• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys.

Well I would compare its bud size, in this style of grow, to that of a 400w HID. To compare an LED unit that consumes only 290w to a 1000w is not fair, nor realistic.

The only light I would be happy to compare against would be a 250w HID as they use around 270-280w. And this LED is producing way bigger nugs and 10x denser than I could achieve with a 250w HID. Also the bud quality and plant ease (low stress factor) make for amazing turpine profiles.

Here is a day 49 update. These have just started Top shooter feeding and are looking great. The smell is IMMENSE. Way stronger smell than under the HID lamps.

led345day49_1_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_2_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_3_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_4_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_5_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_6_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_7_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_8_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_9_Custom_.jpg

led345day49_10_Custom_.jpg

Mud Man

Mud Man

Yo Herb !! Killing it as ever! K+ absolutely !! wicked shots ...

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Just wanted to throw the next update up. I will be back tomorrow to address any questions... its late and time to chill.

Day 57 - all on last feeds of Topshooter. Going onto flush in next few days.

led345day57_1_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_2_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_3_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_4_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_5_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_6_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_7_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_8_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_9_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_10_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_11_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_12_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_13_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_14_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_15_Custom_.jpg

led345day57_16_Custom_.jpg

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks peops.

Well every day I open my tent I am more and more amazed at what this LED light is producing. Not that I was a doubter, far from it else I would not have bought it. But I certainly didn't think I would be getting these results.

What truly makes me happy is that at first I thought the edges of the grow where growing smaller nugs due to less penetration. But this is actually due to the fact that they are very bottom shoots and really should have been snipped off. I found a snoe bud growing under the canopy and it is about 8 inches long, nice and girthy, full of weight and crystal. So the next run will be even better with a tight sog.

But we find ourselves on day 63 and start of flush. These nugs keep getting bigger and fatter. I think they may take a little longer to finish as others have found, but quality and quantity are easy comparable to 400w HID.

led345day63_1_Custom_.jpg

led345day63_2_Custom_.jpg

led345day63_3_Custom_.jpg

led345day63_4_Custom_.jpg

led345day63_5_Custom_.jpg

led345day63_6_Custom_.jpg

led345day63_7_Custom_.jpg

led345day63_8_Custom_.jpg

led345day63_9_Custom_.jpg

O

ojd

wow herb
smaking it wth this leds

i was skeptical to be honest,just didnt sound right
but looks like it def does what it says on the tin

i will be looking into these for sure and will maybe get 1 for a small persi tent

chat soon

peace

O

ojd

oh yeah awesome macro shots
such fine detail and oh so frost ladies you got
i hope to be able to take shots like that 1 day
im half way there ordered a new camera canon 550 d
going to order the macro lens next few days then will be hititng you up for tips

peace

C

casmel

Definately LED girl is knowing what she is talking and the results of her LED speak for themselves :spacecraft:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
OJD - Yeah get an MPE 65 macro lense for that bad boy. Will set you back about ÂŁ800 but you will take macros like no other. I am seriously considering getting a Canon just so I can use that lense.

F

FastForward

Hey Herb,

Wicked grow. How much did the LED set you back?

FF

O

organic herbalist

wow really good for leds herbie. looks real stress free plants/buds

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Harvest time day 84

Well I have just finished hanging the LED grow and putting 9 snoe sleepaas in to veg for a week or so.

These LED buds are so so dense. And smell really really strong. Def stronger than when under HID.

Anyway, figured I would snap some shots.

The tent day 84

LEDday84harvest_1_Custom_.JPG

LEDday84harvest_2_Custom_.JPG

Chemdog #4 x Chemdog D #4

LEDc4d_4day84_1_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_2_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_3_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_4_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_5_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_6_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_7_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_8_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_9_Custom_.JPG

LEDc4d_4day84_10_Custom_.JPG

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
And the Snoe Sleeppaa.

Smells so sweet and musky. Yum.

LEDsnoeday84_1_Custom_.JPG

LEDsnoeday84_2_Custom_.JPG

LEDsnoeday84_3_Custom_.JPG

LEDsnoeday84_4_Custom_.JPG

LEDsnoeday84_5_Custom_.JPG

LEDsnoeday84_6_Custom_.JPG

LEDsnoeday84_7_Custom_.JPG

LEDsnoeday84_8_Custom_.JPG

LEDsnoeday84_9_Custom_.JPG

I will be back with smoke reports and dry shot and of course weight.

Cheers all!

Illmind

Illmind

Good shit herbi, you getting a little bleaching on the tops from the leds? Just wondering. Dope show & grow homez.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I've gotta say once again, Herb your bud shots and culivation skillz are sharp as can be! Keep up the great job brah... You make everything look so beautiful... :cool

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Good shit herbi, you getting a little bleaching on the tops from the leds? Just wondering. Dope show & grow homez.

Thanks.

Yeah there is a little bleaching and over resin production on some of the very tops. I was experimenting with going closer than the recommended 12 inches. And this happened. Happens with HPS and Mhal also if pushed to close.

I've gotta say once again, Herb your bud shots and culivation skillz are sharp as can be! Keep up the great job brah... You make everything look so beautiful... :cool

Thanks Shady! I try my best. I wanted to ensure I delivered a non biased grow show. And I believe I have done that... I must have achieved something as every time I upload shots I get a slew of pms from LED haters saying I have obviously added HID lighting. WHATEVER!!

If ANYONE writes that LEDs do not produce good bud, and a fair amount of it - easy over a gpw, then they are mongers of misinformation, as evidenced by this thread. Whether they have some vested interest in HID bulbs, I do not know. But as you all can see LED's do produce nice bud. Even if some think it looks like garbo.

I personally can not tell on bud structure between my snoe HID and LED. Obviously these people know better and who am I to argue with some bizarre backward logic.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I havent tried any proper bits yet as it only got pulled yesterday. But I sampled a bit taken a week ago and it was very tasty and poky indeed! Got me very excited to sample the rest when fully flushed.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Thanks for sharing. Their are other quality LED grow threads on the nets. I really never understood the hate on LED. It is just another lighting options with pluses and minuses.
Those pluses and minuses will mean different things to different growers from appeal to disinterest.

I believe LED have a role but on this site for now the general population seems to sore from a predatory LED business practice that has hit far to close home for some to being potential victims for others. Due to this I am unsure it is possible to illustrate an LED Grow here and be treated fairly.

Based on your experience with them. What if any are some helpful hints or advice to have success with growing with LED lights in your opinion?

Top Bottom