The high cost of Seeds !!!!!!!!!!???????????

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

lately have seen packs of seeds for $500.00 a pack (regs) and $1.500.00 a pack (fems) and have even seen a clone for $10,000.00 (Chimers#3) (white truffle x the creation) and a Plantmum Kush Breath Remix for $1,500.00
help me understand the cost of seeds ? - understand that it takes some years before one gets a stable seed ------------- have spent $125.00 a pack --------- What is the most you have ever spent ?

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Interesting topic. With people wanting to run the seed industry like the fashion industry or wine industry, there will always be the high end stuff.

That being said, the perception and reality of value is tried and true. Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Exclusivity my man, will oft times dictate that.

fishbuds

fishbuds

I dont like paying alot for seeds. I also dont like wacky niche markets, on any level. Am I missing out on the greatest highs ever, maybe ? Somehow I doubt it.. I like to pay, $3-5 for a regular photo seed, and 5-10 for a feminized seed of reputable genetics.

growsince79

growsince79

lately have seen packs of seeds for $500.00 a pack (regs) and $1.500.00 a pack (fems) and have even seen a clone for $10,000.00 (Chimers#3) (white truffle x the creation) and a Plantmum Kush Breath Remix for $1,500.00
help me understand the cost of seeds ? - understand that it takes some years before one gets a stable seed ------------- have spent $125.00 a pack --------- What is the most you have ever spent ?
$60 for 6 fem seeds

H

hawkman

some one mentioned that comerical growers would buy high dollar colons's so that strain will not be dulieted so to say and also they will make their money back very easy One could not get the geno for but maybe thru "tissue culture" one could do it ?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
simple economics. he who lowers prices enters a race to being broke. tack "rare," "exotic," "elite," "limited," etc into the description and you automatically have something unattainable which in turn commands a higher price.

would i ever spend more than $200 on a pack? hell no. would I ever pay for a clone? negative. why tf would i pay for the opportunity to introduce pathogens, pests, and hassle into my clean environment? with where weed prices are, i don't give a shit if you have the best cut of ECSD or SSSH from the 90s, a single pound doesn't recoup the cost of purchase on some of those cuts.

it's all a racket right now man. greed has taken hold and investors want something to show for their money. buy a handful of packs, do your own seed runs, and be self reliant on not needing any of the new fancy shit. with enough rep, people will start sharing/trading seeds with you too so there's also that avenue of procurement. don't pay the trolls.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
some one mentioned that comerical growers would buy high dollar colons's so that strain will not be dulieted so to say and also they will make their money back very easy One could not get the geno for but maybe thru "tissue culture" one could do
some one mentioned that comerical growers would buy high dollar colons's so that strain will not be dulieted so to say and also they will make their money back very easy One could not get the geno for but maybe thru "tissue culture" one could do it ?
What exactly do you mean? Tissue culture won’t allow you to make something from nothing. Although it’s insane how little you actually need.

josefrahl

josefrahl

I usually pay about $10 a seed. But get free seeds with it as well so total per seed prolly $5-7. I've seen some crazy prices as well. Don't remember the site, but had GD Purp @ $350 a seed. Pics of the plant weren't even GDP. It was some reddish sativa. If you're going to charge that much at least have the forethought to use a pic of the right plant, lol.

growsince79

growsince79

I usually pay about $10 a seed. But get free seeds with it as well so total per seed prolly $5-7. I've seen some crazy prices as well. Don't remember the site, but had GD Purp @ $350 a seed. Pics of the plant weren't even GDP. It was some reddish sativa. If you're going to charge that much at least have the forethought to use a pic of the right plant, lol.
There's a sucker born every day.
Probably the same people who buy this shit.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yes there are people who spend enormous sums of cash on beans, what does not make sense is its just weed, it most likely will not be over 30% thc, you can brag to your friends, it may be good smoke but there is plenty of good smoke at reasonable prices, you can't sell it! What are you going to charge $1000 an 1/8? I had got some free dragons flame genetics and gave it away and everyone told me I was a fool, when it was done it was not bad but hardly worth bragging about in fact I like plain old critical better, to me this is stupid seeds already cost to much but to blow 5 grand on a few beans to me is obscene, if you have mony like that to blow I suggest buying your favorite reg strain and donate the rest to a food pantry or toys for tots you will feel better and get good karma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom