The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

& no things did not just get real.

look at all the og kush in this thread that came from many corners of cali and other states .....

after green merchant, explain how this cut could have come from fla. then got in so many hands soon after. someone running massive amounts underground would not be trading cuts, breeding. & one of the originals tahoe ..... this og kush passed up through that area from it's florida trip ???? or the cuts up in northern cali .... this florida cut crept on the down low all around cali in a short amount of time ......

why the fuck would you risk security in the 90's. so this cut was released when they had the entire market cornered, they were selling for profit ????? out of love of the community..... love like the hoarding like most breeders and collectors of today ? or like peeps who know better sitting behind hidden names not telling the truth in this thread and many subjects .... love like this ? ........no, no just another bed time story. no history tells us peeps sit on good cuts for a few years without passing it.

...... lol'....... next. many of the og kush of today come from oregon kids s1 drop and peeps just making up history after that.

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Talented Growers have a hard time with humility and breeders sometime aren't aware of there tone....I think most are convinced and have some right to be after all the blood sweat and tears, that's why the humble ones are so few and far between, humble=special!!!
I like the moments I realize I am not ^^^^^ that special at all
That's as humble as I've come which I will not define myself as humble but I can identify it

oahno

oahno

& no things did not just get real.

look at all the og kush in this thread that came from many corners of cali and other states .....

after green merchant, explain how this cut could have come from fla. then got in so many hands soon after. someone running massive amounts underground would not be trading cuts, breeding. & one of the originals tahoe ..... this og kush passed up through that area from it's florida trip ???? or the cuts up in northern cali .... this florida cut crept on the down low all around cali in a short amount of time ......

why the fuck would you risk security in the 90's. so this cut was released when they had the entire market cornered, they were selling for profit ????? out of love of the community..... love like the hoarding like most breeders and collectors of today ? or like peeps who know better sitting behind hidden names not telling the truth in this thread and many subjects .... love like this ? ........no, no just another bed time story. no history tells us peeps sit on good cuts for a few years without passing it.

...... lol'....... next. many of the og kush of today come from oregon kids s1 drop and peeps just making up history after that.

ya nothing like people who weren't there and have no idea what they're talking about just making up history......

here's some facts for you which i'm sure you will ignore and somehow mention oregonkid as some kind of disproof or something.

chemdog found chemdogs sister, chemdog 4, chemdog 91 & chemdog d from dogbud in 1991. you will likely now say "he found 12 elite cuts in one bag ya right"..... no, he found different versions of chemdog. and anyone who's smoked the different cuts can tell they're all very closely related.

og kush was also verified to have come from dogbud in the early 90s in florida, verified by chemdog and several as it being the same circle who sold him the weed. it was likely a variation of the strains the gegax crew were working on. anyone who's smoked both chemdog and og kush can tell you the similarities in highs. and in 1991 there was nothing else like it. hell there isn't anything else like it really to this day. despite all the pictures you post of plants that have nothing to do with the og line.

now as for your achilles heal mr. oregonkid. he was verified to have given the same cut to ghost, by ghost (also a liar in your book i'm sure). and was also verified to give the same cut to the tahoe crew (also verified by the tahoe crew, more liars in your book i'm sure). but now's your opportunity to post some random lie or misinformation he told in 2004, disproving about a dozen other parties accounts of what happened in 1991-1998 right?

Last edited:
B

B1GWYRM

I'm pretty sure the story goes that chem 1-4 were the seeds that were given back to pbud/chemfather back in Colorado . Sprouted in like in the mid 2000's

M

mrtokez2

ya nothing like people who weren't there and have no idea what they're talking about just making up history......

here's some facts for you which i'm sure you will ignore and somehow mention oregonkid as some kind of disproof or something.

chemdog found chemdogs sister, chemdog 4, chemdog 91 & chemdog d from dogbud in 1991. you will likely now say "he found 12 elite cuts in one bag ya right"..... no, he found different versions of chemdog. and anyone who's smoked the different cuts can tell they're all very closely related.

og kush was also verified to have come from dogbud in the early 90s in florida, verified by chemdog and several as it being the same circle who sold him the weed. it was likely a variation of the strains the gegax crew were working on. anyone who's smoked both chemdog and og kush can tell you the similarities in highs. and in 1991 there was nothing else like it. hell there isn't anything else like it really to this day. despite all the pictures you post of plants that have nothing to do with the og line.

now as for your achilles heal mr. oregonkid. he was verified to have given the same cut to ghost, by ghost (also a liar in your book i'm sure). and was also verified to give the same cut to the tahoe crew (also verified by the tahoe crew, more liars in your book i'm sure). but now's your opportunity to post some random lie or misinformation he told in 2004, disproving about a dozen other parties accounts of what happened in 1991-1998 right?

Again there you go throwing around the word "verified" and denouncing everything other people say..using some hearsay as your evidence. None of anything you claim has been verified. Burden of proof is on the people making the claim but you just take their word as gospel. Lemme ask you where exactly were you when this og development was going down? Were you even in the game? In LA? Florida? Did you know chemdog? The Tahoe crew? Lol at anything verified in 91. Please.

oahno

oahno

you can throw logical fallacies around it doesnt really change the information ive presented. i meant more confirmed than verified i guess. the stories lining up is pretty easy detective work. confirmed by people much more credible than you.

what hard evidence or testimony is anyone else actually presenting pre-1996? and if you're calling chemdog a liar your bs detector is busted.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

@oahno what you're saying may be correct, nobody here is saying you're completely wrong. None of us are completely wrong or right. Let's stop the back-and-forth bickering and agree that we all love OG Kush :)

And we all have a passion for its history. Let's just leave it at that. :)

M

mrtokez2

you can throw logical fallacies around it doesnt really change the information ive presented. i meant more confirmed than verified i guess. the stories lining up is pretty easy detective work. confirmed by people much more credible than you.

what hard evidence or testimony is anyone else actually presenting pre-1996? and if you're calling chemdog a liar your bs detector is busted.

More credible than me? Says who? You? Lol you still haven't answered my questions. And my evidence is my own real world experience here in LA where we put og on the map..not some shit i read on the internet by some fools who claim this and that. All the real pioneers of the og game are locked up. Experiences way before this internet bullshit was even around. If og was so readily available elsewhere other than LA then why was everybody and their mamas picking that shit up for 6-8 a pizzo? you clearly don't understand the concepts of fallacies because you choose to ignore them. Believing a story because they "add up" isn't considered detective work by anyone becaus it would be...wait for it..fallacious. But that don't matter to u I guess. You'd make a pretty terrible lawyer. Your info may be right. Nobody will ever know. But I for one know what was going down on this side of the hood because I was there.

oahno

oahno

More credible than me? Says who? You? Lol you still haven't answered my questions. And my evidence is my own real world experience here in LA where we put og on the map..not some shit i read on the internet by some fools who claim this and that. All the real pioneers of the og game are locked up. Experiences way before this internet bullshit was even around. If og was so readily available elsewhere other than LA then why was everybody and their mamas picking that shit up for 6-8 a pizzo? you clearly don't understand the concepts of fallacies because you choose to ignore them. Believing a story because they "add up" isn't considered detective work by anyone becaus it would be...wait for it..fallacious. But that don't matter to u I guess. You'd make a pretty terrible lawyer. Your info may be right. Nobody will ever know. But I for one know what was going down on this side of the hood because I was there.

you don't even know where og originally came from, who bred it, or how it got to la. are you saying it didn't come from florida...and todd is also a liar. gimme a break.

and that is actually exactly what detective work is lol. interviewing people and following leads, drawing conclusions based on those interviews and leads. chemdog, bubba, ghost, todd, dave, etc are the players, and i'll believe their stories over yours (which is essentially OG came from LA which is insanely ridiculous).

true grit

true grit

I could see some original "og kushes" coming from florida. Def a trade route. But lets be real- it was probably just beans from folks like Neville doing work. Not sure i would give gegax all the credit, as I know Ortega and Neville and sure other breeders were working kush projects early-mid 80's. The folks stateside were taking the work being done in Cali in late 70's (sativas from long growing seasons...and prob Hawaii as well...could enter in BOEL here) and working in other landraces i.e. affy's. Who knows...but have heard the kush lines that were present in the late 80's were throwing OG phenos already...

B

bigwavedave

no disrespect @oahno, but nobody knows where you are or where you grew up as you haven't commented on that. nobody knows what you've done because you haven't commented on that. nobody knows anything about your "experience" in the game besides the fact that you've trolled the internet and listened to radio shows and have declared yourself the OG INVESTIGATOR. thats great. we need people to read over the stories of what we have actually done. unfortunately for you and all the other people who are not actively contributing but are just here to read and relay undocumented theory, there is no answer to the question WHERE DID OG KUSH COME FROM. there is going to be nothing but opinions as none of this type of thing can be proven in any way. there is not some dude sitting in a grow room somewhere who is going to come forward with a tissue sample that proves that this particular plant is thee ORIGINAL OG KUSH and this is the plant that ALLLLL the other og's came from etc. not going to happen. florida, tahoe, gegax, richards, orgnkid blah blah blah blah. its a fucking plant, somebody either purposely bred it and if thats the case we will never know, or someone found a seed in a bag and planted it, and if thats the case, we will never know. anybody is capable of coming out with a story especially given the fact that the subject is one that can't be actually proven to exist in one way or another.

the florida people.....why do i not read any accounts of a florida guy who was smoking in the 90's IN FLORIDA coming to LA, picking up our OG KUSH, smoking it and then saying OH WOW THIS IS THE EXACT SAME THING I WAS SMOKING 15 YEARS AGO IN FLORIDA BUT WE USED TO CALL IT KRYPTONITE KRIPPY KRYPTO?? I hear people say its similar, i hear people talk about ricky and the tk, but i have not come across anybody's personal testimony, not heresy, that suggests that florida had an exclusive strain that was determined to be exactly the same thing that we call og. and if you smoke og and have any sort of palate, you can go wherever you want in the world, and when a bit of the og comes out, you will recognize it instantly. so who in florida smoked the krypton and then came to LA and smoked some OG and said it was the same thing? i would love to read about that in particular.

M

mrtokez2

no disrespect @oahno, but nobody knows where you are or where you grew up as you haven't commented on that. nobody knows what you've done because you haven't commented on that. nobody knows anything about your "experience" in the game besides the fact that you've trolled the internet and listened to radio shows and have declared yourself the OG INVESTIGATOR. thats great. we need people to read over the stories of what we have actually done. unfortunately for you and all the other people who are not actively contributing but are just here to read and relay undocumented theory, there is no answer to the question WHERE DID OG KUSH COME FROM. there is going to be nothing but opinions as none of this type of thing can be proven in any way. there is not some dude sitting in a grow room somewhere who is going to come forward with a tissue sample that proves that this particular plant is thee ORIGINAL OG KUSH and this is the plant that ALLLLL the other og's came from etc. not going to happen. florida, tahoe, gegax, richards, orgnkid blah blah blah blah. its a fucking plant, somebody either purposely bred it and if thats the case we will never know, or someone found a seed in a bag and planted it, and if thats the case, we will never know. anybody is capable of coming out with a story especially given the fact that the subject is one that can't be actually proven to exist in one way or another.

the florida people.....why do i not read any accounts of a florida guy who was smoking in the 90's IN FLORIDA coming to LA, picking up our OG KUSH, smoking it and then saying OH WOW THIS IS THE EXACT SAME THING I WAS SMOKING 15 YEARS AGO IN FLORIDA BUT WE USED TO CALL IT KRYPTONITE KRIPPY KRYPTO?? I hear people say its similar, i hear people talk about ricky and the tk, but i have not come across anybody's personal testimony, not heresy, that suggests that florida had an exclusive strain that was determined to be exactly the same thing that we call og. and if you smoke og and have any sort of palate, you can go wherever you want in the world, and when a bit of the og comes out, you will recognize it instantly. so who in florida smoked the krypton and then came to LA and smoked some OG and said it was the same thing? i would love to read about that in particular.

Exactly which goes back to one of my earlier questions..if that shit was around in fla why the hell would anybody pick up bomb og from LA for those insane prices? Makes no sense. And for og to come from LA is insanely ridiculous? Again you have no credentials and just act like you a somebody on this game. I'd say there's a great chance it came from LA. Id even go as far to say that as far as actual evidence is concerned..LA is the most likeliest to be the originator. But I'm done with all these omniscient new booties who think they can tell the world wassup after they read a little bit of "history" on the internet. Acting like orgnkid coming into the scene is the beginning of time for all things og lol..I also think its super cute how all this evidence just happens to be from online entities. I guess the online grower community is the only one that matters huh? Like I said before all the real time heads were doing this shit way before internet so for you to believe their words without regard for the experiences of people WHO WERE ACTUALLY THERE is amusing to me. Go on..keep claiming all of us are wrong and that your info is rock solid.

Last edited:
A

A-Roe

being from the N. Fla region I can honestly say I never heard of OG Kush until about 2k and Chems about 06, Crippy came round alot then it slowly faded away. The shit that I've know as Crippy ( and not just used as a general name as it was) was hazey like, but Sour D was in the area forever then it just disappeared, this was long before I started growing and you had to know someone who knew someone to get anything besides Light Green Mid with hardly any seeds in L's for 2200 or Hydro at $400/oz that didnt smoke harder than the mid.

oahno

oahno

I could see some original "og kushes" coming from florida. Def a trade route. But lets be real- it was probably just beans from folks like Neville doing work. Not sure i would give gegax all the credit, as I know Ortega and Neville and sure other breeders were working kush projects early-mid 80's. The folks stateside were taking the work being done in Cali in late 70's (sativas from long growing seasons...and prob Hawaii as well...could enter in BOEL here) and working in other landraces i.e. affy's. Who knows...but have heard the kush lines that were present in the late 80's were throwing OG phenos already...

I believe Neville has stated he thinks OG is just a random skunk #1. His genetics could definitely be a part of it from the 80s. PNW was on point in the 70s but Neville definitely took their work and refined it imo so anything is possible. Not saying the Gegax crew definitely made it but it does lead to them through chemdog and folks to the dogbud it seems like. There weren't a ton of different strains refined at the time so multiple people def could've stumbled upon similar product. skunk x thai x afghani or whatever it is.

Top Bottom