The lab of jaws!!

• Thread starter JAWS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
JAWS

JAWS

ok so i'm just at a loss for words really, it's looking like at least one of my ALIEN DIESEL's is a herm and will get pitched in a day or two.

AD #1
1 16 herm

this is the THIRD strain iv'e ran from alien genetics and its the third time iv'e got herm plant's, now back when i grew the STARFIGHTER f1 i had 5 seeds two females two males and one herm. at that time i took the blame for the herm seeing the others were all solid, but now with the SOUR PEBBLE fem and now the ALIEN DIESEL fem both throwing herm's i'm just scratching my head for-sure.

the second ALIEN DIESEL is still looking good but were still very early on in flower so i'm watching her very closely.

the fpog f1 cereal cut i have that i love so much was given to me as a clone so i have no idea how it did being ran from seed.

a little better news this morning as well.
X fpog f2 5
X fpog f2 6
X fpog f2 7
X fpog f2 8

day 46 for this girl and i'm not all that interested in the bud from her this round i'm after the seeds for-sure though. she in a bottle so she dries fairly quick and i imagine i can water two more time as well as feed once more before we start the full flush. cut day 65 me think's.

again no info being given on this piece at this time, not wanting to put any pressure on my self with this one i just want a full run with a really healthy mature female who's going to be giving me some nice strong mature seeds at harvest time.

thank you:snaphappy::):snaphappy:

JAWS

JAWS

CHERRY PIE CARGO

fem
1 14
1 11
1 12
1 13

36 days in, this is another PIE HYBRID in fem form. this is the one i spoke to in the above post and the one which threw a few balls early on but no sign of any in the last couple of week's. this is not something i'm going to release nor something i'm going to breed with but seeing she seems clean now i'm going to run her and see how she does. i took a cut early on but i don't think it rooted for me, i'll have to check the closet group to see if it's gone or still hanging around in there some where.

peace:)

JAWS

JAWS

been doing some thinking and back paging and i believe i have found out what the problems are with some of my strains and the herm issue.

from what i have found is most of the few reg strains that i made that are showing signs of herm were all from the same run mid last year, if some will remember i had a POWDER MILDEW problem that was and got pretty bad and was mainly in the breed tent. i took step to kill the PM at that time and seeing i did not care about the bud on the plants only the seeds.

i don't think there was ANYTHING wrong with the mother of father of the strains i used at that time but the problem solely rested in the health of the mother caring the seed's, under all the stress of the PM attck i believe is what caused the seeds to turn hermi.

can i prove this no not really but it's the only thing that makes any sense at all, i made the RASPBERRY COOKIES in that round and i got herm at 3 1/2 weeks and my tester got herm at 4 1/2 weeks. the tester said his was a slight herm issue not a blow out with nut cluster so he just picked them off when they popped up and went ahead and finished his grow of them. i how ever did not i just killed all the ones that i had going and i don't think i even waiting to see if all of them were going to hermi. there is a little bit more on the rasp cookie front but i'm not going to talk about that right now.

so what i have learned even more so then EVER before is how important it is to have and keep a very strong healthy female plant all the way through as she is housing new seeds. this round so far all my breed females are looking pretty awesome, and this round i WILL NOT trade out the plants in closet for the plants in the 4x4. my breed plants will stay in the 4x4 under the 400w mh until harvest.

i remember the shape my plants were in while going through the PM issues and i'm pretty sure that was solely the problem, right now i have a couple of GSC BX/f2 that came off the GSC BX1 plants which were the hardest hit my the PM so i'll be keeping a close eye on those two as we move into 12/12 in about 6 weeks. the GSC BX1 looked and smelled awesome back then so i really really hope the GSC BX1/F2 are going to be solid for me.

peace:writing:

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

been doing some thinking and back paging and i believe i have found out what the problems are with some of my strains and the herm issue.

from what i have found is most of the few reg strains that i made that are showing signs of herm were all from the same run mid last year, if some will remember i had a POWDER MILDEW problem that was and got pretty bad and was mainly in the breed tent. i took step to kill the PM at that time and seeing i did not care about the bud on the plants only the seeds.

i don't think there was ANYTHING wrong with the mother of father of the strains i used at that time but the problem solely rested in the health of the mother caring the seed's, under all the stress of the PM attck i believe is what caused the seeds to turn hermi.

can i prove this no not really but it's the only thing that makes any sense at all, i made the RASPBERRY COOKIES in that round and i got herm at 3 1/2 weeks and my tester got herm at 4 1/2 weeks. the tester said his was a slight herm issue not a blow out with nut cluster so he just picked them off when they popped up and went ahead and finished his grow of them. i how ever did not i just killed all the ones that i had going and i don't think i even waiting to see if all of them were going to hermi. there is a little bit more on the rasp cookie front but i'm not going to talk about that right now.

so what i have learned even more so then EVER before is how important it is to have and keep a very strong healthy female plant all the way through as she is housing new seeds. this round so far all my breed females are looking pretty awesome, and this round i WILL NOT trade out the plants in closet for the plants in the 4x4. my breed plants will stay in the 4x4 under the 400w mh until harvest.

i remember the shape my plants were in while going through the PM issues and i'm pretty sure that was solely the problem, right now i have a couple of GSC BX/f2 that came off the GSC BX1 plants which were the hardest hit my the PM so i'll be keeping a close eye on those two as we move into 12/12 in about 6 weeks. the GSC BX1 looked and smelled awesome back then so i really really hope the GSC BX1/F2 are going to be solid for me.

peace:writing:
Great observation bro, this is the type of honesty & integrity that makes a great breeder IMO. ;)

JAWS

JAWS

Great observation bro, this is the type of honesty & integrity that makes a great breeder IMO. ;)

ya brother i'm not out to screw any one just trying to make the best seeds i can but sometimes things don't go as planned, and if that happens honesty is the best path to follow for-sure.

been making seeds sense early 2004 and have never really had any herm issues up until here lately and the fem projects i did is where it started so i no longer mess around in that area.

thank you:)

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

not sure just yet i need to see how this one does first, i have not had the best of luck with any of my CHERRY PIE pieces. have hopes for this one and if it's solid i'll be making fresh f2 seeds for-sure. i no longer have the cut so no more new STRAIGHT pieces from her from me.

i have a pretty good size CHERRY CARGO fem plant and she's doing great right now but early on i did pull a stray ball here-n-there but have not seen any more in a couple weeks so i'm pushing her forward. i only had may be 40 of these so there will no release and seeing she put out a couple ball's i wont be doing ANY breeding with her in the future ether.

going to step away from the cookies---cherry pie---fpog for a bit i have a SKUNK project i want to get started for this fall/winter, i already have the next batch vegging in the closet but once they go to the bigger tents i'll start popping skunk seeds and see what we can fine for a skunk hunt later this year.

SKUNK 91 F-2-------SILAS
DOUBLE SKUNK---REFFERMAN
SPIKES EARLY OREGON SKUNK

should be a fun hunt indeed, i have several other skunk{s} and skunk hybrids but i can only pop so many seeds at a time. i will continue to gather skunk{s} and skunk hybrid though.

Bummer on the pie but stability trumps herms. Herms suck big time, especially in a bigger grow where one cant pick all the random balls thrown. Thanx for the honesty, you took the right path on moving on in the work.

Onto the skunks! How many of each are you popping to do the search?

JAWS

JAWS

Bummer on the pie but stability trumps herms. Herms suck big time, especially in a bigger grow where one cant pick all the random balls thrown. Thanx for the honesty, you took the right path on moving on in the work.

Onto the skunks! How many of each are you popping to do the search?

good question and i'm going to use what stock i have of each i grow out some 10 some only 5, i know that's not much to look through but i only got what i got. i took what i was offered when they were offered by who they were offered by.

we shall see;)

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Here is a random pic just for a friend.
July 5 2014 27

Positive Vibes to the Jaws Man

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Yes It is a very reliable form all types of media. best in hydro but Very good supplemental for soil too
all ya gotta do is add it to your reg watering weather earth or H2O
just start w small doses.
I was 1.8 grams per gall at 5.5 ph coco.
fly J

JAWS

JAWS

Yes It is a very reliable form all types of media. best in hydro but Very good supplemental for soil too
all ya gotta do is add it to your reg watering weather earth or H2O
just start w small doses.
I was 1.8 grams per gall at 5.5 ph coco.
fly J

awesome!!!!

thank you:)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
CHERRY PIE CARGO

fem
View attachment 420488 View attachment 420489 View attachment 420490 View attachment 420491
36 days in, this is another PIE HYBRID in fem form. this is the one i spoke to in the above post and the one which threw a few balls early on but no sign of any in the last couple of week's. this is not something i'm going to release nor something i'm going to breed with but seeing she seems clean now i'm going to run her and see how she does. i took a cut early on but i don't think it rooted for me, i'll have to check the closet group to see if it's gone or still hanging around in there some where.

Your killing it with the photos Sharky !:snaphappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom