The Secret to Organic success

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's true for us. The local disp grows hydro. Expert grower.. But ours is so much tastier and a smoother, better high. To us at any rate.
This this comes down to the grower. And the faster the growth the faster issues progress and harder to maintain many plant needs. There is some credit to the idea that some of the symbiotic relationships may contribute to plant health. But again plant do not take up organic nutrients and there have been 0 studies to prove any of it.

The mind plays a big role in one's perception.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
That is fab for your first grow!
The enzymes can take up to 2 weeks to really get built up and cooking. You have some nice sticky bud. Well done!

The only other thing I will be adding in our next grow will be Sticky Icky by DaKine420. It is an emzyne package designed to promote trich production.
You may want to check it out also. Boost your Trichs! Organic compatible.
I think the recharge has enzymes already tho right? Thanx btw I’ve obsessed over this project hard and I’m in love with this hobby now. I’m already using multiple products that boost microbes and I’m adding kelp next for my teas idk of this would be something else I would add I’ll prolly stick with the recharge for that one for now unless I see some crazy results from my fellow farmers.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Again I'm not saying that organic is bad by any means... just that it's not the hype it's made out to be on product marketing. I believe it is absolutely a benefit to the environment and may provide some extra health benefits to the plants. But in terms of nutrients provided it just is what it's claimed to be as marketed by the industry.

The smoothness and flavors vary genetically and for many enviromental reasons both during the grow and drying curing process but not because of organic nutrients.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think the recharge has enzymes already tho right? Thanx btw I’ve obsessed over this project hard and I’m in love with this hobby now. I’m already using multiple products that boost microbes and I’m adding kelp next for my teas idk of this would be something else I would add I’ll prolly stick with the recharge for that one for now unless I see some crazy results from my fellow farmers.
Be careful you are not adding more than is needed. Part of the point of organic is to reduce or remove conventional feeding techniques.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The smoothness and flavors vary genetically and for many enviromental reasons both during the grow and drying curing process but not because of organic nutrients.
Very true. My point is that for our grow to be of better quality than a Master Grower's, that says something. Either he is not really that good, or we might be better than we thought. LOL
There is of course that he has a large grow and he may not have the time to nurture it properly during the various stages.

growsince79

growsince79

Again I'm not saying that organic is bad by any means... just that it's not the hype it's made out to be on product marketing. I believe it is absolutely a benefit to the environment and may provide some extra health benefits to the plants. But in terms of nutrients provided it just is what it's claimed to be as marketed by the industry.

Very true. My point is that for our grow to be of better quality than a Master Grower's, that says something. Either he is not really that good, or we might be better than we thought. LOL
There is of course that he has a large grow and he may not have the time to nurture it properly during the various stages.
wtf is a master grower anyways? The best grower on earth can't make good bud from bad genetics. Also dispensery weed can sit on the shelf way too long to compete with good homegrown. Today's top shelf dispensary bud is next years $50/oz special.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

wtf is a master grower anyways? The best grower on earth can't make good bud from bad genetics. Also dispensery weed can sit on the shelf way too long to compete with good homegrown. Today's top shelf dispensary bud is next years $50/oz special.
Marijuana master growers oversee operations at cannabis production facilities. This typically includes sourcing, cloning, transplanting, and providing nutrients for various strains of marijuana plants; setting up and maintaining irrigation systems and environmental controls; and ensuring that the facility is pest-free. Marijuana master growers also might manage other cannabis production employees, including bud trimmers and extraction technicians, and keep track of their facility's inventory. Additionally, they must ensure that the production facility remains clean and organized, much like a laboratory environment, and that tasks are completed within budgetary and time constraints. A minimum of a bachelors degree is required, usually in horticulture or botany.

Marijuana production for medical and recreational use is a growing industry, with one or both uses legal in 30 states and the District of Columbia as of March 2018, so many marijuana master growers are charged with building facilities from the ground up. However, because marijuana hasn't been legalized in all states, marijuana master growers are limited to working in those areas where it is legal. Many facilities seek workers who are at least 21 years old.

growsince79

growsince79

Marijuana master growers oversee operations at cannabis production facilities. This typically includes sourcing, cloning, transplanting, and providing nutrients for various strains of marijuana plants; setting up and maintaining irrigation systems and environmental controls; and ensuring that the facility is pest-free. Marijuana master growers also might manage other cannabis production employees, including bud trimmers and extraction technicians, and keep track of their facility's inventory. Additionally, they must ensure that the production facility remains clean and organized, much like a laboratory environment, and that tasks are completed within budgetary and time constraints. A minimum of a bachelors degree is required, usually in horticulture or botany.

Marijuana production for medical and recreational use is a growing industry, with one or both uses legal in 30 states and the District of Columbia as of March 2018, so many marijuana master growers are charged with building facilities from the ground up. However, because marijuana hasn't been legalized in all states, marijuana master growers are limited to working in those areas where it is legal. Many facilities seek workers who are at least 21 years old.
It was a rhetorical question. How many "master growers" get fired because they suck at growing? Another rhetorical question...

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Master growers are the guys that set everything up then get the boot so the cheap labor can come in and run the show. My advice to anyone looking to do something like that is to get it all in writing because money men are ruthless.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Be careful you are not adding more than is needed. Part of the point of organic is to reduce or remove conventional feeding techniques.
Ya I mostly top dress my terp tea but have read a lot of the benefits of kelp for flowering so I’m adding it to my arsenal but my teas mainly consist of microbes and fungi…

shaganja

shaganja

Buddy gave some teens. He drip feeds. When his plants hit my outdoor, I had to babysit them for a couple days until they realized they have to find their own water! Lol

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I went "organic", but for no socially conscious reason, just lazy and pinching pennies.

But now, I'm liking the decision. And I've found a way to "recycle" my soil, and it is looking even better than it was at first, and it has that "good ole dirt" smell.

I've started using my "good dirt" in everything! House plants, tomatoes, peppers, even my violets!

It's like magic! Lol

And I havent bought bottles of anything, and (knock on wood) havent any pest, so no pesticide. I do use DE, but not in/on the plant, just as a pest control. But ive done that for forevermore.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

They way I see it there are two kinds of "organic" growing. Well three if you include the organic growers that aren't really organic 😉 every self-proclaimed organic grower I've ever met that grow in containers has at least a bottle of synthetic pH up/down in their nute cabinet...d'oh!

First there is the input substitution approach which is what the vast majority of organic growers use. This system attempts to replicate conventional production systems, except using organic inputs rather than synthetic ones.
The other approach is known as agroecology, and it attempts to challenge both the monoculture structure and dependence on off-grow inputs by utilizing regenerative systems that rely more on biodiversity and inputs available on-site...like sunshine or the nitrogen in the air.

Reusing "soil" is a great first step toward regenerative systems, but incorporate some biodiversity, too. Grow something else in that soil before you grow your next Cannabis crop in it 🤪 I recommend both a grass and a legume. Grasses are excellent at scavenging available nitrogen and provide aeriation to your soil/compost pile while legumes can add nitrogen to your soil (inoculate the seeds for max N fixation). I use different combinations for the used soil from each of my crops. Be sure to terminate these crops before they set seed and compost everything together.

No and the shift to organics is directly linked to the increase in Ecoli recalls.
Only because some organic farmers were using manure improperly...that shit needs to compost first! But E. coli produce recalls in the US peaked in 2014 and have dramatically decreased since then due in part to safety regulations announced in 2015. While a few studies have found higher prevalence of E coli on produce from organic farms, the vast majority have not found this to be the case.

Have read soma's book on organic growing and I was left with the impression that medicinal users prefer organic grown weed over hydro.
By "hydro" I assume you mean conventional DWC or EAF systems? Because many (most?) organic Cannabis grows are also hydroponic systems, typically drip or hand applied. Even feeding teas is technically hydroponics. Hydroponics just means that inputs are being applied in a liquid form.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Just finished an organic cycle in one room, we run several methods/regimens simultaneously in different rooms. As I expected results are very good in terms of quality, three strains each has its own unique terpene and cannabinoid profiles. Imho organic cannabis AG in a commercial production mindset, goes way beyond just watering with tap water...
one of our organic rooms.
20210711 231649

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Anyone else doing organic hot soil in coco?
Needs more buffers than peat-based media AKA "soil" (🙄 to me it's not soil unless it has sand, silt, and clay!) but otherwise almost comparable results imho.

But I wonder...every single "organic" grower I've ever met (it's a pretty high number) is not 100% organic. They have a bottle of synthetic pH up/down or something with phosphoric acid in it or CalMag, etc. in their nute cabinet. Not trying to be rude but just a bit curious if the difference between 100% and 95% organic matters to anyone?

Well tbh there are a handful of exceptions but none of them are growing in pots.

Ponky

Ponky

Anyone else doing organic hot soil in coco?
Needs more buffers than peat-based media AKA "soil" (🙄 to me it's not soil unless it has sand, silt, and clay!) but otherwise almost comparable results imho.

But I wonder...every single "organic" grower I've ever met (it's a pretty high number) is not 100% organic. They have a bottle of synthetic pH up/down or something with phosphoric acid in it or CalMag, etc. in their nute cabinet. Not trying to be rude but just a bit curious if the difference between 100% and 95% organic matters to anyone?

Well tbh there are a handful of exceptions but none of them are growing in pots.
There are no advantages to organic. We invented synthetic foods and pesticides for a reason.

Top Bottom