The Great Amendment 64 Debate

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toker Ace

Toker Ace

Just to play devils advocate:
think through this whole "legalize" thing and try to think ahead to when Monsanto buys the patent for weed from the us govt. or just "invents" their own weed. Then they can harvest pollen by the ton and seed crops that they don't own into crops that they do own. Keep it illegal. Put it back on the black market and everybody keep on growing. If you grow find a patient or two, because you owe it to being human, and do what you can to make them as comfortable as possible.
Just a thought not really a rebuttal

sky high

sky high

Bottom line here......

The more I think about it the more I like the freedom aspect of it....and the less I think the retail aspect will EVER BE ALLOWED to get off the ground. There's just too many parameters against it...law or no law... I just don't see the Fed standing for open sales. The whole "Med" thing tripped 'em up...but without that and the little protection "privacy" still provides us... um...yeah >>>Same as it ever was

If it "kills" MMJ it will only kill the commercial side of it because the Amendment will stand and those who truly qualify will likely stay under that umbrella. 1284 should have NEVER been allowed to exist. ANYTHING MMJ related should have been taken to vote. What we got is a politician-driven nightmare that is filling the pockets of a few (self)chosen ones and everyone else has been left hung out to dry on many fronts.

The "Black Market" Chippi referes to may very well become the "Block Market" because..if this passes....there's gonna be lotsa peeps growing who never woulda grown before... just like what happened when the Ogden memo came out and all of the MMJ heroes we see today instantly grew their "balls" and became experts on "weed". LOFL. Ironically....Chippi was one of these peeps....back when sales were unregulated and she was making bank off what she now criticizes as a "Black Market". WTF?? How about STFU, Chippi???

Get ready for crazy. Folks will be gettin popped from day one doin stupid shit and paradin it all over the place....as if it is "legal" across the board/anywhere they happen to be.... jus' watch.

And get ready for State border checkpoints with packs of wild drug dogs jumpin all over cars 'cus if this passes CO will be on lockdown......

"ch ch ch ch changes.....look out you Rock n rollers...."

s h

K

kolah

More and more checkpoints are currently in the process regardless of this so called bullshit "law."...whether it passes or not.

Look at the bigger picture. The endgame is to limit, if not restrict all travel. It started with the airports and TSA. And it ain't stopping there, either. DUI-MJ and it's agenda will be one more reason to keep "everyone safe" while filling the jails with cheap slave labor.

I am 100% against this psudeo-legal Amend 64. But I don't vote anyway so I'll just be an casual observer to the funny little magic act in progress. Either way, the hammer is still coming down on all of us.

K

kolah

"The 10 Planks of a Communist Manifesto."
Do we got em' all?

First Plank: Abolition of property in land and the application of all rents of land to public purposes. (Zoning - Model ordinances proposed by Secretary of Commerce Herbert Hoover widely adopted. Supreme Court ruled "zoning" to be "constitutional" in 1921. Private owners of property required to get permission from government relative to the use of their property. Federally owned lands are leased for grazing, mining, timber usages, the fees being paid into the U.S. Treasury.)
Second Plank: A heavy progressive or graduated incometax. (Corporate Tax Act of 1909. The 16th Amendment, allegedly ratified in 1913. The Revenue Act of 1913, section 2, Income Tax. These laws have been purposely misapplied against American citizens to this day.)
Third Plank: Abolition of all rights of inheritance. (Partially accomplished by enactment of various state and federal "estate tax" laws taxing the "privilege" of transfering property after death and gift before death.)
Fourth Plank: CONFISCATION OF THE PROPERTY OF ALL EMIGRANTS AND REBELS.(The confiscation of property and persecution of those critical - "rebels" - of government policies and actions, frequently accomplished by prosecuting them in a courtroom drama on charges of violations of non-existing administrative or regulatory laws.)
Fifth Plank: Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly. (The Federal Reserve Bank, 1913- -the system of privately-owned Federal Reserve banks which maintain a monopoly on the valueless debt "money" in circulation.)
Sixth Plank: Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.(Federal Radio Commission, 1927; Federal Communications Commission, 1934; Air Commerce Act of 1926; Civil Aeronautics Act of 1938; Federal Aviation Agency, 1958; becoming part of the Department of Transportation in 1966; Federal Highway Act of 1916 (federal funds made available to States for highway construction); Interstate Highway System, 1944 (funding began 1956); Interstate Commerce Commission given authority by Congress to regulate trucking and carriers on inland waterways, 1935-40; Department of Transportation, 1966.)
Seventh Plank: Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. (Depart-ment of Agriculture, 1862; Agriculture Adjustment Act of 1933 -- farmers will receive government aid if and only if they relinquish control of farming activities; Tennessee Valley Authority, 1933 with the Hoover Dam completed in 1936.)
Eighth Plank: Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies especially for agriculture. (First labor unions, known as federations, appeared in 1820. National Labor Union established 1866. American Federation of Labor established 1886. Interstate Commerce Act of 1887 placed railways under federal regulation. Department of Labor, 1913. Labor-management negotiations sanctioned under Railway Labor Act of 1926. Civil Works Administration, 1933. National Labor Relations Act of 1935, stated purpose to free inter-state commerce from disruptive strikes by eliminating the cause of the strike. Works Progress Administration 1935. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, mandated 40-hour work week and time-and-a-half for overtime, set "minimum wage" scale. Civil Rights Act of 1964, effectively the equal liability of all to labor.)
Ninth Plank: Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country. (Food processing companies, with the co-operation of the Farmers Home Administration foreclosures, are buying up farms and creating "conglomerates.")
Tenth Plank: Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production. (Gradual shift from private education to publicly funded began in the Northern States, early 1800's. 1887: federal money (unconstitutionally) began funding specialized education. Smith-Lever Act of 1914, vocational education; Smith-Hughes Act of 1917 and other relief acts of the 1930's. Federal school lunch program of 1935; National School Lunch Act of 1946. National Defense Education Act of 1958, a reaction to Russia's Sputnik satellite demonstration, provided grants to education's specialties. Federal school aid law passed, 1965, greatly enlarged federal role in education, "head-start" programs, textbooks, library books.

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

I'm on the edge here and doing lots of research. I'm afraid the same thing is happening that caused the passage of Amenment 2 over 20 yrs ago. Fundraisers in Boulder and Denver keep everyone certain that "were all so liberal, pat pat". Then the conservative rural and overfedbytheFed voters come out in droves. Colorado is a powder keg. BTW The US Supreme Court overturned Amendment 2. As a board member I learned a hell of a lot. Important? ORGANIZE, BIG PIX, COHESIVE STRUGGLE, CLARITY OF LANGUAGE, PATIENCE. After 50 years of activism, we learn.And yes, I vote in Colorado.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

9 Point+ lead in polls... it's going to pass.
9 points and they've out-raised the opposition by a buttload...
I'll start spreading the bad (good) news to the troops.

So the question is if Colo and Cali are in the bag, where does Wash and Ore stand so far?
A Trifecta? Quadrafecta?

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

All I will say is, I remember that portly little guy named Mason Tevert preaching the gospel at the Auraria Campus quadrangle since early 2000's. I'll told him he needed to brush up on his 1930's MJ criminalization facts a bit (which he did), so that he didn't just come off as some pro-legalize hippy. He believed in it then, he sure as hell seems to believe in it now. It's not as big of a step as I would have liked, but once we got the shoes on....

K

kolah

Agreed CM. People are being suckerd into it. Big Gov (as always) wants a big piece of the pie and every weed smoker in CO will have a bulls-eye painted on their face for the feds to bust their ass.

Welcome to the machine.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Well, I've read it CM. Pretty much is what you would expect, don't think they could get much more and pass it. I am always wary of flashy advertising with vague wording. Why can't these people just highlight text and make points. I just don't see some of the stuff he is saying, unless he is stating the obvious.

S

SoCoMMJ

. I just don't see some of the stuff he is saying, unless he is stating the obvious.

I agree. Most of the opponents make statements like in the video, but fail to provide any fact behind their statements.

Is it complete legalization ? Of course not, it's regulation. Even beer is regulated. You can brew it yourself, but you can't sell it without a license.

Is it better than what is in place now? I guess that is the question.

I'm not sure what the girl in the video did to get arrested. If she possessed 2 ounces in public, it's still a petty offense. If she was growing 6 plants without a red card, that would have been ok. If she possessed a pound at the location where she grew it, that would be ok. Maybe she is a hooker...

putembk

putembk

I agree. Most of the opponents make statements like in the video, but fail to provide any fact behind their statements.

Is it complete legalization ? Of course not, it's regulation. Even beer is regulated. You can brew it yourself, but you can't sell it without a license.

Is it better than what is in place now? I guess that is the question.

I'm not sure what the girl in the video did to get arrested. If she possessed 2 ounces in public, it's still a petty offense. If she was growing 6 plants without a red card, that would have been ok. If she possessed a pound at the location where she grew it, that would be ok. Maybe she is a hooker...
Agree, just read eleven pages of regulation on amendment 64 and there is no doubt in my mind that the govt is going to tax, profit and totally control mmj. You are not going to be able to make a living growing and selling mmj on a personal level, you may operate a dispensary but good luck having the feds looking over you shoulder every time you open the doors. I do believe it is a step in the right direction toward more and more freedom as time passes. But I don't believe it will ever be sold at a farmers market like tomatoes. If this bill is put down what is next and how long will it take for another bill to be put before the voting public. VOTE YES ON 64!!!!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just wait, if this passes more and more rules and regulations will follow, jst like the mmj scene.border checkpoints warrantless searches and seizures more so called knock and talks and raids...I bet they will add all sorts of shit on like mmj after the fact, no right to refuse search if growing, no more mmj extra plant count recs., Just dont trustthe Govt to regulate anythiong fairly...
Mj Dui bill will have to be passed and enforced..
The revenooers are here pa and they will be armed to the teeth.
I say vote NO, how many of us are currently geting busted????
Maybe better to let the dog sleep for awhile hoping folks wake up to all the regulations and rules were being subject to and we will revolt and be truely free.......

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
That girl was held for complete physical exam by the chickenman.
After a good deep probing she was released but keeps comming back for more deep penetration..
CM May not be so gay after all.....

K

kolah

much agree with CM (aka Captain Underwear), DUI-MJ is where this is going. and more.

and the more I think about this whole mess the more I am starting to think that ALL of the MMJ shops should be shut down.

Tripsick

Tripsick

lol people are silly as shit. Vote Yes on 64 it will only get better. lol at anyone thinking it will some how get worse.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
lol people are silly as shit. Vote Yes on 64 it will only get better. lol at anyone thinking it will some how get worse.

Hope so, but show me anything thats better when regulated and taxed by the government....
They are the ones who will have LOL...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ever been pulled over in Utah?
If this passes the cops there will love all the revenue they will get fineing and jailing folks with colo plates transporting any amount. Having any amount in system is a crime and if they find Mj also possible DUI....
They can also seize cash and vehicle.
After getting stopped there and searched no way will I travel through there again.....

putembk

putembk

The more individuals we can get to start using this plant more deregulation and ffreedom will follow. It will take time and Colorado may endure a short time of fed fucking. There is strength in numbers and its easier to hide in a crowed room than standing there all alone.

Agree C-man, but the govt is going to get involved no matter what. Todays govt doesn't offer freedom...it offers oppression. We have come a long way since I took my first toke and there is still a long way to go. Try and get someone to take their first toke today!!!!

Top Bottom