The Great Amendment 64 Debate

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

The state kinda bit themselves in the ass with A64, because many parts of it are a word-for-word copy of A20, except they replace the word "patient" with "any person 21 and over". The 6 plants per person is gonna make it all go nuts. How do you track any of that? You can get all your buddies to sign sublease contracts for 4x4 or 4x8 spaces in your garage or other space, and you get 6 plants per person. There is no med paperwork and cops don't have much of an argument if they come and try to take a peek. People having surplus and selling 1oz. person-to-person could very much lead to a farmer's market side to the biz, where the consumer wins on quality, more well defined quality/price tiers reappear, and the dispensaries are starting to reappear.

Got a buddy that works with some big guys with the state, keeps me informed about what they are doing. He said that the dispensaries have been pleading with the state to go after small private caregivers, as the big crap shops were losing customers by the week, and had 64 not passed, it would of still been the #1 agenda. Basically we threw a giant monkey wrench into their gears, that even in worse case scenario, buy us small-time guys another year or so.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

The state kinda bit themselves in the ass with A64, because many parts of it are a word-for-word copy of A20, except they replace the word "patient" with "any person 21 and over". The 6 plants per person is gonna make it all go nuts. How do you track any of that? You can get all your buddies to sign sublease contracts for 4x4 or 4x8 spaces in your garage or other space, and you get 6 plants per person. There is no med paperwork and cops don't have much of an argument if they come and try to take a peek. People having surplus and selling 1oz. person-to-person could very much lead to a farmer's market side to the biz, where the consumer wins on quality, more well defined quality/price tiers reappear, and the dispensaries are starting to reappear.

Got a buddy that works with some big guys with the state, keeps me informed about what they are doing. He said that the dispensaries have been pleading with the state to go after small private caregivers, as the big crap shops were losing customers by the week, and had 64 not passed, it would of still been the #1 agenda. Basically we threw a giant monkey wrench into their gears, that even in worse case scenario, buy us small-time guys another year or so.

Actually this buys alot of time,.....it now constitutional as far as residents go,....our DA just dropped all of the posession charges on all the perps he had on his docket. thats fucking insane, Jefferson county will never do that, but why would you grow there in the first place? I think SKY~HIGH has it right its going to be free trade based very soon and that will really force the genie to live out of his bottle!

sky high

sky high

Did Hick sign this into law yet? Gonna be interesting to see the Feds reaction to it all.

Either way.....folks bes' be steppin up their games NOW. Call those friends, call those med friends and ex-patients you used to CG for, call yer neighbor you know is cool....call 'em and tell em yer >still< open for biz, as always. Better. Cheaper. Always available. (no store hours...and no fuckin TAXES....LOL)

like the dispensaries, the >novelty< of being able to buy weed legally in a store will fade quickly, (if it happens at all) especially if the street prices are lower....which they will be due to overhead and general greed of the players. We have the edge for a change right now, folks.....we just need to use it.

And hey.....since it will (soon) be fully legal to GIFT less than an ounce, SantaBud is gonna wrap some nice, frosty nugs up and take the sleigh around to all the little kiddies he can think of...droppin nugs in their stockings and putting the bug in their ear to spread his message far and wide...

So get on it little pot elves! Scrooge McFed is gonna nix this but good and leave the door wide open for huge change...and as always, change is the ONLY constant in play here.....guaranteed.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Jefferson county will never do that, but why would you grow there in the first place?
It's not that bad. Many worse counties in CO. But when you're from the PRB...

"We'll make this world our own...You'll never be walking alone."

But yeah. First step, can wait till the Gov signs and we get to see the lawsuits against the piss tests pile up! Once it becomes legal, it becomes discrimination! (even thought it always was)

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Hick the Dick may back out...
Where do you come up with that? Not that i doubt your opinion but what makes you think he has that option?

As I understand it the state officers are duty bound to uphold all constitutional amendments voted in by the population, his only option to not sign it into law would be to go the route of "not certifying the election in total" i think his only option here would be to determine the entire process was a fraud, and had been manipulated and there for rigged, he has already stated he "will up hold the will of the people" following the election. Never forget this guy is GREEDY and wants another term as governor, invalidating the entire election would cost him his job at the very least, can you imagine the number of law suits this would cost the state of colorado?
No matter how you look at it that is poor government of the people of Colorado. I'm not saying your wrong anything can happen, but you have to look at the probabilities, its true we may never get recreational cannabis storefronts, but i don't think thats what were really talking about in the first place. i think were talking about the rights of citizens as voted into the state constitution by the citizens, and those rights as it pertains to personal use, and production are on surprisingly firm ground. This is a states rights issue, a citizens self government issue, and above all else an issue the gov't cannot even risk going before the supreme court with, You really want to see an uprising? Just imagine the fall out of having the citizens will vetoed by a governor, any governor, anywhere, ever!

If the citizens of Oregon can have physician assisted suicide upheld as a state constitutional right go unchallenged i don't see them having a prayer denying Cannabis use and cultivation, retail sales, ok but like i said i don't think thats what were really talking about in the first place.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Never know what they will do to undermine the will of the people.
He could delay till feds decide in order to prevent lawsuits who knows...
whatever happens will keep on as allways....

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

In a sense he already has declared the vote, so it is effective.

(9) Effective date. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY THIS SECTION, ALL PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL BECOME EFFECTIVE UPON OFFICIAL DECLARATION OF THE VOTE HEREON BY PROCLAMATION OF THE GOVERNOR, PURSUANT TO SECTION 1(4) OF ARTICLE V.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Article_V,_Colorado_Constitution
(4) The veto power of the governor shall not extend to measures initiated by or referred to the people. All elections on measures initiated by or referred to the people of the state shall be held at the biennial regular general election, and all such measures shall become the law or a part of the constitution, when approved by a majority of the votes cast thereon, and not otherwise, and shall take effect from and after the date of the official declaration of the vote thereon by proclamation of the governor, but not later than thirty days after the vote has been canvassed. This section shall not be construed to deprive the general assembly of the power to enact any measure.

You know, when he said 'the voter's have spoken, don't break out the Cheetos and Goldfish just yet." sounds like the 'proclamation of the Governor' to me. My fair lady Colorado, it's not just the ravaging mountain lions and man-eating coyotes that keep me here. Strong fucking State Constitution to boot. He has not the constitutional authority to veto it, it is the will of the people. I'm sure there is some legalspeak requirement for 'proclamation of the governor', signing it, but still the vote has been declared and he can't veto it.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Never know what they will do to undermine the will of the people.
He could delay till feds decide in order to prevent lawsuits who knows...
whatever happens will keep on as allways....
As i understand it the Hick only has a 60 day window to 'certify the election' after that he is in violation of state law. While he does wield power it is out of his hands as to when and how he must act, he cannot decide to fail to uphold the laws of the state of Colorado without facing a potential impeachment from the position of governor ~ and brother that is the LAW!

I'll never forget that its my job to know what the laws are, and are not and to hold those in public office accountable for their failure to adhere to them! Every police officer in the country understands he/she is only acting on behalf of the citizenry, that he/she is not the law, and their opinion has no bering on his or her obligation to up hold it. When the citizens use the power they grant each other by law, they are very hard to manipulate. Its the citizens that are unaware of the laws that tend to fall victim to them,............same as it ever was!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

In a sense he already has declared the vote, so it is effective.

(9) Effective date. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY THIS SECTION, ALL PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL BECOME EFFECTIVE UPON OFFICIAL DECLARATION OF THE VOTE HEREON BY PROCLAMATION OF THE GOVERNOR, PURSUANT TO SECTION 1(4) OF ARTICLE V.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Article_V,_Colorado_Constitution
(4) The veto power of the governor shall not extend to measures initiated by or referred to the people. All elections on measures initiated by or referred to the people of the state shall be held at the biennial regular general election, and all such measures shall become the law or a part of the constitution, when approved by a majority of the votes cast thereon, and not otherwise, and shall take effect from and after the date of the official declaration of the vote thereon by proclamation of the governor, but not later than thirty days after the vote has been canvassed. This section shall not be construed to deprive the general assembly of the power to enact any measure.

You know, when he said 'the voter's have spoken, don't break out the Cheetos and Goldfish just yet." sounds like the 'proclamation of the Governor' to me. My fair lady Colorado, it's not just the ravaging mountain lions and man-eating coyotes that keep me here. Strong fucking State Constitution to boot. He has not the constitutional authority to veto it, it is the will of the people. I'm sure there is some legalspeak requirement for 'proclamation of the governor', signing it, but still the vote has been declared and he can't veto it.

Like i said before 'Sir i like the cut of your jib'!!!

Not to mention the concern i have for his fitness to govern, what dope smoker fills the munchies with gold fish crackers? Mmmm,......golden cotton mouth paste!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Did Hick sign this into law yet? Gonna be interesting to see the Feds reaction to it all.

Either way.....folks bes' be steppin up their games NOW. Call those friends, call those med friends and ex-patients you used to CG for, call yer neighbor you know is cool....call 'em and tell em yer >still< open for biz, as always. Better. Cheaper. Always available. (no store hours...and no fuckin TAXES....LOL)

like the dispensaries, the >novelty< of being able to buy weed legally in a store will fade quickly, (if it happens at all) especially if the street prices are lower....which they will be due to overhead and general greed of the players. We have the edge for a change right now, folks.....we just need to use it.

And hey.....since it will (soon) be fully legal to GIFT less than an ounce, SantaBud is gonna wrap some nice, frosty nugs up and take the sleigh around to all the little kiddies he can think of...droppin nugs in their stockings and putting the bug in their ear to spread his message far and wide...

So get on it little pot elves! Scrooge McFed is gonna nix this but good and leave the door wide open for huge change...and as always, change is the ONLY constant in play here.....guaranteed.
Where would you prefer i hang my stocking,.......SANTA BABY YOUR THE ONE!!!!

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

So, now that this is all wrapped up, and we're just waiting to see how the Retail plays out...

Decrim bill? Old enough to die for your country, old enough to get high in your country! Or we could go with an Amendment raising the draft age in Colorado to 21?
The 2014 mid-terms are right around the corner.

K

kolah

A64... You mean business as usual? Spoke with some top CO MMJ lawyers the other day... One in which co-wrote A64

I'm pluggin' all my lights in:)

nuff said

turbo

What's their names?

Who (specifically) co-wrote 64

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

So was Columbus.
"In fact, Amendment 64 did not comply with required language under the Taxpayers Bill of Rights and no such tax will be imposed," Suthers wrote.
Under TABOR, it will be up to the state legislature whether they will allow voters to actually approve the tax.

Or perhaps crazy like a fox? They knew good and well when they wrote it what TABOR was...
I only wish I had the playbook :)

coloradochem

coloradochem

Replace a couple words with california, colorado, people voted it in more than the winning pres, etc etc hick vs holder. and this is the way it should be lol.

coloradochem

coloradochem

One more, the way hick should be acting, Let me guess you must be..... Holder....

Clearly you dont know our women...

Top Bottom