The next grow and others.

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wildill

Wildill

Thank you @Wildill, I hope your move is going smoothly. :)
Every good great I can't wait to get going again. The ladies look great nice and healthy I really have my eye on the playboy hybrid I have not had chance to run those yet I know theirs some dank phenos to be found in those beans.

Icristal

Icristal

Every good great I can't wait to get going again. The ladies look great nice and healthy I really have my eye on the playboy hybrid I have not had chance to run those yet I know theirs some dank phenos to be found in those beans.
Thanks @Wildill,,glad all is going well. Yea she is awesome, I love her structure. I will be taking a couple of clones from her before flowering. I want to run her a couple of times.
Icristal :)

DC105

DC105

I really like the sound of these! Looks like you are doing a great job too lcristal. Looking forward to nug shots!

Icristal

Icristal

Thanks DC, cloned the Purple Berry x Playboy last night, and up-potted it and the SMS. Those 2 should be going to flower in the next few weeks, depends on if clones take, lol. I do not plan on topping these two at this time. The GSC, she is in training and will go to flower at a later time. All are doing great, after up-potting, veg cabinet is getting crowded. After I take good clones from the reveg lady, she will be put in a dormant stage in the cellar for the rest of the winter. In hopes of reviving the original lady in the spring. If not, I will have clones anyway, lol.

Group shot:
20141025 205353

Hooked up the new 600W in the flower room yesterday, but was disappointed that I can't fire it up. I need a connector to hook light to ballast. My regular store promised me they would have one Monday, we will see. Drove to another store today, as I am anxious to get it fired, but after an hr drive each way, big joke, not open, web said open 10am to 5pm.
20141025 170237

DismalDude

DismalDude

Hooked up the new 600W in the flower room yesterday, but was disappointed that I can't fire it up. I need a connector to hook light to ballast. My regular store promised me they would have one Monday, we will see. Drove to another store today, as I am anxious to get it fired, but after an hr drive each way, big joke, not open, web said open 10am to 5pm.
View attachment 452940
Looking good!I'm interested in seeing how that reveg turns out.2 hours and closed...that had to suck.

Icristal

Icristal

Thank you for stopping in @DismalDude , yea I was disappointed to say the least, lol. But tomorrow is another day and will get what I need for sure. Other stores around, but non like to be open on a Sunday.

The reveg, she is almost ready to take clones, the 1 leaf growth has stopped. Her leaves are settling into regular growth. :)

Icristal

Icristal

I finally have hooked up my new 600w HP cool tube light. Could someone tell me how far from the top of the plant the light should be. Have always used CFL's, and those get pretty close.

The room with cfl's was running between 68 and 70 lights out, with 50%, 75 to 78 degrees with lights on, with 45/48%rh.

With the new light it is running around 80 degrees, with a RH of 45, and the inline fan running at quarter speed, I do love the variable speed attachment for my inline fan, rarely run it above half speed.

DismalDude

DismalDude

For a 600 8 to 10 inches is optimal so I would start there,hold your hand under the light at the height of the plants,if it gets really hot just move it up a few inches.I wouldn't go any farther than a foot though.
Here's a good chart.
LumenperWattHPS

Icristal

Icristal

Took a couple of clones on the reveg lady. There small,,but we will see how they do. Not expecting to see much for awhile, will update if they take and get new shoes. If not try again, have more sites on the lady to get them. lol

Picture does not do them justice.20141029 194610

Clone on far left is 1 of 2 clones of the purple berry x playboy. The mom and the SMS are moving along and still have about 10 inches to go before sending to flower. Interesting plants, both so very different from each other. Big leaves and a slight mutation on a couple leaves on the PBXP, and thin razor leaves on the SMS.

Never having used a 600 watt before, it is interesting watching temps, etc. and adjusting fans. Lights on, max 85degrees, RH 39 steady, inline fan at 1/4 speed, going to 3/4 speed to drop temp. to 80 degrees. I shut inline fan off when lights go out, temps hold at 69/70 degrees, with a RH of 45 to 48. I have been waiting a few days to really look at buds to see the difference from the CFL's.(Moondawg updates tomorrow) And looking forward to adding more to the room to really give this light a run. Thanks to all the farmers, your information has helped me move along and I have gained so much respect for all of you and what you do.

Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

I have decided to put the SMS in the flower room. She is showing strong sativa traits and I do not want to have a 7' tall lady, lol I now have to learn all over again how far and fast the ladies will stretch with the new light, so she is my test lady, lol .

Wildill

Wildill

I have decided to put the SMS in the flower room. She is showing strong sativa traits and I do not want to have a 7' tall lady, lol I now have to learn all over again how far and fast the ladies will stretch with the new light, so she is my test lady, lol .
You made the right decision the SMS will stretch a lot.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Looks like your kickin up your room. What fun. ! Recently purchased a laser heat thermometer. Just aim. Tells u for sure what the ladies heat level is My bloom room was definitely running all over the place depending where fans were hitting. Under 35 $. Harbor freight.

Icristal

Icristal

Looks like your kickin up your room. What fun. ! Recently purchased a laser heat thermometer. Just aim. Tells u for sure what the ladies heat level is My bloom room was definitely running all over the place depending where fans were hitting. Under 35 $. Harbor freight. View attachment 454607
Sounds like a good investment , thanks for the idea, I will look them up thanks. I love it,,,kinda like what us Chef's use if our boss pays for them,,,lol

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I finally have hooked up my new 600w HP cool tube light. Could someone tell me how far from the top of the plant the light should be. Have always used CFL's, and those get pretty close.

The room with cfl's was running between 68 and 70 lights out, with 50%, 75 to 78 degrees with lights on, with 45/48%rh.

With the new light it is running around 80 degrees, with a RH of 45, and the inline fan running at quarter speed, I do love the variable speed attachment for my inline fan, rarely run it above half speed.

You are going to be rocking some SWEET buds @Icristal Diggin the choice...
I have a light tube myself and pull air through it
I have had my plants dang neer Touch the glass without an issue but I like 10 inches away to start with right when I flip to flower and dont let the stretch get too much I keep it at 10-6 inches But I move a lot of air through my tube.....
The chart u have looks like a great starting point...

I added a Carbon filter box to the end of mine finally and I want to add two twin t5 bars to mine next . . . . .

Have fun Icristal.
Super Light Vibes to ya
FlyJ

Icristal

Icristal

You are going to be rocking some SWEET buds @Icristal Diggin the choice...
I have a light tube myself and pull air through it
I have had my plants dang neer Touch the glass without an issue but I like 10 inches away to start with right when I flip to flower and dont let the stretch get too much I keep it at 10-6 inches But I move a lot of air through my tube.....
The chart u have looks like a great starting point...

I added a Carbon filter box to the end of mine finally and I want to add two twin t5 bars to mine next . . . . .

Have fun Icristal. jumbled
Super Light Vibes to ya
FlyJ

Thanks @flying, I am loving this new light and do pull air thru it, amazed at how cool it is, expected it to be hotter. I am working on the height and think I have it where it should be for now. I still have to get used to how small it is compared to the wall to wall CFL (4ft, 4 light) I had in there before, lol Which I might use as a vertical or horizontal hung on wall, depends on wall, lol as extra light in flower room. But want to see what this new ones does first.

The room during the winter month is very easy to control the heat in my flower room,,my house is 200yrs old. So lots of ops for cold air to sneak in, lol, But in the summer, humidity is my enemy here, whole house, lol. Since smell is not an issue here, nobody to care, not worried about a filter at this time, ionizer works great, since inline fan vents most of smell outdoors. I love country living,, lol.

I am so looking forward to these new strains, thanks for the good vibes and looking forward to seeing yours finish as well. I am learning so much growing different strains, I love it.

Best and healthy grows
Icristal haha just medicated having a hard time typing my thoughts, kinda

DC105

DC105

Sounds good lcristal. I would watch the forum cut and not over feed her. She's a light feeder and heavy feeding her will yield less.
The cool tube I would play around with the height to get a good footprint for all ur plants. You could go close with a single plant but as they spread I would adjust to get them equal light. Hey, I know you already know this stuff, it's just a reminder because it's easy to get away from the basics (at least for me) Notyou! ;) Keep doing an awesome job! !

Icristal

Icristal

Sounds good lcristal. I would watch the forum cut and not over feed her. She's a light feeder and heavy feeding her will yield less.
The cool tube I would play around with the height to get a good footprint for all ur plants. You could go close with a single plant but as they spread I would adjust to get them equal light. Hey, I know you already know this stuff, it's just a reminder because it's easy to get away from the basics (at least for me) Notyou! ;) Keep doing an awesome job! !

Thanks for the info DC, it is always appreciated, I did notice shadows when I added ladies, so adjusted their height to match the MoonDawg Height (I put them on Boxes lol) and adjusted the light to fill area, but you are right about getting it over all of them, I have the light about 10 inches above the top of the ladies, and seems to cover all and not hot on them. Room is staying w/lights on now a steady 80 degrees, w/39%RH, and lights off 67degrees and 43%RH, for 2 days now, and 6" inline fan at 1/3 speed, so very happy with this.

It is hard to adjust/seeing a smaller light (but more powerful) after having like I said literally wall to wall light. I will get used to it eventually lol.

And thanks for the heads up on the nutes for the lady, good information to know. :)

@Wildill, I put the Purple Berry x Playboy in to flower last night, can't wait to see what she does. The SMS and the Purple Berry x Playboy are the first ladies I have not topped and sent to flower, going to get interesting.

DC105

DC105

Rockin right on top of things I see. You're an awesome lady with a heart of gold! :)

Top Bottom