The Secret to Organic success

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You won’t regret it. Made my life so much simpler.
I work second shift I made it so my lights turn on at 2pm and I’m always rushing to water it seems. I’m gonna adjust that for the next flowering to make it a bit easier and who knows once I incorporate it at my girls house I’ll probably fall in love with it and install one at mine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The best secret is to lie and use harsh pesticides and hormones. Then just put a sticker on the bag that says organic.
Lmao but there is some truth to that. Plants don't take up organics its impossible.... the whole organic market is based on false ideology. Now that's not saying that organic growing is a falsehood because it's not at all.. just the marketing is.

Let the 🔥ing begin. But understand I'm not bashing organic growing. I do so in my garden. Just the marketing falsehoods in the industry.

I'll touch on the hormones later if you all want but organic is usually grown with lots of hormones

Ponky

Ponky

Lmao but there is some truth to that. Plants don't take up organics its impossible.... the whole organic market is based on false ideology. Now that's not saying that organic growing is a falsehood because it's not at all.. just the marketing is.

Let the 🔥ing begin. But understand I'm not bashing organic growing. I do so in my garden. Just the marketing falsehoods in the industry.

I'll touch on the hormones later if you all want but organic is usually grown with lots of hormones
Organic tends to be pretty bad for the environment too. We use synthetic fertilizer for a reason I suppose. Organic in my mind is a pot of rich soil and just water. Which is a great concept. But pests. And nutrients. I mean its a plant growing inside a shop. How Organic is that ever gunna be? And the "Organic" stuff thats allowed. Well. Kind of makes you reconsider why you bother.
But have I grown legit Organic? Yes. And I've also grown "vegan".... it was right. But silly.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Organic tends to be pretty bad for the environment too. We use synthetic fertilizer for a reason I suppose. Organic in my mind is a pot of rich soil and just water. Which is a great concept. But pests. And nutrients. I mean its a plant growing inside a shop. How Organic is that ever gunna be? And the "Organic" stuff thats allowed. Well. Kind of makes you reconsider why you bother.
But have I grown legit Organic? Yes. And I've also grown "vegan".... it was right. But silly.
It's about building a soil over time... its changes the structure and is actually better for the environment because it releases available nutrients slowly over time as opposed to almost fully available that leech from the soil into waterways etc. The slow amount of available nutrients with organics means the amount that can be leeched from the soil is slow and steady. Mother nature is used to dealing with this but the large amounts of higher available nutrients that synthetic provide can impact an ecosystem as they cause a large imbalance.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pretty much if your growing in a pot with organics and throwing your soil out at the end.... your kinda defeating the purpose and more than likely sucked in by the ideology that somehow organic nutrients are cleaner and better for plant. In terms of nutrients organic and synthetic both end up in ionic form before the plants can take them up and the ONLY difference is how they were derived.

Simply put a nitrate is a nitrate.... no matter the source.

Ponky

Ponky

Pretty much if your growing in a pot with organics and throwing your soil out at the end.... your kinda defeating the purpose and more than likely sucked in by the ideology that somehow organic nutrients are cleaner and better for plant. In terms of nutrients organic and synthetic both end up in ionic form before the plants can take them up and the ONLY difference is how they were derived.

Simply put a nitrate is a nitrate.... no matter the source.
Right. And organic farming releases larger amounts of nitrates into the surrounding ground water. Which is why large scale organic farming is shady as fk. The concept is great. But what ends up happening isn't. Small scale organic farming would be a good solution. Manage the land on a more intimate scale. But when large scale organic adoption became mainstream and the biggest players got in on it. Well they corrupted it. So a lot of the large brands of Organic food suppliers don't have the same ability or fine tune their use of their fertilizers. And the products they're allowed to make and use. Can be quite toxic. So I don't trust organic plants foods from the grow store. But I'm not about to scavenge ashes and farm worms...yet.
True organics. Thats a tough way to grow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Right. And organic farming releases larger amounts of nitrates into the surrounding ground water. Which is why large scale organic farming is shady as fk. The concept is great. But what ends up happening isn't. Small scale organic farming would be a good solution. Manage the land on a more intimate scale. But when large scale organic adoption became mainstream and the biggest players got in on it. Well they corrupted it. So a lot of the large brands of Organic food suppliers don't have the same ability or fine tune their use of their fertilizers. And the products they're allowed to make and use. Can be quite toxic. So I don't trust organic plants foods from the grow store. But I'm not about to scavenge ashes and farm worms...yet.
True organics. Thats a tough way to grow.
I'd have to disagree. They generally don't polute as much, provide a constant food source which usually but not always provides a healthier plant because synthetics leach easily unless your talking about slow release ferts.

But organics are not usually overdone.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What I'm saying is both are great.... im not in one camp or the other but they are different and have thier advantages and disadvantages.

The part that's gets me going is the marketing attached to organics and the ideology that orgainics is somehow healthier and synthetics are chemical poisons.... well hate to be the stick in the mud but both are chemicals and plants cannot take up organics nutrients.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

All they had were the food scraps and such they made. Amazon was still a young boys fantasy.
Fish heads, animal feces, rotten plants and compost was all they needed to grow enough food and whatever else they needed.

The point is, they used natural to feed natural. That's organic.

DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

I ran the U.S.'s 2nd largest organic farm at 875 acres for a while........ it was owned by Horizon Organic Dairy who at the time was the countries largest organic dairy. We basically grew feed for cows at multiple east coast farms. Although there are exceptions to every rule, I can assure you the acreage ended up in much better shape and healthier than it was before we got there. Our land was tested on a regular basis for many things to confirm that organic standards were being adhered too.

I'm 99% organic in my grows now, and wouldn't have it any other way.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I went crazy with the recharge but probably didn’t need to but it stated on the bag for extreme results use every other watering so that’s what I did. I made batches of compost tea every other watering. It didn’t seem to hurt lol but I don’t have anything to compare it to as this is my first growView attachment 1141610View attachment 1141611View attachment 1141612
That is fab for your first grow!
The enzymes can take up to 2 weeks to really get built up and cooking. You have some nice sticky bud. Well done!

The only other thing I will be adding in our next grow will be Sticky Icky by DaKine420. It is an emzyne package designed to promote trich production.
You may want to check it out also. Boost your Trichs! Organic compatible.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

One thing I dont get. How do microbes live in a powder like recharge but not in soil when it dries out? Might sound dumb to those who know more about this but I'm serious.
They are simple critters. Think of Sea Monkeys. You put them in water and they come alive and start breeding. Exactly the same thing.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Very interesting thread, I am currently Reading true living organics by the rev. Have read soma's book on organic growing and I was left with the impression that medicinal users prefer organic grown weed over hydro..

The ecoli in soil is only of concern if you eat soil ?
Got a lot to learn

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Very interesting thread, I am currently Reading true living organics by the rev. Have read soma's book on organic growing and I was left with the impression that medicinal users prefer organic grown weed over hydro..

Got a lot to learn
I haven't read that one yet. It's near the top of my list.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That's true for us. The local disp grows hydro. Expert grower.. But ours is so much tastier and a smoother, better high. To us at any rate.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Ecoli could be harmful to you if you handle soil without gloves or if you have unprotected cuts on your hands or dont wash hands after handling? Am i missing something?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got a lot to learn
No and the shift to organics is directly linked to the increase in Ecoli recalls. If you get soil from a supply that's tainted it will contaminate your grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom