The high cost of Seeds !!!!!!!!!!???????????

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
It’s a very personal thing imho. It really depends on how you brain is wired. If there are strains you are interested in trying for medical purposes I would suggest testing things out in the morning on a clear head. Just my opinion. The Real Sour is my go too smoke though some like heavier but it checks my boxes well
Thanks man. I’ve been bugging @BudGoodman for TRS!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
But isn’t that the whole argument lol!
Are you denying my experience?@Trustfall 😂😂
No not at all. I freakin love growing new strains it’s the most fun for me. Line em up knock ‘em down! So if I spend my life savings to acquire apple fritters then I’ll never have to grow another strain again because it was 50k. Joe blow paid a hundred now he gets to get another new strain next round. While I sit with the fritz lol.
That’s all I’m saying. If you have a ton of money to blow and you don’t care then buy em all at high price. Every single high dollar strain out there today will cheap in a year or two replaced by new high dollar strains.
Variety in the weed world is where it’s at if you want to stay high.
And by the way I love apple fritters. No hate at all. But the jar is going to last which is good because as it cures the smell gets better and better if grow well.

Wieczorekfloorz

Wieczorekfloorz

lately have seen packs of seeds for $500.00 a pack (regs) and $1.500.00 a pack (fems) and have even seen a clone for $10,000.00 (Chimers#3) (white truffle x the creation) and a Plantmum Kush Breath Remix for $1,500.00
help me understand the cost of seeds ? - understand that it takes some years before one gets a stable seed ------------- have spent $125.00 a pack --------- What is the most you have ever spent ?

Check me out I'll throw in my original critical banger f1 and f2s. Inbredline Strain is Bruce banger f1 fast female and critical purple Kush male and Gruntz I'm working. Runtz muffin female from Barney's farm and gorilla glue 4 male. Grunts are Photo seeds

IMG 20210216 201428604
IMG 20210216 201417419
IMG 20210216 201407525
IMG 20210706 120826335
IMG 20210706 114729454
IMG 20210112 164157562
IMG 20210216 201358182
IMG 20210623 133710157
IMG 20210623 133718944
IMG 20210216 201403071
IMG 20210112 164222227
IMG 20210216 201412631
IMG 20210216 201423184
IMG 20210420 193213470
IMG 20210527 235253723
IMG 20210706 114742320
IMG 20210114 235453991
IMG 20210216 201455688
IMG 20200810 230610366
IMG 20200810 230618961
Anthem

Anthem

No not at all. I freakin love growing new strains it’s the most fun for me. Line em up knock ‘em down! So if I spend my life savings to acquire apple fritters then I’ll never have to grow another strain again because it was 50k. Joe blow paid a hundred now he gets to get another new strain next round. While I sit with the fritz lol.
That’s all I’m saying. If you have a ton of money to blow and you don’t care then buy em all at high price. Every single high dollar strain out there today will cheap in a year or two replaced by new high dollar strains.
And by the way I love apple fritters. No hate at all. But the jar is going to last which is good because as it cures the smell gets better and better if grow well.
Trustfall,
This is the exact hype the breeders rely on for marketing purposes. Pretty much every grower out there worth their weights wants to grow the latest and greatest. The bummer in that part is that it takes a run or two to sometimes dial in a strain. My personnel luck with seeds has been anything but good. I will usually pop half the pack and figure out the best female and run that plant. As mentioned above it is really hard to get one that checks all the boxes from a single pack of seeds. I have had more luck with clones than seeds but it depends on what genetics you have available to you.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I hear ya loud and clear! I just always liked Fritter BRO lol. One company I like allows you to sandbox up to 40 cultivars for 6 months before commitment. That being said, after those 6 months its time to start paying 85k.. Then have full with royalties.. One year ago, I almost did exactly what you said man. I was ready to go ALL IN on an attempt to start a cultivation company (life Savings, Loans, 401K double mortage etc). I have a good science background so I was absolutely positive that genetics were all that mattered and If I acquired them.. they would come. (build it.. they will come LOL).. Anyways, a wise caregiver sat me down and explained everything you are talking about @Trustfall. I have since moved in a very different direction. Anyways, I'm gonna PM you for an OREOZ cut 😍

Blastfact

Blastfact

I don't give two shits what it looks like, how it taste, how it ashes out and all this other BS. I want a indica to shut my brain and body down,,, period,,, thats it! I want a sativa to peel my skull open, spit on my brain and make me see colors, tracers and even get a bit paranoid from time to time. I don't need all this crap fufu weed. I grow for the love of the grow and the end product. Not some gay ass girly kiddy weed. They take good weed and just fuck it all up. I don't want useless fine wine. I want MD 20/20 spiked with moonshine! Ass Holes just keep fucking the weed up....

J

JenkylClones

I don't give two shits what it looks like, how it taste, how it ashes out and all this other BS. I want a indica to shut my brain and body down,,, period,,, thats it! I want a sativa to peel my skull open, spit on my brain and make me see colors, tracers and even get a bit paranoid from time to time. I don't need all this crap fufu weed. I grow for the love of the grow and the end product. Not some gay ass girly kiddy weed. They take good weed and just fuck it all up. I don't want useless fine wine. I want MD 20/20 spiked with moonshine! Ass Holes just keep fucking the weed up....

Then why do you smoke weed at all. Make rosin and call it a day. And those assholes are actually making it harder hitting by moving to an entourage affect. The weakest strains around are all the old school with the mono terps the new can have well over 10. The science has been show in multiple studies to be true.

growsince79

growsince79

I'd rather have my brain and body shut down or peeled open by something pleasant to smoke. I don't care how strong it is, if it tastes like shit or makes me gag it goes in the garbage.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I agree with you and I have no shame admitting I smoke way too much rosin because flower just don’t get me there. Et Tu I assume?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Trustfall,
This is the exact hype the breeders rely on for marketing purposes. Pretty much every grower out there worth their weights wants to grow the latest and greatest. The bummer in that part is that it takes a run or two to sometimes dial in a strain. My personnel luck with seeds has been anything but good. I will usually pop half the pack and figure out the best female and run that plant. As mentioned above it is really hard to get one that checks all the boxes from a single pack of seeds. I have had more luck with clones than seeds but it depends on what genetics you have available to you.
I’m not trying to bash clones or seeds. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I’ve always been a clone guy until the last few years making my own seeds. And I feel I’ve been pretty lucky in the seed department so far from what I have found. Like that triangle grape cake in 3 females that’s tits! That being said like the lt x ibg x c99 7 phenos sucked balls but the 1 I kept is so good. Really got lucky on thts draw.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Then why do you smoke weed at all. Make rosin and call it a day. And those assholes are actually making it harder hitting by moving to an entourage affect. The weakest strains around are all the old school with the mono terps the new can have well over 10. The science has been show in multiple studies to be true.

When you make concentrates the terpenes are gone
lately have seen packs of seeds for $500.00 a pack (regs) and $1.500.00 a pack (fems) and have even seen a clone for $10,000.00 (Chimers#3) (white truffle x the creation) and a Plantmum Kush Breath Remix for $1,500.00
help me understand the cost of seeds ? - understand that it takes some years before one gets a stable seed ------------- have spent $125.00 a pack --------- What is the most you have ever spent ?
I think if someone will pay 10k or $1500 for a clone they deserve to get played,if you said truthfully you had clones of both the original male and female that made proven consistent stable plants like the clone you want and it was easy to find again after mating, then $1500 is realistic since the work is done.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter

I think if someone will pay 10k or $1500 for a clone they deserve to get played,if you said truthfully you had clones of both the original male and female that made proven consistent stable plants like the clone you want and it was easy to find again after mating, then $1500 is realistic since the work is done.
Terps are not completely gone when making concentrates. Plenty forms of processing that retain terps even if they are added back from glycosyl sludge.

J

JenkylClones

No they are in rosin. Everything else that's true, but I mentioned rosin.

J

JenkylClones

You are looking at all wrong. Sure for you and me paying 10k for a cut is pointless and chimera #3 as an example isn't worth near that. But all the legit cuts of runtz sold for exactly that and why did every breeder buy as quick as they could because they would make 6 figures selling seeds and for the first 6 months plus all the drops sold out instantly. Having a male and female means nothing.
Why would you want that to breed then and have to grow out a few hundred seeds yourself to hunt, that makes no sense. The whole point of paying the huge numbers is it costs thousands to hunt hundreds of plants.
But like I said we are talking about breeder cuts and the brand new breeder cut isn't meant for your average grower.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

You are looking at all wrong. Sure for you and me paying 10k for a cut is pointless and chimera #3 as an example isn't worth near that. But all the legit cuts of runtz sold for exactly that and why did every breeder buy as quick as they could because they would make 6 figures selling seeds and for the first 6 months plus all the drops sold out instantly. Having a male and female means nothing.
Why would you want that to breed then and have to grow out a few hundred seeds yourself to hunt, that makes no sense. The whole point of paying the huge numbers is it costs thousands to hunt hundreds of plants.
But like I said we are talking about breeder cuts and the brand new breeder cut isn't meant for your average grower.
It depends how you look at it,the conditions were the 2 parents made stable,killer,reliably,consitently unique plants and easy to find and that would ensure preservation,so you don't have to phenohunt or at least very little. To me that is more valuable as well for long term profit if that is the reason for purchase,but I wasn't looking at the resale as motivation. The clone could die and some say even drift after repeat cloning or grown under diff conditions . The breeders you speak of only will then only have half so they will have hybrids or selfed,still no preservation and eventually it's not reproducible which is the only reason I would bother but to each their own, you have a great point.

J

JenkylClones

It depends how you look at it,the conditions were the 2 parents made stable,killer,reliably,consitently unique plants and easy to find and that would ensure preservation,so you don't have to phenohunt or at least very little. To me that is more valuable as well for long term profit if that is the reason for purchase,but I wasn't looking at the resale as motivation. The clone could die and some say even drift after repeat cloning or grown under diff conditions . The breeders you speak of only will then only have half so they will have hybrids or selfed,still no preservation and eventually it's not reproducible which is the only reason I would bother but to each their own, you have a great point.

It's been done once that im aware of. It took 5 years and like 25 bx on each side plus the hunts to make an Uber stable f1. It would cost more like 6 figures to create.

Drift only happens with those that dont know what they are doing or wont invest in the necessary training and equipment.
We do something called tissue culture for our moms. Which means we take the cut, verify it ourselves then put it into culture. What that is doing is basically reseting the genetic. It is also as clean an example as you'll ever be able to create. Literally 99.99999% clean. So every 120 days our moms are replaced. So losing the genetic won't happen when you have dozens of gresh exact genetic duplicates. We also clean hlvd with this process as well.

Actually you can bx with a different father. Problem is your going to need to do a lot of early work to start to bx the kids to the mom. So your right it's not the same exact BUT you can make it literally the same if you put in the work. No one seems to know this nowadays but a lot of the old school stuff used to have huge hermie problems and nunerous other issues. They bred it out and kept doing it until they had what they wanted. It's the same today as then if you have the desire most things are possible. You just had to do it then whereas now you just buy something else.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
+1 for the hot chic pic...and the outdoor mastering thing too. If you're serious about that I would like to offer something....each region has specific, genetically different, strains of Mildew. You may find a strain/pheno with genetic resistance to PM, but if I take that strain and take it to a different region and growing climate, it may not have resistance to that local regions particular PM gene pool. Idk if you knew this or not, I'm just passing this on to someone showing scientific knowledge that may benefit us all should you succeed. The bad news is you actually have to let PM gain a foothold on your plants and in your garden to find out :)
but hey, i'm just a hobby grower....pay me no mind.
Agreed; would like to try to build a cultivar that's specific to my local... absolutely these things are possible; but the ecosystem needs to be capable of supporting it to some degree or another; a truly landrace form; will eventually acclimate itself back into nature; and integrate much of the existing microbiology biome into it's genetic profiles.

I think crossing; and carful selection; and introducing some of the microflora we desire; might help bridge some of the process.

Top Bottom