The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

ya i just always wondered why we have gainsville green & other but if it was that over the top good you should have tons of people that remember the t.k. if it was moving all over the state in the 90's.

& my buddies dads neighbor who's 71 still growing in central florida never heard of it.

V

VEGBLOOMWSUP

I've heard the story from ghost himself as well as orgnkid on their history of OG.

here is the thing all the young people or these guys forget to mention. back in 1993 a woman and her husband opened a collective off decker road in off the ventura highway. this was before any 96' medicinal and was referral based. they had over 20 strains at certain points, but the one that always stood out they just called malibu kush. I know ***** on a personal level and she got the plant for an outdoor season in 92 from another farmer in visalia, and kept it since then. I still to this day have the cut, as well as the people i have passed it to. to the best of her knowledge it was an afghan landrace strain, and was never told it was a cross.

i still speak with ghost on a regular basis /and for the record he grows the hells angels cut, lol, after all this time he thinks its the best/. i'll reach out to him and see if he'll come here to spread what he knows. the cut that was given to ghost WAS the same cut of orgnkids. regardless of his being an s1 or not, he didnt get pissed about a seed company he got upset because ghost gave him 500$ a cut, but was giving to other people for free and spreading it out. so he told ghost and the community it was an s1 of his plant anyways, which was the lie. i still have all of this in emails and proof from these people themselves, but obviously the nature of the game would never make me put these for the public to see.

V

VEGBLOOMWSUP

and for the record TK may be the real deal but i have yet to see someone with the real deal. ricky's looks like the closest clone s1 to the cut i have but it is not the same, therefore i do not believe that TK was a root of the tree, more of a branch.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Who ever, or however, thank you for this incredible strain. Anybody else refer to it as Hasan before?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I've heard the story from ghost himself as well as orgnkid on their history of OG.

here is the thing all the young people or these guys forget to mention. back in 1993 a woman and her husband opened a collective off decker road in off the ventura highway. this was before any 96' medicinal and was referral based. they had over 20 strains at certain points, but the one that always stood out they just called malibu kush. I know ***** on a personal level and she got the plant for an outdoor season in 92 from another farmer in visalia, and kept it since then. I still to this day have the cut, as well as the people i have passed it to. to the best of her knowledge it was an afghan landrace strain, and was never told it was a cross.

i still speak with ghost on a regular basis /and for the record he grows the hells angels cut, lol, after all this time he thinks its the best/. i'll reach out to him and see if he'll come here to spread what he knows. the cut that was given to ghost WAS the same cut of orgnkids. regardless of his being an s1 or not, he didnt get pissed about a seed company he got upset because ghost gave him 500$ a cut, but was giving to other people for free and spreading it out. so he told ghost and the community it was an s1 of his plant anyways, which was the lie. i still have all of this in emails and proof from these people themselves, but obviously the nature of the game would never make me put these for the public to see.

He post all that info at another site.

I was kinda on a bit of a mission in two ways when Orgnkids and my path crossed at Cbay. I remember my emailing him and saying we should stop bidding against one another and who ever bids first, gets the seeds. It worked for us and after a little while, he asked me if I might be interested in the Ogers Kush clone for a grand. I gladly accepted and grew it out, he also included his version of Bubba Kush, the yielding pheno and same as the Katsu cut. At that same time, he began sending seeds to Seedbay and was lol to me about them being bunk seeds and people were bidding hundreds of dollars for them. Remember, everyone was ragging on him about his bragging. Hell of it is....he was right. Anyway...I had but only $700 in cash to send him at that moment and that's what I sent him. He was pissed about it and I said it would be a bit before I had the rest. He ranted and said he was gonna come and get me and I invited him here even...said I shoot first and never ask questions. After a few nasty emails, I told him he got what he deserved after ripping off the good people from Heavens Stairway like he did. That's the story of how I got the clone.

It was always called Ogers Kush until I came back in '06 after about a year long hiatus from when RC got popped. When I returned and came here, it was then being called the Ghost cut. Who named it, I don't know. I did get my wish from early on though and now have a strain carrying my user name.

V

VEGBLOOMWSUP

91 malibu pure kush AKA Socal Pure Kush, Hollywood Pure Kush, Topanga Canyon etc ... Is that the cut u are taking about @VEGBLOOMWSUP ?
maybe i dont know. ive been trying to post pix but it says error everytime it gets to 100%. earthy no lemon pods out golf balls decent stretch

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
this is the Hollywood PK I grew. wasnt the best yield in soil.
PK plant shot
Pk 4

SpiderK

SpiderK

lol. bro you crack me up.

its cool. i grew up in chitown, the city that works and believe half of what u see and nothing what u hear .....

just saying, we have one person who has come online telling the birth date but nothing more. tahoe, n.l, cookies, gdp ect ..... willies if peeps try it or have access the great leave an impression on ya'. so something like the only og in town would leave a foot print from 92' - 2000 as the only og .....

and it might be the best og of the early greats but i gotta question the lack of attention or it should have drawn interest from peeps who visited then smoked or even high times. i would assume a pot snob after smoking would have spread the love or created a buzz but calling a spade a spade we have t.k coming online in the 2000's after the clone hype had started online and in cali .....

Last edited:
Puffntuff

Puffntuff

Is this a correct time line?
OG kush 95-96ish?
Bubba Kush 97-98
Tahoe 97-98
TK ?
Pure Kush?
What others?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
its cool. i grew up in chitown, the city that works and believe half of what u see and nothing what u hear .....

just saying, we have one person who has come online telling the birth date but nothing more. tahoe, n.l, cookies, gdp ect ..... willies if peeps try it or have access the great leave an impression on ya'. so something like the only og in town would leave a foot print from 92' - 2000 as the only og .....

and it might be the best og of the early greats but i gotta question the lack of attention or it should have drawn interest from peeps who visited then smoked or even high times. i would assume a pot snob after smoking would have spread the love or created a buzz but calling a spade a spade we have t.k coming online in the 2000's after the clone hype had started online and in cali .....

I laughed not out of disrespect but at the fact of someone whos 3 parties removed from you who never heard of a certain cut as proof or something. . sorry I just found that funny.

I respect your ability to stay focused and dig through old posts and copy and paste them. I sure dont have the time for that. all I can offer is my opinion from my own experience in a state I live in. I get the impression you kinda have a hard on to disprove something and or someone. which is your right to do so. but other than pure speculation and some copy and paste jobs it hasnt brought us any closer to knowing anything or really changed my opinion. not sure about others.

All I can do is trust what Ive been told by ricky and krome and compare that to what Ive heard from others in their circle that dont do online. That and as I said before base that info off my experience from growing it along side other known cuts of OG. I asked you twice before if you have ran her and never got an answer. Im gonna assume you havent. which is a shame cause I wish you could compare it to other cuts like I have. maybe one day.

Tapping out as Ive said all I can. which doesnt change shit lol.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

I'll be honest, I am as interested as the next one of you who wants to know the story. The reality is there are many and more that have been and are "wood shedding" breeders. Some that have been practicing and are the current agents of the legends we are currently seeing in this era. Lets not get too caught up in these peeps who claim knowledge. Information is not knowledge. Saying I know dude who bought #'s and found and popped this seed from bag z, means what? The fact is, there are people who have been growing, producing top grade herb for a time and they will never access the net or a forum to claim fame or otherwise.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

You guys should chk out SunShine State Seeds on FB.. They are doin a huge seed drop this week... alot of the same strains that you guys are talkin about are still alive & clone only... but the crippie & triangle are gettin bx as we speak. alot of the FL strains are makin their way around
Brings up a great point....if the plant that started the OG rep is from early 90's possibly late eighties would it not be so worked by said master OG supplier in question.....that it would be available to the masses in reg seed form and not watered down but evolved up.....I did a test grow for @Uprising SeedCo for a three way Og cross and it was phenomenal, I'm know expert but the experts I know were impressed and responding with very specific and interesting questions.....but uprising seed co. Dissappeared

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/uprising-og-tlo.52109/

Top Bottom