The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Real Sk1 is more sweet, with possibly subtle Skunk notes. Is more floral, and you may find several different chemotypes. There s also Cheese/funk type phenos to be found, but generally is more sweet floral with possible skunky overtones. But Sweet Skunk, not Dead RKS.
RKS is more likely a Sk1 backcrossed to some type of Afghan. Similar to Old 90s Sensi Superskunk. But you would have still had to search for it.

Todd McCormick has Mel Franks Original 1988 Sk1 genetics bred by, and straight from Mel, but are $20 a seed, and $25 shipping. Worth it to me though especially for breeding.

Dominion Seed Company has the 89 Skelly Hashplant crossed with some old 80s Super Sativa Seed club Sk1 male he is using for breeding. KILLER GENETICS.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Real Sk1 is more sweet, with possibly subtle Skunk notes. Is more floral, and you may find several different chemotypes. There s also Cheese/funk type phenos to be found, but generally is more sweet floral with possible skunky overtones. But Sweet Skunk, not Dead RKS.
RKS is more likely a Sk1 backcrossed to some type of Afghan. Similar to Old 90s Sensi Superskunk. But you would have still had to search for it.

Todd McCormick has Mel Franks Original 1988 Sk1 genetics bred by, and straight from Mel, but are $20 a seed, and $25 shipping. Worth it to me though especially for breeding.

Dominion Seed Company has the 89 Skelly Hashplant crossed with some old 80s Super Sativa Seed club Sk1 male he is using for breeding. KILLER GENETICS.

This sounds like i remember it. In the 80’s we would get outdoor skunk. Colas as long as your arm. It smelled of heavy rotten floral odor. Almost a sickly sweet flower smell. Strongest stuff i ever smoked.

In the 2000’s in colorado we would get what the growers called skunk 6. This was their roadkill skunk. Smelled like a skunk for sure but was a short stocky plant rather than a huge sativa.

Now that you say it i can see it was skunk bred with Afghani.

Thanks for clearing that up.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

SO I SURFED ON SEED SUPREME AND FOUND THIS CATEGORY CALLED LANDRACE STRAIN. Anyone familiar? How reputable do any of you feel it is? They’re saying it’s rare preserved strains. Here is the link

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I wouldn't muck with them.

Landrace??

Look into The Real Seed Company

Landrace Polyhybrids???

Swami Organic Seeds.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

I wouldn't muck with them.

Landrace??

Look into The Real Seed Company

Landrace Polyhybrids???

Swami Organic Seeds.

So what would be the difference between your source and that website? Is it that your site is well know and the one I posted isn’t? I’m just curious because I don’t know

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

#1. Their Durban Poison which is claimed to be Landrace is from Dutch Passion. It flowers in 8.5 weeks.

Real Durban Poison IE Mel Franks Original 70s genetics takes 100+ days to flower. The plants also get 15 feet tall. Outside they aint done in USA until Late November. Misleading.

Their Afghan#1 is the same old worn out stuff, and the original genetics that were originally used to make Afgaani#1 were lost in the early-mid 2000s.

I can go on, and on. Those are not IBL, and are also old and worn out. Believe me, if they still sold the old Afg#1, Id be first up to buy some. Also take into account Ive been buying seeds since they started advertising them in the early 80s in High Times, and have been smoking weed since 1967.

The guys are The Real Seed Company actually went to Nepal, and every place else to get thse IBL seeds... Also be prepared to buy a bunch of them to sort through as they are highly variable. High THC-Low THC-High CBD, Combination. They are a smorgasboard, but you hav to search for the best phenos.

I donot know if they still have them but the RSC has some real Deal Mazar, and unlike most of the fakes, is highly variable. Some plants will get 15 feet tall outside, and are not done until December. Can take 20 degree temps. Then, some only will get 2-6 feet tall. They say the mid sized are best, but are still longer flowering than all the other companies that clamim to have REAL MAZAR. Th e shit aint early, and though it is broad leaf, can also get 15 feet tall.
If you don't find fire, Ill eat my shoes.
Swami has some of the pldest cuts alive. Clackamas Coot has kept cuts alive since around 1982. Blue Orca-The One
They come from 1971 Presoviet Kandahar x 1976 Dealers Choice Thai male. He used clones from plants they found in 82 that came from these hybrid genetics. The are called.. The One, and is highly Afghan dominant. It has a sister called Blue Orca, and is slightly more Thai Dom.
He has other old landrace polyhybrids/Stabilized Polyhybrid seed of these for sale.

These Kandahar genetics originally came from BOEL. Look into The Brotherhood of Eternal Love. Clackamas Coot was also BOEL.

Ive grown these, and there is pure fire to be found. Super potent, very long lasting lung buster shit. But like all LBO/Polyhybrids it is highly variable, and you need to search through them. Weve had a Blue Orca Haze cut going now for 3 years, and its some of the best stuff in a long long time. Also has a heavy duty burn out crash, with heavy munchies, and hangover. JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS. Back in the old days you always woke up still stoned, and looking for the fridge. Eyes red as fuck too. My eyes always used to bleed on the best stuff. Most of this modern names shit doesn't even make my eyes red.

He has stuff that will flower from 60-120+ days. If you want highly sativa dom genes, its gonna go at least 80 days, or more. 120+

I recommend buying some of the Swami Blue Orca Haze. Youll get 15-18 seeds for around $110 with shipping, and an extra free pack of something else. They will also be something else he is selling. Not just shit hes trying to get rid of, or testing.
So youll get at least 30 seeds for $110.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
623F35EA A44D 4BBB BB4C 9A8FED89DF75

80’s sk#1 cut still in rotation. Sweet floral hazey/catpissy.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

#1. Their Durban Poison which is claimed to be Landrace is from Dutch Passion. It flowers in 8.5 weeks.

Real Durban Poison IE Mel Franks Original 70s genetics takes 100+ days to flower. The plants also get 15 feet tall. Outside they aint done in USA until Late November. Misleading.

Their Afghan#1 is the same old worn out stuff, and the original genetics that were originally used to make Afgaani#1 were lost in the early-mid 2000s.

I can go on, and on. Those are not IBL, and are also old and worn out. Believe me, if they still sold the old Afg#1, Id be first up to buy some. Also take into account Ive been buying seeds since they started advertising them in the early 80s in High Times, and have been smoking weed since 1967.

The guys are The Real Seed Company actually went to Nepal, and every place else to get thse IBL seeds... Also be prepared to buy a bunch of them to sort through as they are highly variable. High THC-Low THC-High CBD, Combination. They are a smorgasboard, but you hav to search for the best phenos.

I donot know if they still have them but the RSC has some real Deal Mazar, and unlike most of the fakes, is highly variable. Some plants will get 15 feet tall outside, and are not done until December. Can take 20 degree temps. Then, some only will get 2-6 feet tall. They say the mid sized are best, but are still longer flowering than all the other companies that clamim to have REAL MAZAR. Th e shit aint early, and though it is broad leaf, can also get 15 feet tall.
If you don't find fire, Ill eat my shoes.
Swami has some of the pldest cuts alive. Clackamas Coot has kept cuts alive since around 1982. Blue Orca-The One
They come from 1971 Presoviet Kandahar x 1976 Dealers Choice Thai male. He used clones from plants they found in 82 that came from these hybrid genetics. The are called.. The One, and is highly Afghan dominant. It has a sister called Blue Orca, and is slightly more Thai Dom.
He has other old landrace polyhybrids/Stabilized Polyhybrid seed of these for sale.

These Kandahar genetics originally came from BOEL. Look into The Brotherhood of Eternal Love. Clackamas Coot was also BOEL.

Ive grown these, and there is pure fire to be found. Super potent, very long lasting lung buster shit. But like all LBO/Polyhybrids it is highly variable, and you need to search through them. Weve had a Blue Orca Haze cut going now for 3 years, and its some of the best stuff in a long long time. Also has a heavy duty burn out crash, with heavy munchies, and hangover. JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS. Back in the old days you always woke up still stoned, and looking for the fridge. Eyes red as fuck too. My eyes always used to bleed on the best stuff. Most of this modern names shit doesn't even make my eyes red.

He has stuff that will flower from 60-120+ days. If you want highly sativa dom genes, its gonna go at least 80 days, or more. 120+

I recommend buying some of the Swami Blue Orca Haze. Youll get 15-18 seeds for around $110 with shipping, and an extra free pack of something else. They will also be something else he is selling. Not just shit hes trying to get rid of, or testing.
So youll get at least 30 seeds for $110.

So I should order specifically from the real seed company from now on? I’ve been dealing with autos lately just to sample but I think I’m gonna go back to regular. So if the real seed company is who I should talk to then I’ll definitely check them out

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
That is so cool man. I have found what you describe in mr. nice containing skunk crosses. Never thought i would enjoy flowery cat piss. ;-)
She’s a pain to keep healthy, gets woody very easily. Have to keep cloning generations for it to stay happy. She was brought back from the Netherlands in the very late 80’s early 90’s.
When you burn her it’s like inscence. Joints are the best way to ingest and if you walk into a room of someone smoking it you will tell them what they are smoking. 🤸‍♀️

shaganja

shaganja

a couple things come to mind that say's david richards is telling a true story

#1 and foremost to most folks.....frank gegax had a huge operation that got shutdown circa 91.....chem,og,kgb,xmas bud all either went extinct or were found as bag seed around 91

#2... the thc leap that was referred as a high of 16% that all of a sudden was in the 20%+ range.....

#3...this one is a bit more personal... i grew a og hybrid a bit ago that was all og in form yet turned a dull brick red in a warm room....when i ran a sample through my gc...it had a large spike in thcv...i figured it must be a og crossed with a durban or something similar until the comment regarding the hash plant being red with high thcv....hmmmm

bottom line... i think this cat may be for real

fwiw
yes! i believe thcv is the common denominator on some of the greats. i think blue dream gets it from the ssh. i think cookies gets it from the durban, aaaand the kush. i have a therory outdoor florida weed has thcv from the distance to the equator. i bet the miami black blows you back instantly! would like to try! lol am working on a slow thcv project. im just a homeowner, and thcv is in sativas. so the corporate boys will prolly have thiers done before i do! lol

shaganja

shaganja

triangle leaner of bodhi phone home.
TOPIC -
DATE - 02:54:07 9/16/99
FROM - oldtimer1

CG I just saw your bit further down sorry i missed it before. I think there is no doubt that all that the most potent
varieties of cannabis, psycoactivly speaking come from high altitude areas 30 degrees or closer to the equator.
They all tend to have have the appearance and form of what we would call a sativa type. The tricomes tend to be
small and very close unlike todays hybrid vars. The the highs of these vars are generally very up and energising
when grown in their natural environment. The effect of this does not turn you into a drooling idiot but is
stimulating, provoking laughter, conversation and a general feeling of wellbeing. Sorry if my writing is a bit thick
Iím not very good at it, being dyslexic I never learned to write with a pen as such!

India has a huge variation in plant types, the best grass comes from the south. Kerala being one, it is grown on
steep hill/mountain slopes. The photos in early dope books generally show pictures of the hemp harvest in
lowland fields calling it the cannabis harvest. Take a look in R C Clarke book on hash you will get some real
pictures to delight your eyes. The best hash made in northern India and in fact through out the Himalayas is from
a sativa looking plant native throughout the range. It grows wild just below the snow line and was used to make
real Manali, Butan spice, Nep Temple balls/finger hash and Afghan pucks, it is a very high in thc and thcv. The
type 2 plant we call indica is not thought to be native to the area at all, but imported to meet the demand for hash
by the west at the beginning of the century probably from further north in Turkestan. This was for the large
amounts of resin produced rather that the quality of the high.

Vic Iím not sure if this subject is right for this page please say if not and call time. Ot1
thcv is the magic componant imho

shaganja

shaganja

( BCGA )

Time 06:16, 2 Jan 1999
From Old Timer (2)

Old Timer (1)

The 'strain' I was concerned about perhaps having 'Ruderallis' predates both
SSSC and the Seed Bank (Nevil's). It was developed in the late 1970's or early
1980's - I know it was around prior to 1983 according the the anecdotal
information that was given to me.

I saw a plant, grown from clone, and it was about 3 ft high and was absolutely
gorgeous - strong, Afghani-dominate but with a very pecuilar aroma when I
rubbed the stalk. Like I said earlier the 'back' smell was similiar to Nepalese
Sativa.

Then the fellolw showed me a 'Poloroid' of the strain in bloom and I was absolutely
floored on the size of the colas.

THEN he really blew my mind when he stated that it finished in 42 days or less -
now either one of two things are true:

1. He is correct and this is wonderful.

2. He didn't know didly-squat about how to tell when a plant if finishing.

And the reason I was concerned about Ruderallis is that I had read somewhere
several years ago in 'Sinsimillia Tips' magazine that strains with Ruderallis finish
very early and have huge buds - so I hope this strain isn't some weird deal that's
all show and the end result is a joke.

Like I said I was just given a couple of clones and I never did finish them off
because I was moving and had to shut down for several months. But I DID cross
these clones with a pure Afghani 'hash-plant' strain from AFOF.

And THOSE seeds I planted a couple of weeks ago are on their set of 'true'
leaves and it is very Indica and extremely strong smelling - typical 'skunk' kind of
aromas.

That's what I do and do not know about my mystery plants. LOL

Dr. Evil - Any information you miight have on this Velvet Rush would be
appreciated. I planted 10 seeds 3 days ago and 5 are pushing out of the soil this
morning. If it IS a 'sativa' I'll be happy - I have some great pure Afghani moms I
can cross it with.

And I will keep you in mind on a couple of other strains I have - African Sativa
(pure), 2 different pure Afghani strains that have NEVER been fooled with by
breeders - came direct from Afghanistan to America from the Brotherhood of
Eternal Love in Laguna Beach, CA and of course the Velvet Rush seeds - I have
over 200 left.

And I'll be interested in reading more about the Osram 400-watt HPS - it's be
perfect for my 'Poot' fixture - my favorite ballast and hood - bar none.

Thanks to OT (1), Nevi and Dr. Evil for your help and comments.
nepalese highland is a fast strain. done end of august. reeferman used it to speed up the vietnamese black. that is called willie nelson.

shaganja

shaganja

To claim someone has 'Viking ancestors' is no better than astrology
Exaggerated claims from genetic ancestry testing companies undermine serious research into human genetic history

But saying where, and in what ethnic group, that common ancestor lived is considerably more speculative. In the hands of "genetic ancestry testing" companies this speculation almost invariably comes from the murky world of interpretative phylogeography – an approach to "reading" our genetic history that is easily steered by subjective biases, has never been scientifically shown to work and, in some forms, has been explicitly shown not to work.

So saying this or that Y chromosome came to Britain with the Roman legions, or that Oprah Winfrey has Zulu mitochondrial DNA, is just storytelling. Stories are fine if it is made clear that is all they are. But science isn't about telling stories, it's about testing them (in science we prefer the term hypothesis testing).

The simplicity of how Y chromosome and mitochondrial DNA are inherited is part of their appeal in ancestry testing: you don't have to worry about that inconvenient doubling of your ancestors with each generation back in time. You only have one father, one father's father, etc.

But the price of that simplicity is irrelevance: those two lineages represent a rapidly diminishing fraction of your ancestry the further back in time you go. It may be the case that your mitochondrial DNA lineage came to Britain with the Vikings – although that would be extremely difficult to demonstrate scientifically – but if true, this would still say very little about your origins.

There are some situations where Y chromosome or mitochondrial DNA information can be useful. It is, for example, reasonable to use large samples of these DNA types to say something about the histories of populations, if analyses are performed carefully and at the population level. Also, if genealogical research (parish records, surnames, etc.) suggests that two men share a common male line ancestor in the 16th century, the Y chromosome could be used to support or reject this claim. But individual Y chromosome or mitochondrial DNA types provide no more than the vaguest hint about where their ancestors lived hundreds, or thousands of years ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2013/feb/25/viking-ancestors-astrology
yes! im native, and do you how many ppl tell me they have indian ancestry? and some claim princess stories. we never had royalty in native tribes...lol

shaganja

shaganja

Ricky AKA OldFamillyRed is the only one IMO that came with both argument and evidence.
Meaning, not only he had a story to tell, but also he had the clone to back his claim, and that since 1992

Anyone that had smoke or grow real TK and 2000's OG, knows they are related somehow. Experienced OG heads, that have grown TK will swear she could be the OG mom.

So here is the TK story according to Big Ricky, who's running the cut since 1992. he was in link with older guys that bred the TK. In Florida back in the mid to late 80's, Gainsvillle University was a MJ capital. Lot of peeps here know that.

3 strains were always available, I can't remember the names right now, I think it was catpiss, mapleleaf and something else... anyways.... Those guys wanted the top, the one strain that bring top dollars. So they decided to breed the strain they needed. So the TK was born, after they bred Lemon Thai to Hindu Kush, selected a top female and cross it to PTK, but Big Ricky wasn't sure if it really was PTK.

UNITED u right bro, this cut this Josh dude selected out of his seeds, could be TK related.
If u really follow the story u find out that most likely any OG from after 2004 are already s4… But still fucking dank.
what is ptk?

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Yeah, so what is the ptk?

So lemon thai x hindu kush = mother of the tk.

That crossed with a Male ptk?

P

Pinamark83

If anyone dought's Frank Gegax there not up on there facts. I was Franks first cell ee. Dude is as soil as a rock
Two of Frank Gegax's daughters just came on The Adam Dunn Show and confirmed Dave's story. He got the seeds from them, who got the seeds from their father. Same with the stories about their father. They also called out Todd McCormick for being a liar with no real proof about Dave being a snitch. They also apparently never told Todd that Dave was a liar, which is what Todd has been saying this entire time. Dave's story is 90% true, end of story.

Top Bottom