The White, 400 watt DR90II grow

• Thread starter MrStonerMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
devilh212

devilh212

Dude thats looking pretty damned sick right there! keep up the banging work dude. yh that 400 will deffo help out with your temperatures at night. good luck, im strapping in for this one with some interest. they all look so uniform man, absolutely stonking.

Just a dumbass Q but white? white what? widow? or just white? not heard of it if so.

Reebs

Reebs

lookin sick dude, i veg with a 400 halide aswell. how far is the bulb from the tops? u can get those 400 halides really close, i keep em at like 8-12'' away as opposed to the previous like 18-24'' and growth is way better and it will help with that climate issue too.

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

devilh212- thanks for stopping by! Yeah I'm hoping to get them all even before flipping the switch. The strain goes by "the white", I believe genetics are unknown.

Reebs- thank you! Right now the light is about 14 inches from the tops of my plants so I might lower it a bit. The bulb seems to have fixed my fluctuating temps

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Here's an update at day 27 of veg. Did some more training and removed a few leaves that were in the way. Also attached a pic to show you a closer look at my lst

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Nice LST work..... I've been toying with the white for a coupla years now and just flipped these yesterday. I'm also in Darkroom tents for veg & bloom. This run I decided to throw up some DIY trellis netting to keep things in check. so far so good. .

BlooM DaY 2 002
MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Thanks. Wow your girls are looking great! How big are your tents? Did you top your plants to get the tops that way or was it also LST?

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Im about 30 days into veg with the soil and am planning to go about another 30 days or so before flipping depending on the size of the girls. I am planning on introducing the nutes at about week 6 or so. Right now I only have PBP Grow, PBP Bloom, Liquid Karma, Hydroplex and Rapid Start. From my understanding I believe I could start using rapid start already and also liquid karma, maybe somebody can help me out.? I will be Ph'ing my water to 6.1 and plan to flush for about 10-15 days. Here is a chart I made to give you an idea of the amount I plan to use, any feedback is appreciated I am not experienced with nutes

Chart

devilh212

devilh212

dude they look sick, but i rele dont get all this pissing around in soil and not nuting for x weeks not knowing wuite how much cos its soil and soils a bitch. why doesnt everyone just use coco, it is so much less hassle.

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

I feel ya bro, but soil is the easiest and most forgiving medium.. This is my first time adding nutes, which also explains why I started the grow ocean forest as opposed to a soil without nutrients. I might give coco a try after i feel more comfortable handling nutrients but I am also looking at hydro. Any input on my feeding amounts? Do they seem ok?

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

So the way I had my ventilation configured I wasn't scrubbing 100% of the air coming out of the tent. Was thinking of flipping the fan and adding an intake filter where my exhaust used to be but that wouldn't be possible because the walls of the tent would get sucked in from negative pressure.. My next best option was to attach an intake filter where my carbon filter initially was. I attached a picture of where I attached it. I had to move my carbon filter to the other side where I had my exhaust before. The 4 inch carbon filter now acts as an exhaust by having the air forced through before being exhausted into the room. This should solve my odor problems come flower time!

Ventilation2
20121129 154420
20121129 154103

A picture of what I attached to my intake fan to better separate the air as it comes in.

20121129 143016

20121129 154103
20121129 143016
20121129 154420
Ventilation2
whitewidowweed

whitewidowweed

your tent setup doesnt seem right. a carbon filter should be in the tent with a fan sucking air through the filter and out the window then a different fan with the intake filter to match pressure.

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

You make a good point, I do always see tents set up the way you say. On this grow I wanted to have 2 stage ventilation because I wanted the fan cooling the light to be completely separate from the fan blowing fresh air into my tent. The problem with sucking in a tent is if the pressure is not right the walls of the tent will be sucked in and possibly knock over the plants or fans inside. I have the 4 inch fan turning on for 30 minutes then turning off for 30 minutes, mostly to cut a bit of energy cost. It's been working for me so far the only problem before was the air being pushed out was not being scrubbed, hence the new intake filter and re-positioning of the carbon filter. By having a completely separate fan for the hood I am better able to control my temperatures in the cold weather by simply raising or lowering my fan speed controller. All the while not messing with the fresh air coming in and out

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Thanks. Wow your girls are looking great! How big are your tents? Did you top your plants to get the tops that way or was it also LST?

I veg in a 3x3 and flower in a 5x5. both are housed 12" away from each other and there are 100% no light leaks.... Here is a pic so you can see how I have my venting hooked up.
And to answer your question. No, I dont top or lst but instead I supercrop by pinching the branch between my finger and thumb until I feel it crush then I bend the main branch or any dominating branches over to allow the branches underneith to catch up. I continue to do this until I have about 12-16 tops on each plant... what happens is a calluse forms where I pinched the branch allowing for more support for big buds.

TENT 003
DR150  DR90
MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

I veg in a 3x3 and flower in a 5x5. both are housed 12" away from each other and there are 100% no light leaks.... Here is a pic so you can see how I have my venting hooked up.
And to answer your question. No, I dont top or lst but instead I supercrop by pinching the branch between my finger and thumb until I feel it crush then I bend the main branch or any dominating branches over to allow the branches underneith to catch up. I continue to do this until I have about 12-16 tops on each plant... what happens is a calluse forms where I pinched the branch allowing for more support for big buds.

Very nice bro. Your tents look super clean! I have read a bit about supercropping but have never given it a try. The way your plants are looking I'm thinking I'm going to give it a try soon. I am considering another 3x3 for veg, right now I am using a 2x2 home built cab

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Update at day 32 of veg. Been cleaning all of the lower growth and shaping them up a bit. Might start pinching a few tops to even out the tops
IMG 20121202 205407
IMG 20121202 205438

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Gave the girls their first dose of nutrients yesterday. Gave them PBP grow, liquid karma, and some rapid start. Should have updated pics later this week. I've started to trim lower growth as soon as it sprouts and removing leaves that get tangled with each other

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Here is an update at day 39 veg, no major changes except the amount of tops at the top of the canopy. I'm pretty sure now that I'm working with more than one strain, the leaf structure on a few plants doesn't match
IMG 20121209 094113

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Here's an update at day 43 of veg. As you guys can see it's getting pretty full in there. I'm getting close to flipping the switch I am just going to keep shaping them up a bit as well as get enough growth to take clones off each lady. Ordered a thermostat to hook up a small heater as it might be needed during my lights off cycle. I will be running my lights at night so the heater shouldn't be needed too much. I hooked up the day/night fan speed controller and it's been keeping my tempts around 68-70 at night which is cool. I think it also saves me a bit of energy because I have it set to fully shut off the fan once the desired temperature is reached. I don't even think my cooling fan runs during the night lol. Can't wait to see the buds though
IMG 20121213 230246
IMG 20121213 225959
IMG 20121213 230130

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Great job utilizing all available space in that tent. The White don't stretch much in flower so ur will be ok in that aspect. Excellent job training them lil ladies. Keep up the great work, bro.

Top Bottom