down to 9. The flowers look close to done (though I am in no rush, my next round isn't ready)! I need to look at them under glass, but amazing frosty smelly, fat. These are grown in 7 gallons of soil, smart bags, nectar for the gods (just the basic 4) and nothing else. Plants all super healthy, smelly, glowing ;-)

Slh
Trainwreck
Vortex
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I appreciate you sharing that pollenchucker I never had thought to end so low with lights on that is I have a Thread Diminishing flower schedule and I think i am ending at ten on but ill have to go back and re read it I been trying to follow up on so many different grows on here I forget my own lol.

Feel free to share your experiments ... Are you having luck with indicas on this grow or just sativas? Nice pics!

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

those three are all I am flowering this round. one of each. If you think about what the sun does, it does NOT just go to 12/12 and stay there. 12/12 tells a plant to START flowering. There is more for the light to trigger than just the start of flowering. 10 Hours tells a plant it should be flowering hard, so that's what it does. It doesn't take a couple weeks to get really going - this is just wasted time. I dare ya to try the 10-14, 9.5-14.5,9-15 flowering schedule. Flowering time is supposed to be 20% shorter, but I'm not sure when I'll decide they are ready. I'll post some more when they are closer to done.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

those three are all I am flowering this round. one of each. If you think about what the sun does, it does NOT just go to 12/12 and stay there. 12/12 tells a plant to START flowering. There is more for the light to trigger than just the start of flowering. 10 Hours tells a plant it should be flowering hard, so that's what it does. It doesn't take a couple weeks to get really going - this is just wasted time. I dare ya to try the 10-14, 9.5-14.5,9-15 flowering schedule. Flowering time is supposed to be 20% shorter, but I'm not sure when I'll decide they are ready. I'll post some more when they are closer to done.
Certainly, I'll do that so what got you started on this style and do you use interrupted veg light schedule? And please feel free to post pics anytime.

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

Certainly, I'll do that so what got you started on this style and do you use interrupted veg light schedule? And please feel free to post pics anytime.

yes, I 've been doing the 12 on 5.5off 1on -5.5 off for veg, except I am running clones right now so I'm just doing 18-6. Veg worked well, nice plant development, rapid growth in the interrupted schedule.

I first heard about this on Facebook, lol. There's a book "Medical Growing - A garden of Peace" by Daniel Boughen. Not a mind blowing piece of work, but I like the lighting technique. He also covers use of regular tomato fertilizers instead of expensive herb oriented product. I am really liking the Nectar for the Gods, though the smell can get a little rough. lol.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Nice I just rooted and reverted clones to veg in that same light schedule so why did you go back to 18/6 and was wondering if you do blackout before going into flower?

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

honestly, I needed this batch to take, and 18/6 works well for cloning for me. I'll have to experiment with the split schedule for cloning. I've not done blackout.

Top Bottom