• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
been a bit scrabbled today over this whole issue with the banana kush and now also with the banana pie's, iv'e been looking at pics the last couple of hours and i'm noticing that i in fact used the sativa dom banana kush f8 to make the banana pie f1 and i used both indica and sativa males on the sativa dom females in this last round to make the banana pie f2. i'm checking now to see if i used a sat or indy male from the f8 on the male side.

banana kush f8 the original male used to make the banana pie f1 which in turn was a sativa female.
View attachment 459733 View attachment 459734
those blades look far more sat then indy for-sure.

humm fun fun;)

That male looks fantastic Jaws!!!! I sure hate to see ya warp your brain over this ;) You will fiqure it out u always do .....M

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

I don't think of indica or sativa as being phenotypes. Fat or skinny leaf structure is only one trait a plant expresses. If you grow out 20 plants, 10 may have fat leaves but are the buds the same growth structure, flavor and resin production, do they finish at the same time, are the plants uniform, etc.... A phenotype is an expression of many traits.....no? So an IBL to me has a slightly different meaning. I inbreed to get the traits I like, not the traits closest to the original mother. And yes, I think even at F10, you will still have a handful of phenotypes. Not sure it's possible to end up with one pheno, considering plants express different genes under varying conditions and within a stabilized genotype, there are several dominant traits fighting to express themselves.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Maybe your geo location x your nute schedule x your lights x your style is helping express the sativa side of your phenos?

And I thought I saw somewhere in a DJ Shorts article that you start to get less stable after f4 for some reason. Idk. I'm just a pheno hunter. Looks like dank all the same. Peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

@JAWS yeah budd @MtGrownCanna is right on. Ibl wil show 2-4 phenotypic variation. Whine maintaining one or two chemeotypes The importance will be of course in the flower, gland production, flavor and aroma, effect. The thin leaf, and fat leaf are not indicators per se of growth habit.

Keep up the good work homes

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Jaws its been awhile back but we talked about over pollination? perhaps in to small of a inclosed area the ladys could get over pollinated ...Would this cause the seeds that were harvested not to pop ? Thanks bud M

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Hey Sharky...Hope everythings alright ....and you have a Happy Thanksgiving !!!! M

JAWS

JAWS

Jaws its been awhile back but we talked about over pollination? perhaps in to small of a inclosed area the ladys could get over pollinated ...Would this cause the seeds that were harvested not to pop ? Thanks bud M

no not really if the seeds are not mature they could just not pop for you, but if there looking like good solid seeds and just wont pop then ya no that's not from an over pollination. overly hard husk would be my best guess.

the only thing an over pollination will cause is a lower % or viable usable seeds and should not have anything to do with mature looking seeds not popping.

peace:)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Took a little holiday sharky ? was starting to worry about you ..! Glad your back ...M

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Nice to know its not over pollination ...I got very few white seeds ..and that was the concern ...my luck get the Hercules shell .. new moto No Shell to Tough ... hope u had a good holiday .. M

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

shit... that might need a thread... a sprouted seed tea is similar to how barley is used in beer making... the basic idea is to first remove the growth inhibitors in a seed coat by soaking them for 1 day. I aerate heavily while I do them and leave them completely underwater for their entire lives, tossing day 1's soak, and using day 2 & 3's as foliars... but this is uncommon. The seeds generally are laid flat on cloth in a pie tin and kept moist till sprouted to 1/4 inch. At this point they give off many growth enzymes and hormones... they are then soaked for a day and either strained or puree'd and the water containing the growth hormones and enzymes is used as a foliar. It is solely about enzymes and hormones... this has absolute 0 for N-P-K et.al... you can use it multiple times daily without risks of burning or other adverse effects... those growth enzymes and hormones are why I suggest this in cracking difficult seed.

SourDank

SourDank

Bump...could use an update from the lab, always love seeing what new fire is brewing up in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom