The Great Amendment 64 Debate

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

The next step to freedom has been taken. Yup there are hurdles to get over but that is true in everything now days. Good quality bud and a jury trial are both good points. There are enough of us around now that nobody will get convicted in a jury trial. Besides the govt doesn't have the funds to fight us in court. We took care of that by re-electing Obama. Will be interesting to say the least.

sky high

sky high

the MMC advantage in licensing is not going to leave much room for the little guy in the commercial vendor world,........Same as it ever was

Not sure I'm following you here, UC. You do realize that A64 specifically >prohibits< the MMC's from wholesale or retail sales to anyone but med peeps...right? (wholesale only to other MMC's, retail only to licensed patients)

IMO, 64 will "seperate the wheat, from the chaff" and will bring validity back to the MMJ program here because many of the folks who bought their way in will go by the wayside and take this EVEN EASIER road. Registry numbers are going to CRASH.... and such an event will not fare well for the MMC's and "the industry" whatsoever....

IF the retail sales to recreational users happens at all..it is reportedly 1-2 years down the road. (2014) The State legislature still has to OK the entire tax SCAM.... and they can drag their feet as long as they please...all the while the FED will be yakking LOUDLY...if not acting physically via withholding various Federal funding...to shut it all down. I see it going NOWHERE.

gonna be interesting to watch the "recreational" aspect of it play out.... and to watch as MMJ get it's own, far overdue "correction" as well....

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes......l

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Man why you guys always gotta piss on everyone's parade, lol.

Dorje

Dorje

kolah, the entire DUI-MJ thing is INDEPENDENT of 64! It's already come up for vote in our legislature TWICE. It's something that was going to be dealt with anyway.

sky high, MMCs are going to be first in line to open up retail sales.

Some of you guys have some interesting ideas about what the future might hold. Keep an open mind, things don't usually turn out as you'd expect.... kinda like when everyone here thought MMCs would drive the prices UP, lol....

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

@SoCoSurge Spell check, bro!
It's really, really hard to follow your thoughts. Who knows, maybe they are just that jumbled when they come out, but I would have to guess you are being lazy at the keyboard.

But you did touch on Stigma.
That is the point people. Everyone's worried about DUI-MJ, but what's the tolerance level for that pre-am 64? Exactly!
Walls are brought down one brick at a time!
Look at the Berlin Wall, all anyone want's to remember is the Jesus Jones scene with the hammer-crane.
But people forget, the wall was built up gradually, just like our drug laws.
And it was dismantled gradually (generally with tunnels and smuggling [Berlin]), until an even greater wall fell.

When you look at who has the drive, well the stoners are winning folks. The opposition has lost it's determination. All we will see now is last ditch hail-mary's from the opposition.

And nothing like surviving an Alcoholic episode of DTs to really bring this fight into perspective. One year without that shit controlling me, never again. I always said if anybody was going to kill me it would be me, almost happened.

Fuck'em All! Love it or Leave it! (I would prefer they leave it, and make room for cooler people).
The Springs is like Utah, it would be a great place, except for the people.

sky high

sky high

My bad, dorje. Stoned again. All the more reason to make those calls, kids. LOL

It does, however, appear that they cannot sell MMJ and MJ from the same location....so that will be a hinderance to some outlets who are barely hanging on and who may have the (reduced) licensing fee....but not the capital to expand across the board. I can see that happening up here where rents are fuckin crazy....even as empty stores exist in every complex. They also don't have the MONOPOLY they had before...so it's gonna be a completely different game...and a lot of risk across the board.

I'll never give em a dime....and I'll make sure my friends don't as well... and it will be what it will be. No real skin lost here....

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Not sure I'm following you here, UC. You do realize that A64 specifically >prohibits< the MMC's from wholesale or retail sales to anyone but med peeps...right? (wholesale only to other MMC's, retail only to licensed patients)

Well, i basicly agree with you the only wrinkle i was hinting at is if you read the fine print in 64, the local govt.'s have the right to vote the "recreational vendors" out, and can also limit the number of licenses they grant in the first place~ the wrinkle is they are directed by the 64 phrasing to give preference to "experienced, licensed and well organized operations already recognized by the state" when it comes to issuing those few licenses, so by a process of elimination the "Little New Guy" won't be sitting at the new legit table when the dust clears, but you got classic Bowie running through my head so i say THANK YOU!!
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes......l

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

My bad, dorje. Stoned again. All the more reason to make those calls, kids. LOL

It does, however, appear that they cannot sell MMJ and MJ from the same location....so that will be a hinderance to some outlets who are barely hanging on and who may have the (reduced) licensing fee....but not the capital to expand across the board. I can see that happening up here where rents are fuckin crazy....even as empty stores exist in every complex. They also don't have the MONOPOLY they had before...so it's gonna be a completely different game...and a lot of risk across the board.

I'll never give em a dime....and I'll make sure my friends don't as well... and it will be what it will be. No real skin lost here....

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

somehow i screwed up that last one sorry i did not intend to make my comment appear as if it was your continued quote,......OOPS!

Agreed,....although i have given in seeking beans in the past,........as for finished flowers, no thanks i'll wait is a pat answer!

i talked with two of my friends that work for large MMCs both unaffiliated with the other, and both guys ( both oversee large scale grows ) said their bosses were going after the "recreational" with every thing hey have ~ one of these operations has trouble keeping up with demand for the network of 15 MMC storefronts they produce for, the other has a half dozen shops in 6 different counties : they both feel very confident they will be the big winners when all is said and done, and that they are "happy to wait out the couple of years its going to take"

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
@kolah - grey areas in the law have a long history of favoring both sides of the coin. One man's grey area is another man's loophole. Often times it provides something to challenge when an issue arises. This is not always a bad thing.

outwest

sky high

sky high

I'm sure folks are positioning, UC. It's the nature of the beast...so far. Time will tell how hard all of the regular folks out there (and their brother and his brother..etc...etc..etc)...all of whom got shut out by the MMC's/1284 in July 2010, will go at it >before< these new outlets come online.....if they ever come online.

I foresee bartering for services without any "money" exchanging hands and other creative ways ahead to make everyone happy and stay well within the law while thwarting the entire tax scheme. 64 allows for a penalty-free transfer of up to one oz between individuals without renumeration.... and rather than fork over $$$...a lot of folks will welcome keeping "business" off the books in such a manner. Could be fun.... and it sure never hurts to ask/and will be well within the law to ask "Wanna trade for some nug?" :D

gonna be interesting to see what happens....and who has the balls to step up to the firing squad first. I think the MMC folks are trippin hard 'cus they have been allowed to call the shots til now and run shod over the entire Amendment due to the State's financial woes. In the end, I truly think many of them REALLY think they are untouchable.....but we will soon see what happens when they step out from behind the protection if the medical realm.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Chicken plucker, fer hire..1.5 grams per hour
Experienced gutter 2 grams per hour.
.Must pass pre employment drug screen, high nano counts only please apply...
We actualy do have partimers who work for weed, best to give it to them AFTER they work...

sky high

sky high

When I was foreman on a large irrigation crew I would stone 'em..then watch em work to see their >true< ethic. Some guys are slackers when stoned...but some guys are high-quality "robots"...head down til the boss again says "Safety Break!"...LOL. The slackers lasted a couple of days...but a couple of the robots were returning workers for me every Summer for many years.:D

coloradochem

coloradochem

I'm sure folks are positioning, UC. It's the nature of the beast...so far. Time will tell how hard all of the regular folks out there (and their brother and his brother..etc...etc..etc)...all of whom got shut out by the MMC's/1284 in July 2010, will go at it >before< these new outlets come online.....if they ever come online.

I foresee bartering for services without any "money" exchanging hands and other creative ways ahead to make everyone happy and stay well within the law while thwarting the entire tax scheme. 64 allows for a penalty-free transfer of up to one oz between individuals without renumeration.... and rather than fork over $$$...a lot of folks will welcome keeping "business" off the books in such a manner. Could be fun.... and it sure never hurts to ask/and will be well within the law to ask "Wanna trade for some nug?" :D

gonna be interesting to see what happens....and who has the balls to step up to the firing squad first. I think the MMC folks are trippin hard 'cus they have been allowed to call the shots til now and run shod over the entire Amendment due to the State's financial woes. In the end, I truly think many of them REALLY think they are untouchable.....but we will soon see what happens when they step out from behind the protection if the medical realm.
20 dollar mason jars

Melizzard

Melizzard

((((((Kolah!)))))))) Yeah I'm chugging along ... but unfortunately my treatment is no longer working so a treatment change is in order. Damn I hate this disease.

xxoo
Mel

Heck Mel..I was just going to post a shout-out for ya. I am glad you're still chugging along. Cheers!

Top Bottom