The Great Amendment 64 Debate

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

MY biggest concerns about amendment 64 passing is DUI-M and it's specifically written into 64 that there is NO PROTECTION from DUI-M.

AND..redcard holder status is open range to cops access.

I was told lawyers wrote up 64. If this is correct, does anyone really think lawyers would write up something that take away their earnings or would they write up something to increase them?

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Just like Am 20? So what if lawyer's wrote it. You've read 20, seen the loopholes that brought us one step closer (not farther from) to legalization. I read 64 and think "Fucking game on!' [probably not for me, but somebody's going to bring it on home, one step closer to legal]. And the more states that pass Recreational the better, IMO... Of course another part of me would be just fine with a Mormon for president and 20 yr mand min for a joint.

putembk

putembk

I voted and sent in my mail in ballot yesterday. Yes on 64 and NO on any new taxes. Will be glad when all this shit is over and things will return to normal. Don't care who wrote it, yes is a step in the right direction. Make sure you vote. The votes are there if you get off your ass and DO IT!!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

MY biggest concerns about amendment 64 passing is DUI-M and it's specifically written into 64 that there is NO PROTECTION from DUI-M.

AND..redcard holder status is open range to cops access.

I was told lawyers wrote up 64. If this is correct, does anyone really think lawyers would write up something that take away their earnings or would they write up something to increase them?
I see several problems with this, and i know from brutal experience here in Boulder Colorado that even the lefties look at it as a cash cow, one they do not take care of but just want to cash in on the milking others do~ so i hear you. i think the DUI-M is a huge profit issue for the local lawyers, cops and law enforcement folks, so it is going to be the thorn in the side of this "new freedom" actually my lawyer has told me "the POLICE need Probable Cause to access the Red Card Files" and driving a car isn't good enough, however after watching the Shit-Storm that came from 1284 i have no doubt those that can will twist it for all its worth.
I voted and sent in my mail in ballot yesterday. Yes on 64 and NO on any new taxes. Will be glad when all this shit is over and things will return to normal. Don't care who wrote it, yes is a step in the right direction. Make sure you vote. The votes are there if you get off your ass and DO IT!!

Me too,....however you gotta remember this is the "New Normal" its never going to be like it was 10 years ago, and sadly i miss those days when i could pay my bar tab in Summit County with an alternative GREEN BACK!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I sincerely hope you guys are right and I am wrong.

Hey, don't get me wrong i think it has the potential to be a giant problem, but i fully support the under ground, unstated efforts to get this "States Rights" issue before the (hopefully "NEW") Supreme court in the next few years and this is a silent goal of many supporters!

K

kolah

These days the Supreme Court has a running record for over-turning everything that goes against Constitutionality. Quite simply, the judges are bought out and just another extension of government sell-outs.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

No doubt, but Roberts surprized the hell out of me with his call on OBAMA care, and the next President will get to put at least one if not two on the bench, which could be grounds to cheer or run for cover, we'll see which on the 6th of November.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Just like Am 20? So what if lawyer's wrote it. You've read 20, seen the loopholes that brought us one step closer (not farther from) to legalization. I read 64 and think "Fucking game on!' [probably not for me, but somebody's going to bring it on home, one step closer to legal]. And the more states that pass Recreational the better, IMO...
"Of course another part of me would be just fine with a Mormon for president and 20 yr mand min for a joint." Mind if i ask which part?

Tripsick

Tripsick

Why do most people fight themselves and always work against their own interest. is it that easy to fool some of you into doing that?

A

Angus

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/20/u-s-justice-department-could-sue-if-amendment-64-passes/

Straight from the horses mouth feds won't tolerate this.

Colorado passing 1284 was very iffy and I wasn't sure how the feds would react but suprisingly they left us alone.
but anyone with any experience with this system absolutely knew that this recreation shit wouldn't fly with them. I mean come on. They are busting and siezing assets of medical people in cali as we speak you really think they are gonna be cool with commercial weed shops to every adult over 21.

pharma industry is 500 billion a year business
prison industry complex 70 billion a year.
weed black market estimated at maybe 20 billion x 4-5 percent tax on that.
if you think taxing cannabis will help the economy you are delusional.
They make far far more having it illegal. Those motherless whores will fight this with everything they have.[ and they have alot ]
Obama and this current regime know full well that the country would collapse if all drugs were legal.
They have known for 50 years that cannabis is harmless, it's a gigantic jackoff session where we the people are forced to pay taxes for this drug war so they can spend billions of our hard earned money on drug sniffer dogs, flak jackets, police cruisers and on and on and fucking on.

Not enough jobs in this country well hell lets just lock up pot users and make some more money off it. Prison guards love prohibition they make 30 bucks a hour to oversee non violent pot offenders. and with the private for profit prison scam they are laughing all the way to the bank. 85% of federal inmates are non violent drug users.

K

kolah

......for what it's worth:

FALTERING FLAME
Monday, Oct 17, 2012 the Denver Post released the results of its latest survey of likely voters concerning Amendment 64 (regulatemarijuana.org): Support for the marijuana decriminalization initiative fell from 51 percent to 48 percent, with opposition rising from 40 to 43 percent.
"The most noticeable swing in the new poll, taken [last] Tuesday and Wednesday for the Denver Post by SurveyUSA, came among women," wrote John Ingold. "The previous poll showed the measure succeeding with women 49 percent to 39 percent. The new poll, however, shows women opposed 48 percent to 40 percent.
"Men continue to support the measure, as do young voters and those ages 50 to 64. But a slender lead among voters ages 35 to 49 has turned into a 4-point deficit, while voters 65 and older disapprove of the measure by a wider margin."
Also on Monday, the campaign experienced a morale boost when the state's largest union, United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 7, endorsed the amendment.
In a statement, union president Kim Cordova says, "Removing marijuana from the underground market ... will create living-wage jobs and bolster our state and local economies with tens of millions of dollars in new tax revenue and savings."
Courting fire
The Washington, D.C.-based Americans for Safe Access (safeaccessnow.org) organization continued its efforts to compel the Obama administration to reclassify marijuana from its status as a Schedule I substance when its case began Tuesday in the U.S. Court of Appeals.
Three judges will determine a number of issues, reports the Associated Press, including whether ASA has experienced enough harm to have the legal standing to bring the lawsuit in the first place. If so, they will then look at the actions of the Drug Enforcement Administration, which took nine years to reject the original 2002 reclassification request.
Adding numbers
Taxes related to medical marijuana, collected by the city of Colorado Springs, continue to rise. Reflecting sales of some $4.5 million, the September report showed an all-time high of $112,132 deposited in government coffers, an increase of roughly $15,000 from a month earlier and $38,000-plus from the same time last year. Year to date, the city has brought in almost $700,000, already topping last year's total of $510,881.
Meanwhile, numbers from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment show that the number of MMJ patients in El Paso County keeps creeping back upward. As of July 31, 13,721 people possessed a red card, an increase of 194 from the month before. The county hit its peak in July 2011, when 14,828 people were registered. Statewide, the number is 101,220.

lino

lino

Im not trying to agitate a certain group of users on this site with another comment again. So hopefully there attack mode will be at a mild roar in regards to this post, with that said, I was asked by Rob Corry to share this info on some different site forums so save your attacks for him;

Rob Corry told me that I should post some issues for clarification . RC Quotes
"64 is move in the right direction for the marijuana community.
DUID is already rampant. This wont change. 64 changes nothing for MMJ people in almost all aspects. There will still be a very good defense , AND THE SAME defense, for the MMJ user who is charged with DUID. No one should be driving 3 hours after smoking , but you still have the same defense before and after 64.
MMJ laws and 64 are 2 different laws with no overlap. 64 allows all others access to cannabis. He could not see a reason for us Not to be in favor of 64...." end of RC quote.

On the business side of 64 we cant stop it. Big business is here and they just change hats as needed . The big names navigate to where there welcome and someone always takes there $$$...
I went over the issue in great detail with RC and I am now in favor of 64. 64 is a good for me as a MMJ user and my new business ventures also. Those who position themselves correctly stand to profit like you never had before . Those who dont will find their product worth very little as far as $$$, MAYBE, hopefully you like your strain better than the possible new pesticide free GMO Dime joints which are like nothing I've seen but one time in my lifetime, which I now know was GMO'd out of the Univ of Tenn..... Nothing natural even comes close and cost 3 times more to produce. American entrepreneurs are so very intuitive and creative.. Their ideas are unprecedented in marijuana industry. I can only touch on this because of contracts;;; If you have the real G-13 ( you know if you do), 1988-1989 please DO NOT LET anyone know... less than 1000 seeds were made. Pls be very careful as you will have trouble from dangerous people if you show the G-13 Plant, trust me on that one.... you'll need an awesome microscope and rDNA knowledge to get at the gene you seek, hopefully you havent wasted all your g-13 seed stock trying to get the gene . I can POSS get at gene on the ORIGINALS and poss F1,s if you have plant stock or seed from F1's or originals . contact me if you need help, its not cheap and environmentally and legally dangerous w/o the right preparation.... Reproducing any illegal GMO will get you big trouble, BIG trouble, federal agents who's only job is to find illegal GMO breeders! GMO breeders are very easy to track, find the lab/microscope and they found you. Read up on safety and testing if plan on tissue or pollen handling PLEASE ! This is very dangerous! We dont know the organism used in this experiment.

Before I get a bunch a private messages, G-13 plant ID, obvious characteristics.
Seed to harvest 85 days, ( so it doesnt over grow the room), at over 14oz - 2lb - 1000w vs t5.
200 gallons of roots/plant,
.01 grams will put the user on his hands and knees asking to buy some 13 after the CS gas effect has cleared from his face and his head rush has cleared. Your kind bud just turned to swagg,. Yep thats the real G-13, that you has just identified.

If the real G-13 or another GMO replica gets to the public Our priceless strains will loose some money value for sure. I wondering if heirlooms and land race strains will gain in value at this point.

For those of you who say I have exaggerated these specs you dont realize that you have/had the F2's. F1's came from Virgina ( that guy went to prison, less than 1000' seeds were made), the F1's came from Amsterdam 10'000 seeds that I knew of... I can prove it., very soon.

And my most important message /opinion . I am not going to release this until its duplicated or someone else releases it to the public. Its very dangerous if you do. GMO needs major testing before being released to our environment. These organism could have unthinkable consequences without testing first. And to further stress the importance that you follow this advice I have not read any documentation at this point as to what organism Tim spliced in this GMO. please use EXTREME caution with the pollen. Yes, I was dumb ass breeding this shit in a basement before I realized and was also made aware of what it was by the Feds as to what I was breeding.
Sorry if I appeared as to offend some of you guys with my ego, wit, knowledge, attitude, the book being written about my story or whatever it is about my long winded comments like this one that bothers SOME users, my apologies again. And for those who like my tips and personal web site thanks again.

Quote from Lino and Rob Corry "VOTE YES ON 64".

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
GMO pot??? Thats all about control and greed.
Big bussiness/GMOs will ruin pot like it has everything else in agriculture..
What a shame....

sky high

sky high

Corry is correct about the DUID aspect. They are ON this anyway...and we already have a DUID law here. Get pulled over and they smell weed now.... they do a roadside...fail you...then you get a blood test. With no nanogran limit.....ANY THC in your system counts as "DUI". If you refuse the test, you automatically lose your license for a year.

With the nanogram limits....>>I<< prolly won't pass...but my buddy who only takes one hit....once a day or less...probably would skate by. I'm NOT in favor of these limits...but it goes without saying that some sort of parameters will always be set around ANY intoxicants that become widely used by the public. Wanna throw it all in their face? Then you'd better be prepared for a bit of splatter to come back yer way.

The "G-13" story is a classic. SO MANY versions....and such reportably killer pot.... yet... um...yeah. ZZZzzz. Goin on well over 20 years of myth here... yawn/stretch. Seems like HIGH TIMES shoulds do a story on it and clear up any misconceptions, huh? >snicker<

The retail side of 64 will never see the light of day. This >>IS<< where the Fed will draw the line, IMO.

gonna be interesting to see WTF happens..IF it passes.... (momentum is slowing...and doubt is reportedly creeping in where a few weeks ago..it seemed like a slam dunk)

true grit

true grit

Tough to agree it won't see the light of day after visiting Oakland in the past and seeing how wide open shit is there for adults. I think they would be more concerned about all of the non-taxed, legal transactions going on but they don't give a shit. It is legal in Oakland for transactions privately among adults, if that doesn't ruffle feathers not sure getting some actual tax money off the same situation is gonna bother em.

lino

lino

GMO pot??? Thats all about control and greed.
Big bussiness/GMOs will ruin pot like it has everything else in agriculture..
What a shame....
Many talk of the Feds. Listening to the legal experts debating just we do the same thing on this forum thread, I was enlighten as most of them agree and "think" that the Federal Prohibition issues are settled, and also on 64 and some of these lawyers feel so strongly they have invested in the scheme. I am still skeptical to that "Federal" thing as well.

GMO's , I'm sitting on the fence worried , Id love to say more .... It will be done in the future, we just cant say when and to date not like the 13 experiment. It scares me, such a natural prescription to the world stress epidemic. - - - Pondering-, you sit in prison for 7 years, so why not reveal the code for $thousands/millions$ when you get out.... That all I can say. "Greed", Id say YES,,, a scientist who releases nuclear concepts for energy is also well aware of it destruction. This goes with concept of; "young pre-PHD student make med's from a GMO cannabis to cure cancer and you'll be a famous biologist. Will he say no? nuclear, stem cell, GMO, aborting fetus, aborting embryo, embryo manipulation, pathogens, toxins (is it all in the name of science). My friend says when it saves your son from death you'll thank me , and I said to him what should say if your science kills him? cause they have the capabilities of both.

DUID, nothing changed for Red Card holders. We have the right to our meds just like any other prescription'd patient. From some lawyers quotes...

sky high

sky high

I guess I'm just old skool/slow to see such provisions offered freely from the Feds after 3 MJ related encounters/arrests. I shut my eyes and >>still<< see the Drug Task Force guys kickin in that door that day and will never forget staring into the barrel of a 12 gauge for 2 hours with that FAT PIG on the other end of it telling me repeatedly how there "will be nothing left of yer head if you so much as move"........... so......

I will believe these open sales will be allowed freely from retail stores to "anyone/everyone over 21" when I see it happening. Are there open sales of weed from retail outlets in Oakland that aren't "Med" currently?? Or is the Oakland gig a behind-the-scenes "sales are OK" deal?

Haven't we had that same situation forever? You know....the "as long as you don't get caught' provision that is contained in all laws? :D

gonna be interesting to see how it shakes out and who has the brass balls to open a store if it passes.

true grit

true grit

Let me put it this way- I got out there and they gave me a "temporary" card to go into Oaksterdam/bulldog to buy weed at a shop. Not because I was medical but simply because I was visiting and over 21 and they want to show the folks whats up. We were at a conference where everyone there (mostly outta state folks) were allowed to go into certain spots and purchase. And that was YEARS ago, but right after they passed their full decrim where LEO resources could not be used on pot bs and private adult sales were ok. it is oakland tho, but shit even the cops were around while we were in and outta stores for the conference and were asking what we thought about it, so obviously it was known what was going on.

Lino- I don't forsee the GMO bs happening as quickly with a fail swoop as you allude. Most MMC's can barely keep up with growing crap, and the big biz still can't knock them out yet... but they are def preparing (cataloging/stacking of genetics here and europe). You are also coming into a paradigm shift in the views of GMO and food/resources in general, where other countries won't allow it and America is opening their eyes to it at very rapid rates. The next several years will change gmo foods dramatically world wide and that shift will also hopefully hinder progress of gmo in cannabis. time will only tell. but at the rate they are at, either they are just waiting to drop the bomb and take over or are still getting a grasp- which i would think the latter or else they wouldn't doing the same bullshit they are- it would be poppin for em and profitless for us already.

i think the bigger moral question would be, do good/great growers wanna cave and provide the knowledge and experience to grow for the big biz when it comes in? if the market drops out, i can def see a lotta folks jumpin on board for a good paying job to provide for retail.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Is anyone else wondering if this Lino guy is who he says he is, or just a 14 yr old snot-nosed kid taking time away from Warcraft and snorting Ritalin?

Latest posts

Top Bottom