The high cost of Seeds !!!!!!!!!!???????????

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Crazy bud prices. My kids get just as good black market in Bakersfield for $50-75/oz. $25 clones seem pretty reasonable.
Ohio (or MI) must be high then, around 180 a oz street, I was offered 1400 a pound at one point a year or so ago & didn't take it, kinda wish I I did, The med price gorging in OH is horrendous, most take a trip to MI to overpay less I hear.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Mosh there are some elite growers still getting 2k a pound for there stuff. Runtz is one that is extremely costly to buy and the guys that have real runtz and now what they are doing get 2k a unit for it.
Agreed; herb can be purchased at the dispensary here for $50 an ounce; but I can still get $2k a pound for top grade weed. People will pay it. I got people asking me for it right now; actually.

Some of that $50 weed is pretty dam good IMO; high wise; but the bag appeal is generally lacking. Doesn't look even remotely like mine.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
One mans pheno hunted $20 clone is another mans $400 elite clone. But besides the price, what makes it elite? When are the 95% considered garbage? I would think most commercial growers are more concerned with big yields fast. A few trips to any Oklahoma dispensery, and you know they aren't concerned with terps and potency. So who buys the $1000 clone? Is it the personal use med grower, who is able to get outstanding cuts for $25 -30. There are places around here selling unbelievable cuts for $35, I don't know how it can get much better.
So I'm still wondering wtf makes a legal seed or cut worth $1000. I guess I'll never know.
What makes it elite in my eyes; is that it flips a switch for you that other cultivars do not. Everyone is a little different. I've got that a second gen of Frankenstein I made... and for me; while the potent smells aren't quite what I want them to be; quite yet. (I wouldn't consider it elite) But I think it can be tweaked; so I'll pop o few of them anyhow; whereas I was on the fence about it before... It puts that good feeling under my belly that the others don't; and it puts a little swing in my step. Perks me up nicely, so it stays in the nest. Also the flowering times are good. I think that's the stuff I crossed from that Haze out of Europe; and the Kush grown here in Seattle.

Which is becoming less; and less cultivars for me over time. Some do it; others not so much. I find myself reaching for the same jars or bins; despite having a rather large selection of flowers in the cabinets from past grows. More than ever before.

I do make a point to reach into there and pull some of it out every once in awhile; but usually blending it with something I consider "elite" to lend some better air flow to the joints; then maybe some extracted oils painted onto the outsides. I just smoke joints period; same as always.

Personally I think the dispensary's are mostly selling shit these days; and that's all I hear from people on the ground. What you got man... What you want for it.. It's certainly not like the old days; >>>10 years ago. But great weed has always got a home somewhere.

Last edited:
J

JenkylClones

What makes it elite in my eyes; is that it flips a switch for you that other cultivars do not. Everyone is a little different in this respect. I've got that second gen of Frankenstein I made... and for me; while the potent smells aren't quite what I want them to be; quite yet. I think that can be tweaked; so I'll pop o few of them anyhow; whereas I was on the fence about it. It puts that feeling under my belly that the others don't; and it puts a little swing in my step. Perks me up nicely.

Which is becoming less; and less cultivars for me over time. Some do it; others not as much. I find myself reaching for the same jars or bins; despite having a rather large selection of flowers in the cabinets from past grows. More than ever before.

I do make a point to reach into there and pull some of it out every once in awhile; but usually blending it with some "elite" and maybe some additional extracted oils
All someone needs to experience to see the difference is a legit cut from someone like doja pak. When you try the zoap or rs11 or Bixcotti it opens people eyes to how much better it is than the average. With bixcotti It's not oh I can kind of smell the Gelato. It's slapping you in the face with Gelato and the whole room now smells like Gelato. Then you smoke it and you get the Gelato but also the backend which is an amazing nutty eathy which is excellent. The difference between 1% and 3% Terpenes is a dramatic difference. It also improves the experience since Terpenes are entirely responsible for the experience

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
All someone needs to experience to see the difference is a legit cut from someone like doja pak. When you try the zoap or rs11 or Bixcotti it opens people eyes to how much better it is than the average. With bixcotti It's not oh I can kind of smell the Gelato. It's slapping you in the face with Gelato and the whole room now smells like Gelato. Then you smoke it and you get the Gelato but also the backend which is an amazing nutty eathy which is excellent. The difference between 1% and 3% Terpenes is a dramatic difference. It also improves the experience since Terpenes are entirely responsible for the experience
Agreed; terps are hugely potent... Only need to dip into a few drops of this to find that part out. (this bottle will last me a lifetime) But they can be micro fed into the plant; if it's done correctly during flowers. I hope to prevent cancer; so this is why I mess with this particular one; plus it's wonderful scent and taste I love. (made from lavender flowers) My lungs have vastly improved these days.

I wouldn't even suggest touching this stuff; in it's 100% pure form; it will burn you. This bottle is pharmaceutical lab grade materials.
Terpenes can be adjusted in the grow IMO; it's not just the cultivars itself; but agree genetics are certainly the biggest contributing factors.

S l500 16

For instance; I'll use say 1 or 2 ml of this; mix it with the tween (polysorbate 20%) and some heat energy, then solubilize it into say 10 oz of H2O... Then during flowers; I will give only say; a 1-2 mL (of the dilute) into the finial feeding mixtures; always at the end of mixing the fertilizer compositions.. Need to monitor the pH again... Massive terpene scents in final products.

This is simply one example; there are several. Another more simple (natural) method would be picking the sap off of trees; and putting that into your mixtures. I've done that one also.

In the end; I think it's about the plants having the right mixture of pre-cursor chemicals; as it is about the instructions within the genetics; both are equally important. Lets not forget environment either.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

What makes it elite in my eyes; is that it flips a switch for you that other cultivars do not. Everyone is a little different. I've got that a second gen of Frankenstein I made... and for me; while the potent smells aren't quite what I want them to be; quite yet. (I wouldn't consider it elite) But I think it can be tweaked; so I'll pop o few of them anyhow; whereas I was on the fence about it before... It puts that good feeling under my belly that the others don't; and it puts a little swing in my step. Perks me up nicely, so it stays in the nest. Also the flowering times are good. I think that's the stuff I crossed from that Haze out of Europe; and the Kush grown here in Seattle.

Which is becoming less; and less cultivars for me over time. Some do it; others not so much. I find myself reaching for the same jars or bins; despite having a rather large selection of flowers in the cabinets from past grows. More than ever before.

I do make a point to reach into there and pull some of it out every once in awhile; but usually blending it with something I consider "elite" to lend some better air flow to the joints; then maybe some extracted oils painted onto the outsides. I just smoke joints period; same as always.

Personally I think the dispensary's are mostly selling shit these days; and that's all I hear from people on the ground. What you got man... What you want for it.. It's certainly not like the old days; >>>10 years ago. But great weed has always got a home somewhere.
To each his own. I'll stick to smoking buds that aren't sprayed with anything ever.

Anthem

Anthem

All someone needs to experience to see the difference is a legit cut from someone like doja pak. When you try the zoap or rs11 or Bixcotti it opens people eyes to how much better it is than the average. With bixcotti It's not oh I can kind of smell the Gelato. It's slapping you in the face with Gelato and the whole room now smells like Gelato. Then you smoke it and you get the Gelato but also the backend which is an amazing nutty eathy which is excellent. The difference between 1% and 3% Terpenes is a dramatic difference. It also improves the experience since Terpenes are entirely responsible for the experienc
Which Biscotti and which soap are you talking about. Because my understanding is those are both seed Junkies work.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Agreed; terps are hugely potent... Only need to dip into a few drops of this to find that part out. (this bottle will last me a lifetime) But they can be micro fed into the plant; if it's done correctly during flowers. I hope to prevent cancer; so this is why I mess with this particular one; plus it's wonderful scent and taste I love. (made from lavender flowers) My lungs have vastly improved these days.

I wouldn't even suggest touching this stuff; in it's 100% pure form; it will burn you. This bottle is pharmaceutical lab grade materials.
Terpenes can be adjusted in the grow IMO; it's not just the cultivars itself; but agree genetics are certainly the biggest contributing factors.

View attachment 1241680

For instance; I'll use say 1 or 2 ml of this; mix it with the tween (polysorbate 20%) and some heat energy, then solubilize it into say 10 oz of H2O... Then during flowers; I will give only say; a 1-2 mL (of the dilute) into the finial feeding mixtures; always at the end of mixing the fertilizer compositions.. Need to monitor the pH again... Massive terpene scents in final products.

This is simply one example; there are several. Another more simple (natural) method would be picking the sap off of trees; and putting that into your mixtures. I've done that one also.

In the end; I think it's about the plants having the right mixture of pre-cursor chemicals; as it is about the instructions within the genetics; both are equally important. Lets not forget environment either.

You wrote this in the post, and I couldn't agree more
"Terpenes can be adjusted in the grow IMO; it's not just the cultivars itself; but agree genetics are certainly the biggest contributing factors."
I read an essay/study that goes way back I believe by DJ Short?. He measured the distance, and the strength of the light being used, and found different terp profiles from plants kept at different distances. With the exception of 1, or 2 strains I've had in my life, the terp profile was dramatically changed due to the light distance of flowering cannabis.

I'd imagine the same rules would apply to LED lighting, and intensity?

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I can believe it! Around here there is a phenomenon called, secret sessions. Someone rents

View attachment 1241680

Hmm. I dk Franklin. I cede to you on all things cannabis for sure but I like to think I know a thing or two about genetics. I feel like Cannabis is unique in the sense that it hasn't been shown to be broken into its requisite parts very well (THC pills no bueno.. concentrates are different). Most agree that weed is an immersive experience (not just the buzz) but I feel like it is 100 percent due to the genetics. Possibly splitting hairs but different environments only cause the genetics to be expressed or not.. upregulated or not. So I guess I am confused about the addition of terpenes. Im not sure the plant would even know how to metabolize the Linalool molecules. I believe what your experience has been but I wonder about the scientific explanation.

J

JenkylClones

Agreed; terps are hugely potent... Only need to dip into a few drops of this to find that part out. But they can be micro fed to the plant; if it's done correctly.

View attachment 1241680

Which Biscotti and which soap are you talking about. Because my understanding is those are both seed Junkies work.
Doja pak. Just Google zoap or rs-11 or bixcotti or doja pak . Doja pak is one of the best clone sellers in the entire US.
Biscotti and soap are not the same thing.

J

JenkylClones

Doja pak. Just Google zoap or rs-11 or bixcotti or doja pak . Doja pak is one of the best clone sellers in the entire US.

Hmm. I dk Franklin. I cede to you on all things cannabis for sure but I like to think I know a thing or two about genetics. I feel like Cannabis is unique in the sense that it hasn't been shown to be broken into its requisite parts very well (THC pills no bueno.. concentrates are different). Most agree that weed is an immersive experience (not just the buzz) but I feel like it is 100 percent due to the genetics. Possibly splitting hairs but different environments only cause the genetics to be expressed or not.. upregulated or not. So I guess I am confused about the addition of terpenes. Im not sure the plant would even know how to metabolize the Linalool molecules. I believe what your experience has been but I wonder about the scientific explanation.

Terpenes are actually inside the trichome. If you understand that side the best info is coming out of usc and a few other schools. You can find lots of article's through google scholar. I would also suggest you Google a terpene wheel. It breaks down cause and affect. This wheel is straight out of multiple studies on the topic. As you look at the wheel and google strains you've tried and experienced you will find similarities. An example would be blue dream.

You are 100% about genetics being the cause outside the environmental factors which can be used to increase the numbers. New hybrids can have over ten types of terpenes whereas old school usuall only a couple.Where people start to argue the most is when we talk about the entourage affect. Which is essentially getting a myriad of terpenes mixed together which is why you can make scientific arguments about new hybrids being harder hitting. The biggest factor people seem unwilling to accept is the best for me is unlikely to be the best for you.

J

JenkylClones

I should have mentioned that these arent seed junky, but you aren't too far off with seed junky. This is from wizard trees, doja, and deep east. They sell some of these through Cookies so there might be some connections in the background.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Terpenes are actually inside the trichome. If you understand that side the best info is coming out of usc and a few other schools. You can find lots of article's through google scholar. I would also suggest you Google a terpene wheel. It breaks down cause and affect. This wheel is straight out of multiple studies on the topic. As you look at the wheel and google strains you've tried and experienced you will find similarities. An example would be blue dream.

You are 100% about genetics being the cause outside the environmental factors which can be used to increase the numbers. New hybrids can have over ten types of terpenes whereas old school usuall only a couple.Where people start to argue the most is when we talk about the entourage affect. Which is essentially getting a myriad of terpenes mixed together which is why you can make scientific arguments about new hybrids being harder hitting. The biggest factor people seem unwilling to accept is the best for me is unlikely to be the best for you.
Meh

Meh I agree with about 98% LOLz. I feel we have drifted into a nature vs nurture discussion and Im bullish on recent findings about nature 😃. And yes I’m a fan of that nifty terpene wheel. Hate the tards at the dispo tho that refer to it on the wall like they have any clue.

J

JenkylClones

Meh

Meh I agree with about 98% LOLz. I feel we have drifted into a nature vs nurture discussion and Im bullish on recent findings about nature 😃. And yes I’m a fan of that nifty terpene wheel. Hate the tards at the dispo tho that refer to it on the wall like they have any clue.

Those same people will also tell you all about sativa vs. indica like the recent terpene discoveries have more or less proven that to be 100% wrong. It's even more funnier if you Google the origins of those names. One of them referred to hemp and the other weed from India.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
The biggest factor people seem unwilling to accept is the best for me is unlikely to be the best for you.
This right here. I have tried numerous times to like different strains. Different growers, different cuts, different methods etc. I'm never going to like... oh offfhand.. Blue Dream or Apple Fritter. I've tried hard. I'd like to see what other folks that I trust are seeing there. Our Venn diagrams of "holy shit, this works for me!" just don't intersect there. That said, I've also learned not to to discount those strains going forward. Just like ugly people have beautiful children....

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
This right here. I have tried numerous times to like different strains. Different growers, different cuts, different methods etc. I'm never going to like... oh offfhand.. Blue Dream or Apple Fritter. I've tried hard. I'd like to see what other folks that I trust are seeing there. Our Venn diagrams of "holy shit, this works for me!" just don't intersect there. That said, I've also learned not to to discount those strains going forward. Just like ugly people have beautiful children....
Fritter? 💚💚💚😥😥
I’m not sure I trust a man or woman who doesn’t like Apple fritter. 😂😉
I don’t like Blue Dream and I never liked GG. Cookies N Chem goin in Michigan right now is special

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

If I’m paying for seeds I’m usally pay around 4-10 per but if I’m ordering online sometimes from international I’ll pay anywhere from 4-13 each seed

growsince79

growsince79

Ugly people can have beautiful children for sure. But 2 purebred poodles can't make a labrador. Nowadays every pollen chucker with shit genetics is selling them for $10 or more a seed. Internet marketing at it's worst. But there are stable genetics

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Honest question. What did pound of dank go for in 90s? Highest prices I’ve heard were in Michigan during a very brief period after pandemic. Like $4800 a pound?
Yeah, down south Growers who grew dank would get 4800, and would sell out right away. I'm not 100% on the years, and prices, but I believe 2004 gold was going for around 500 an oz?
It was also way more risky.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I remember when i was teenager , i was absolutely fascinated by the genetics of weed, from the old school hippy scored landraces coming from the most far away places , brought to us by adventourous travellers, pirates in search of the magic, beaking the laws...makin it happen
But also excited to try the few new potent and resin coated hybrids......it was a game for me and my friends to know all of em....study all the magazines to learn about em, their story their effect....and every time me or a friend was popping one of those seeds was exactly what we were expecting, with few phenos that were reflecting the basic charateristics of the line...

Nowadays with the overcome of the meaningless social media, the legalizations in many parts of the world, im almost ashamed to be in this game, seriously.....when i see a catalog of seeds i get nausea, im disgusted by the hype, and yeah the high cost of seeds, the stupid names that dont mean nothing, people searching for the holy grail without leaving their chair in front of the computer ready to drop few thousands to keep the hype going....meeeeh....the whole cultivation thing has become a hype, everything is overpriced for really no reason other than greed...

Its true on the other side that if you have patience you can come across some beautiful hybrids but yeah im so disgusted when i see someone selling 500$ for 10 seeds with no picture or description of the strain...makes me thing about the Art market where a single tiny picture can go for millions of dollars just because some art crithics ( what they call instagram infuencer) said so....

No good news also from the watchtower when you realize that governments are smelling the cash cow, with the hemp derived THC cartridges that seems to be so cool....disposable vapes....plants derived terpenes etc etc....
I may sound like a hater, but i try to keep the positive attitude, and ignore the bad to connect with the good people, the cannabis lovers like you all.....i love this plant...not tryn either to throw shit on everyone whos tryn to make a honest bizness out of it, there is nothing wrong about it.....but just.......be honest....and if you sell seeds post a f*****g picture of the plant at least 🤣 🤣 🤣
happy growin to everyone and good luck!✨

Top Bottom