The Secret to Organic success

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

There are no advantages to organic. We invented synthetic foods and pesticides for a reason.
Organic has all the advantages. It costs almost nothing and with a bit of care, lasts for a lifetime. You don't need to measure it, ppm it, pH it, or do anything but water.
No, it's not going to feed millions, but it's not supposed to. People should have their own gardens for their home. All the money they would save and how quickly the corrupt food industry would loose control over what we eat.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

There are no advantages to organic. We invented synthetic foods and pesticides for a reason.
Smaller environmental footprint is just one such advantage. But it's easy to dump all kinds of shit on the environment for free!!!
Some marginalized community/future generation can pay for them, right?

We invented synthetics because we inhabit an expansionary paradigm that believes infinite growth is both desirable and sustainable. We are approaching real world limits to growth that requires a new paradigm and, with it, new ways of doing things.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We invented synthetics because we inhabit an expansionary paradigm that believes infinite growth is both desirable and sustainable. We are approaching real world limits to growth that requires a new paradigm and, with it, new ways of doing things.
Yep, a faulty paradigm of infinite growth. It requires correction. This method has the advantage of having been proven over thousands of years. It's sustainable, ecologically friendly and far healthier than the pesticides and addiction causing agents our current food supply is laced with.
It's past time for a change, and reverting to a known workable solution is sane and logical. Sticking with the fallacy of unlimited corporate growth is insane.

Ponky

Ponky

Smaller environmental footprint is just one such advantage. But it's easy to dump all kinds of shit on the environment for free!!!
Some marginalized community/future generation can pay for them, right?

Organic farming causes more nitrates algae blooms and has a more damaging foot print commercially. Artifical fertilizers are easier to measure. They don't have issues with leaching. Organic farming is about the label. There are no environmental advantages. Modern foods and pesticides exist because we need more plant food than the Planet has time to produce. Synthetic foods and pesticides work. And the myth they're somehow bad and toxic is just false. What made it worse was when Organic got grocery store shelf popular. That was a mistake. Science didn't make agriculture worse. It solved the demand problem. And protected the environment. Synthetic works. It works better. I mean what would be the point if it didn't?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Organic farming causes more nitrates algae blooms and has a more damaging foot print commercially. Artifical fertilizers are easier to measure. They don't have issues with leaching. Organic farming is about the label. There are no environmental advantages. Modern foods and pesticides exist because we need more plant food than the Planet has time to produce. Synthetic foods and pesticides work. And the myth they're somehow bad and toxic is just false. What made it worse was when Organic got grocery store shelf popular. That was a mistake. Science didn't make agriculture worse. It solved the demand problem. And protected the environment. Synthetic works. It works better. I mean what would be the point if it didn't?
The point is to make money. It has nothing to do with what is good and necessary. Organics damage commercial grows financially, not naturally. Get rid of the commercial grows. They do nothing for us except take our money that is needed for other things.
The commercial food industry is organized crime. If you don't think so, then you've never looked close enough.
95% of all commercial industry is criminal. It didn't start that way, but that's how it is now.
Grow organic and get corporate favoritism out of politics and our lives.

Ponky

Ponky

I think we can most all agree the biggest problem with organics has to do with marketing and big business throwing the word around to make money. The practices that go along with the process of organic farming are what is important not the products that someone is trying to sell you.
I would cite https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22947228/

And proclaim modern agricultural practices are superior in all aspects. Excluding modified genetics and known faulty pesticides from prior science. Pollution, cost, foot print. All of it. Organic shouldn't have been assigned a name.

Ponky

Ponky

The point is to make money. It has nothing to do with what is good and necessary. Organics damage commercial grows financially, not naturally. Get rid of the commercial grows. They do nothing for us except take our money that is needed for other things.
The commercial food industry is organized crime. If you don't think so, then you've never looked close enough.
95% of all commercial industry is criminal. It didn't start that way, but that's how it is now.
Grow organic and get corporate favoritism out of politics and our lives.
Don't get me started on lettuce. Lysteria and no benefit using massive resources.. for Salad.... gross

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Organic farming causes more nitrates algae blooms and has a more damaging foot print commercially.
"Algal bloom is defined as the excess growth of algae in water. It can be caused by a combination of certain factors including sunlight, slow-moving water and excess nutrients like nitrogen and phosphorus, also referred to as nutrient pollution." https://www.betalabservices.com/nitrates-in-water/

Sounds like commercial runoff to me.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

In your own citation: "Organic farms tend to have higher soil organic matter content and lower nutrient losses (nitrogen leaching, nitrous oxide emissions and ammonia emissions) per unit of field area."
They then compare it to unit produced which is how the industry justifies poisoning the population. A smaller area does not pollute in comparison, it enhances the ecology. And a lower price on Cheetos means nothing if it costs the death of thousands of acres of otherwise useful land.

Ponky

Ponky

"Algal bloom is defined as the excess growth of algae in water. It can be caused by a combination of certain factors including sunlight, slow-moving water and excess nutrients like nitrogen and phosphorus, also referred to as nutrient pollution." https://www.betalabservices.com/nitrates-in-water/

Sounds like commercial runoff to me.
Yeah. And the worse offenders are the organic corporate production sites. As the materials are harder to manage. With synthetic it's easier to ratio and mix. And it doesn't leach as much. Small scale farms generally not an issue. Home scale is fine. But as soon as it went main stream they made a whole mess of the run off. Caused massive blooms. It was not easy learning curve. And it doesn't have a net benefit at that scale. Which is why food should come from within 50 miles. And small scale is better. But don't think those organic bananas are doing you any favors.

Ponky

Ponky

The results show that organic farming practices generally have positive impacts on the environment per unit of area, but not necessarily per product unit. ____
However, ammonia emissions, nitrogen leaching and nitrous oxide emissions per product unit were higher from organic systems____
It's less food on the shelf. With serious waste issues. And the offenders that do serious harm are large scale agricultural producers. It's hard to find articles related to their previous fines and what not. But this more casual article goes a bit more in depth.

It's not bad to small scale local farm. Thats always worked. It's scale. You can't scale up ethics. Money is too powerful. That's why we can't have nice things. But it's also why local and coop is the only real way to make a difference.

Ponky

Ponky

You make my point for me.
The other down side. Is all the products on the shelf in the garden center. You should be making potash, composting and making land live. When you buy organic foods for your pot plants at home it kind of defeats the purpose of the whole idea. Those fancy general hydroponics organic nutrient kits don't make much sense. A better solution is guess would be to strictly control food import and export. With some kind of policy. And implement a functional system with over sight. That can somehow be free of financial influence. And keep tigher controls over materials. But humans aren't good at that level of management.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The results show that organic farming practices generally have positive impacts on the environment per unit of area, but not necessarily per product unit. ____
However, ammonia emissions, nitrogen leaching and nitrous oxide emissions per product unit were higher from organic systems____
It's less food on the shelf. With serious waste issues. And the offenders that do serious harm are large scale agricultural producers. It's hard to find articles related to their previous fines and what not. But this more casual article goes a bit more in depth.

It's not bad to small scale local farm. Thats always worked. It's scale. You can't scale up ethics. Money is too powerful. That's why we can't have nice things. But it's also why local and coop is the only real way to make a difference.
Exactly. Corporate anything is basically criminal. Quit giving them what they demand we fork over. Why do you grow? Because you don't want to pay disp prices? Or because its not legal in your area yet? You are already a rebel just by virtue of you being a grower. So stand fully up and push corporate entities out of our lives by not giving them anything, or as little as possible. Screw giant grows. They are toxic BECAUSE they are large.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The other down side. Is all the products on the shelf in the garden center. You should be making potash, composting and making land live. When you buy organic foods for your pot plants at home it kind of defeats the purpose of the whole idea. Those fancy general hydroponics organic nutrient kits don't make much sense. A better solution is guess would be to strictly control food import and export. With some kind of policy. And implement a functional system with over sight. That can somehow be free of financial influence. And keep tigher controls over materials. But humans aren't good at that level of management.
Then how do we begin to make those changes. You've already agreed they are necessary. What's the first step?

Ponky

Ponky

Exactly. Corporate anything is basically criminal. Quit giving them what they demand we fork over. Why do you grow? Because you don't want to pay disp prices? Or because its not legal in your area yet? You are already a rebel just by virtue of you being a grower. So stand fully up and push corporate entities out of our lives by not giving them anything, or as little as possible. Screw giant grows. They are toxic BECAUSE they are large.
I grow because I always have. But if I could get a quality supply I might not. But I can't. And I don't generally support things that destroy my way of life. But it's getting harder.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I grow because I always have. But if I could get a quality supply I might not. But I can't. And I don't generally support things that destroy my way of life. But it's getting harder.
Day by day my friend. Hour by hour lately...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Marijuana master growers oversee operations at cannabis production facilities. This typically includes sourcing, cloning, transplanting, and providing nutrients for various strains of marijuana plants; setting up and maintaining irrigation systems and environmental controls; and ensuring that the facility is pest-free. Marijuana master growers also might manage other cannabis production employees, including bud trimmers and extraction technicians, and keep track of their facility's inventory. Additionally, they must ensure that the production facility remains clean and organized, much like a laboratory environment, and that tasks are completed within budgetary and time constraints. A minimum of a bachelors degree is required, usually in horticulture or botany.

Marijuana production for medical and recreational use is a growing industry, with one or both uses legal in 30 states and the District of Columbia as of March 2018, so many marijuana master growers are charged with building facilities from the ground up. However, because marijuana hasn't been legalized in all states, marijuana master growers are limited to working in those areas where it is legal. Many facilities seek workers who are at least 21 years old.
Hey that makes me a master grower.... my facility is 10'x7' and I oversee all operations and decisions for the grow.... 😉fuckin scary thought.

Last edited:
Top Bottom