the preservation project.......

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Most the really old skool stuff were staiva strains. I`m not talking the 80`s here but the 60`s and early 70`s. Lots of great head smoke going around and it was only $10-15 for a four finger lid back then! The good stuff came in waves as it was brought in boat loads and in between most people got by with brick or someone`s home grown.Some of the home grown was great stuff but most people who sold knew little about it`s genetics.Could have been anything but if it was real good stuff and you asked them they`d just say it was grass! Now days no name is just called bag weed.Could be real good or real bad.I remember smoking the more leify stuff in large tobacco pipes full.Sometimes we`d spike it with hash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckrprWIadI&feature=related

P

primeform

Most the really old skool stuff were staiva strains. I`m not talking the 80`s here but the 60`s and early 70`s. Lots of great head smoke going around and it was only $10-15 for a four finger lid back then! The good stuff came in waves as it was brought in boat loads and in between most people got by with brick or someone`s home grown.Some of the home grown was great stuff but most people who sold knew little about it`s genetics.Could have been anything but if it was real good stuff and you asked them they`d just say it was grass! Now days no name is just called bag weed.Could be real good or real bad.I remember smoking the more leify stuff in large tobacco pipes full.Sometimes we`d spike it with hash.

mark love your posts. makes me wish i was alive back then with you old bastards haha. boat loads of herb thats awsome.

prime

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I miss them days! All the conserts and all the good smoke,free love,and days of hitching rides with no worries about bills! If you guys think LEO is bad now days you should have seen what some of them would do to a long hair back then! Hell even a stem would get you slammed for 10 years behind bars in Cali back then!

TortureKill

TortureKill

HK Ive grown and smoked my share of this Old school ghani your talking about. I know an old head that has been growing this Ghani bud since atleast the 70s. He selected his own line and has a mother plant that is the most wicked potent herb I have ever smoked. Its unreal bro. But Ive grown the oldschool ghani, and I agree with you, it shud be preserved, and seeds should be passed. It blows any of the other affie outta the water. I had a gallon bag of seeds when I first started growing years back, but the seeds have gone non viable since. I know a few of these old heads have seeds stashed in the freeze, and they do regular indoor seed runs. I will be getting a sack of these seeds before spring. Seeds will be plotted outdoors and a seed run is in order :)

Mota, Im stoked for the RED BUD project! Its been years since Ive seen any real RED BUD, and I was just thinking about this line the other day! Stoked to see some of the stuff your working with, and anxious to get my hands on em :) I have my own share of old school and landrace genetics, I was planning to bust out this year, and produced loads of seeds to spread about. Lots of seed runs in my near future. Gonna be a busy year for us! Love and Respect brotha!

Im in Homie.......let me find this old school ghani and mouths are gonna drop! I reminber back in the 80's my sister was saying my seed bank and SSSC , lines werent skunky etc. I was like WTF? Any how......after getting to smoke some of what she knew as skunky.. I understood. She was fortunate enough to have had access to some old school gurilla's, whom were working early ..pre soviet ghani's. These buds were rocks of resin, stinky skunk stank. When smokeing you would blow out BLUE smoke....the smoke would xpand blow your lungs out..tasting incredible...leaveing a smoker in heavenly bliss....saying WOW! I traded for seed...1/2 oz of my od. For 8 seeds of one and some other ghani aswell. These were the best plants Ive grown to date. Held a clone for yrs..went to jail lost it. Have been hunting it since.....one of the growers doesnt have it lost it to inbreeding. There r 2 others I havent crossed paths with..these gentleman are in there 60's.

One hit you would be stoned..2 hits was enough..Im not kidding or stretching any of it. Shiawassee county.

Motarebel

Motarebel

HK Ive grown and smoked my share of this Old school ghani your talking about. I know an old head that has been growing this Ghani bud since atleast the 70s. He selected his own line and has a mother plant that is the most wicked potent herb I have ever smoked. Its unreal bro. But Ive grown the oldschool ghani, and I agree with you, it shud be preserved, and seeds should be passed. It blows any of the other affie outta the water. I had a gallon bag of seeds when I first started growing years back, but the seeds have gone non viable since. I know a few of these old heads have seeds stashed in the freeze, and they do regular indoor seed runs. I will be getting a sack of these seeds before spring. Seeds will be plotted outdoors and a seed run is in order :)

Mota, Im stoked for the RED BUD project! Its been years since Ive seen any real RED BUD, and I was just thinking about this line the other day! Stoked to see some of the stuff your working with, and anxious to get my hands on em :) I have my own share of old school and landrace genetics, I was planning to bust out this year, and produced loads of seeds to spread about. Lots of seed runs in my near future. Gonna be a busy year for us! Love and Respect brotha!

I can't believe your making mota wait untill fall to try out that afghan, your name is fitting as first ya torture, then ya killin me!:anim_09: Only a couple peeps aloud to tease around here and i don't see ya on the list! lol Sounds good bro,can't wait to see what ya pullin out yo hat.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Didn`t anyone here save there seeds becides me? Come on I know you old seed Hoes are out there! Cough up the info on the good old stuff !

Mota how good are you at cracking old seeds my friend? I`ve got a bunch of old genetics but I`m to poor right now to even get a indoor grow going.Maybe we could work on both our problems? PM me if intrested!

C

CobbCreekBob

ooooohhhhaaaaaahhhhhhhreal deal old affie oooooooaaahhhhhhhh

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Like to see some peeps chime in on the pre-Soviet Kandahar strains if possible. As you know it became the strong hold of the Taliban.Also paki,kush and indo-china strains as well as other middle east and near east strains.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Hope some mouths have their water on!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My family were hemp farmers in the early coloneys.I was raized a seed hoe! I`ve never got past counting strains samples of around 22,000 + with out having to start over again.LOL! Some date back to the early 1600`s. I`ve tryed to keep as many fresh samples as I could but some most likely are dust inside.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
damn mark u still have alot of problems sorry to hear.wish i had stuff like that put away sounds like fun ur my idol

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I only talk about the problems that I might be able to fix in time. Not much can be done about most of my health problems.Anyone know where the fountain of youth is? I`d gladley trade some Holy water that never goes stagnet!

Motarebel

Motarebel

Back a few years ago a tester of mine asked if i wanted some Williams wonder seeds.Turns out he had these beans stashed in cold storage since '88,this ruffled some feathers as WW is supposed to be "clone only". Well i grew em out and made an F gen passing them out to whom ever asked. Some how i lost my stock ,so now it's being sent back by my bro Dandaweedman. Many thanks bro,you and Jenna absolutely rock!......At the time i had a lot going and didn't give it the attention needed so it didn't really grab my attention. Dan has spent some time with it and i know he's only selected the best parents so it has my attention now.

sticky icky

sticky icky

Sounds like a hell of a collection Markscastle I bet there's some true world class gems to be found in those beans!Cool background with the fam 2 deff gonna start collecting some old school stuff all my stuff now isn't older than prob 20 years lol..Try some brazilian jiu jitsu keeps me feelin young and fit and feelin great plus its bad ass!MI has killer training if u ever think u might wanna check out a class or 2 let me no ill be here.--Mota I bet u were pissed to say the least when u lost ur collection but you've deff made some proper replacements lol..

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

Back a few years ago a tester of mine asked if i wanted some Williams wonder seeds.Turns out he had these beans stashed in cold storage since '88,this ruffled some feathers as WW is supposed to be "clone only". Well i grew em out and made an F gen passing them out to whom ever asked. Some how i lost my stock ,so now it's being sent back by my bro Dandaweedman. Many thanks bro,you and Jenna absolutely rock!......At the time i had a lot going and didn't give it the attention needed so it didn't really grab my attention. Dan has spent some time with it and i know he's only selected the best parents so it has my attention now.

JACKED!!! OMG best news everrrrrr. Should I send my money now lol. Great news! I would LOVE to get back some killer willy's. Like i said I traumatized mine and it just hasn't been the same :(. This whole project is the BOMB! ur the man for taking this on, much respect.

Dandaweedman

Dandaweedman

Mota, it's our pleasure.
It's a knockout smoke now, can't wait to see what you can do with it.:evilgrin0013:

P

primeform

JACKED!!! OMG best news everrrrrr. Should I send my money now lol. Great news! I would LOVE to get back some killer willy's. Like i said I traumatized mine and it just hasn't been the same :(. This whole project is the BOMB! ur the man for taking this on, much respect.

tell us more about this strain.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

It's indica dominant, if left untopped would take on a the typical xmas tree shape but is central cola dominant. I used to veg a clone for 3-4 days cut the top to get 2 pairs of chutes, veg for another 3-4 and throw into flower and I'd generally wind up with 3-6 tops all similar in stature and in a 1 gal pot under a 1k would easily get a donut per. Great producer, almost on par with the "old" chronic from SS, but a waaaaay better high. Predominant smells and tastes would be spicy/coffee with a hint of sweetness(i always struggle with describing flavours lol).Charcoal filters are a must as its very pungent. I love the taste n think its on par with the kushs that seems to be the rage now a day. Couch lock weed! definetely not a day time smoke unless you wana be a zombie for the rest of the day! It was a heavy feeder who would finish in 56-63. It's name is truly fitting, a real wonder! I don't have any pics but my buddy is still rockin it and will try and get some pics for everyone.

DC105

DC105

Mota sent me williams wonder years back and as I remember I only had 1 germ ( I think out of 5). I didn't give much attention to her because she was little gal, but wished I had because she was covered in frost. My one little female wasn't a good rep. Knowing Danda and Jenna work with her makes me very interested!!! I'll have to see if I took any pics of her.

fractal

fractal

Back to the Future!!!!

Awesome news motarebel I am paying close attention!

Top Bottom