The White, 400 watt DR90II grow

• Thread starter MrStonerMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Today is day 60 of veg. I made a few changes and put the light on the timer. Also swapped the mh bulb for the hps so we're good to go! Lights will turn off at 8 am tomorrow morning. I set the thermostat controlling the small heater to 65 and my temperature fan speed controller set to 80. We'll see how my temperatures stay.. took about 20 more clones, had to cut some branches that I felt were too low. Canopy is still sorta dense but will fill up a bit during flower. Here are some pics
IMG 20121230 203500
IMG 20121230 203428
IMG 20121230 203228

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

So far flower has been going good. My lights out temps don't drop below 65 and my high earlier during lights on was 81. Gonna make some adjustments and see if I can get temps to stay around 79-80 during lights on. I'll have some pics up in a few days

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Cleaned them girls out real well, bro. Gonna be mad tops of the White in that tent. Did u get them temps down?

dlovejah

dlovejah

Nice Job.. Your Ladies are looking good Bro... Way to maximize in a small space... Looking forward to seeing them throw snow in flower... peace d.

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Thanks guys! Still haven't gotten my temps right where I want them but I made another adjustment today. I think my problem was that I had my fan set to turn off completely when optimum temperature was reached. I changed the setting to leave it on at all times just at the minimum the fan can go. We'll see how my temperatures hold up I'll know by the morning time

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Here's a shot of the top of the plants I took today. I can't get a whole lot of detail because of the hps. As you can see, one of the plants has already stretched passed the rest of them. This is the same plant that I suspected was different. Hopefully it's still something dank she stinks like a purple strain.
IMG 20130107 062927

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Been watching my temps since lights came on at 8pm. They've been staying 72-77. My low has been 64. We'll see how it looks in the morning before lights off

Kush Farmer

Kush Farmer

Wow man I love how you got your canopy to be very uniform. I want to try this on my next batch, but I am always afraid that I may snap the stem. Do you have any pro tips on how to train like that without snapping the stems? Does choosing a higher canopy height make it easier?

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Wow man I love how you got your canopy to be very uniform. I want to try this on my next batch, but I am always afraid that I may snap the stem. Do you have any pro tips on how to train like that without snapping the stems? Does choosing a higher canopy height make it easier?

Thanks I really appreciate it. When i first started training I gathered information from a few message boards. Back when I started Overgrow was still active so most of my info came form there.My best advice would be to browse different journals from growers who train like me. What I've come to learn when it comes to training is that not all plants will react the same to the training. I've snapped a few stems here and there from being careless but the ladies never seem to mind too much. New growth from the plants is pretty flexible and easy to bend in any way you want it to go. After about 3-5 days it starts to harden up so what you want to do is hold it in the position you'd like it to stay in once solid.. If that makes sense lol. At the beginning of training I let the plant get about 10 inches to a foot then i bend it over to encourage growth from the lower branches. Once lower branches begin to grow out I tie branches down as necessary to allow smaller branches to catch up. After a few weeks you'll see the results just remember it takes time. The more height you add to your canopy the more room you have to keep training. It all depends on how much head space you have and how much tops you'd like to have before you start flower. On mine I'd say I have about 10 tops per plant which is not a whole lot considering I vegged for so long.. But I took about 60 clones and all the tops I left have strong branches supporting them. I hope I answered your question if you have any more feel free to ask thanks again for stopping by my thread

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Here's a small update at day 10 of flower. Finally got my temps in check my low today was 63 and high has been 77 the last few days. Might need to take a look work on my humidity because it's been getting a bit high. The plant that is different hit quite a stretch. Here are some pics
20130110 195951
IMG 20130110 205208

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Here's an update for you guys:
I'm pretty sure I have at least 3 different strains in there now. I numbered them each at the beginning of the grow. #1 is the stretchiest one and she's the only tall one in the tent. #3 & #5 seem to be the same so far as far as leaf shape and growth structure. #2, 4 and 6 seem to be the same also because of structure and leaf shape. I was also better able to see which girls are the same by the cloning times. Anyway, not the end of the world as it's always expected when buying clones off peeps. Now I'm curious to see what other strains I'm working with!! Lol. My canopy got a tiny bit uneven because of the stretch but not too bad. I took some pics right as the light turned on for you guys, day 15 of flower
20130113 195832
20130113 195931
20130113 200126

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Ordered a second 3x3 tent and picked up another 6 inch air cooled hood yesterday. I'm in the planning stages of my next run and I want to start harvesting perpetually. I will veg with a 250 mh while my other tent is on 12/12. This will save me 2 months in between harvests at least. Still trying to decide on which strain to run I'm still leaning towards GDP. I kinda want to see if I have anything worth keeping in the current tent though. Picture update coming soon

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

And congrats NINERS on their win! We're headed to the superbowl :)

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Finally made my way down to harborside and I came back with 6 DHN Kens GDP cuts. Transplanted them as soon as I got home. My new tent will be here next week. Gonna get some air pots to try them out on this run. Once the tent gets here I will have the GDPs in their new home. Until then they're relaxing in my small veg cab. UPS guy hurry up!! Lol

IMG 20130122 174100
IMG 20130122 172958
MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Got some good news today, my tent came earlier than i thought!! Spent the better part of the afternoon cleaning the space and setting everything up. Had to re-wire my 250 ballast also and I am not very experienced with all of that lol. My new tent is up and running! Connected the two hoods to cool both with the same fan. I also busted out my camera for some pics. My smart phone makes me lazy now days. Can't wait to watch these GDP's grow I always enjoy the training as much as the flowering. The pics are at day 23 of flower
DSC 7848
DSC 7854
DSC 7856
DSC 7858
DSC 7864
DSC 7867
DSC 7872

Kush Farmer

Kush Farmer

I Like your new setup.. looks nice and clean!! I'm impatient to see how your first transition from veg ==>flower goes with those babies..

Kush Farmer

Kush Farmer

Lol.. damn plants don't do things when we want! I didn't know that GDP goes slower than other MJ plants.. personally never seen one, how many weeks longer does GDP take you compared to another strain? (If you don't mind me asking)

Top Bottom