theherbalizor's Penetrator 345w Test

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

My LED data point

This under cabinet lamp was purchased from Lowes for over $50. It replaces a flourescent that produced poor light, and pulled 15 Watts. That is less light and three times the 5 watts the LED pulls.
In a few years these lamps will be selling for much less, and I will be growing under LED.
And so will you.
(Insert usual disclaimer re. predictive abilities or lack thereof.)

DSCN2820
DSCN2822
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
LED345 Round 2 DING DING

The only tips I have so far is to ensure you do not push them too close so as to avoid bleaching.

Well then folks,

As some of you may have noticed I have a slight dose of OCD and an amazing need to be efficient. So with out further ado please find the start of round 2.

This time I have 9 snoe sleeppaa cuts in Coco. These were cut from the plant 15 days ago. Rooted in 10 days. Potted into half lt seedling cups of coco and given 4 days in the corner of my mother room. T5's.

Now they have had one day under the LED in 18/6.

If I was to know flip these now under a 400w I would prob get around 28-38 grams a plant and under a 600w around 42 grams a plant. That is finished in 3.4 L pots.

What I shall be doing is in a couple of days is pot these up to 1 lt pots. Veg for a week or until lots of roots visible from base of pot. All the while I am going to train the main stem so as to create equal canopy heights.

I will then pot up into the final 3.4 lt pots and give one more week veg. I hope to get around 2 oz per plant. We shall see.

All fed daily via the base in flood and drain action. As you can see I am using a shower tray for this as there is no flood and drain table that fits into a DR80 and this was bargain cheap.

I shall be commencing foliar feeding tomorrow using Colossal Bud Blast, Scorpion Juice and B52.

LED345snoesvegday5_1.JPG

LED345snoesvegday5_2.JPG

LED345snoesvegday5_3.JPG

LED345snoesvegday5_4.JPG

B

biggs

looking good herb. i like the idea of using the shower tray mate. very good thinking. good luck eith the rest of the grow.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Well the latest run will be flicking into flower tomorrow.

I potted these up into 1 lt pots last week. 2 days ago I potted them on on to the final 3.4 L pots.

Tomorrow I will tie down the main stem to even canopy and flick to 12/12.

Here are a couple of shots from 10 days vegging in the LED tent.

ledsnoeveg191110_1_.JPG

ledsnoeveg191110_2_.JPG

ledsnoeveg191110_3_.JPG

ledsnoeveg191110_4_.JPG

ledsnoeveg191110_5_.JPG

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I just harvested 383.6 grams from my LED. All primo primo top notch smoke

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is between 1.1 and 1.3 gpw depending on if you subtract 45w of fans in the light. There is around 300w of LED light.

I knew the quality of the buds I had under my small 126w LED and now you do too herbalizer. You did an excellent job with your light. You do an excellent job with all your other grows too so I was counting on you to pull off a great one under LEDs.

13 freakin ounces from 300 watts of light.

Congrats!!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys.... the quality is awesome. So smooth to toke.

I measured the actual consumption of the unit and it is bang on 290w. So with a few fans I reckon we are looking at around 260w of actual LED light input.

And I must remember that these plant were old moms and not scrogged properly at all. I just pushed a screen over and flowered. Couldnt remove the shit below canopy so I could have done better.

The next run I am aiming for 18 oz. 2 oz per plant. I think this is achievable as I can remove all under growth and train each plant.

F

froggy

Aazing Herb! You really did a great job.

18 oz! Damn that would be freaking amazing! I hope you hit a grand slam!

I hope to acheive at least 1GPW with my current 126 watt unit. I'll be sure to post up my results once it's done.

props!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Right update time, at last... SORRY

These ladies are really loving the LED. I feel that perhaps I overvegged as per normal. HEHE.

All 9 plants have been trained very lightly and all bottom growth removed at day 14.

Here we find them at day 22 of flower.

LEDsnoeday22_1_.JPG

LEDsnoeday22_2_.JPG

LEDsnoeday22_3_.JPG

LEDsnoeday22_4_.JPG

LEDsnoeday22_5_.JPG

LEDsnoeday22_6_.JPG

LEDsnoeday22_7_.JPG

LEDsnoeday22_8_.JPG

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
And I will get a smoke report and shots on the last crop up soon. The smoke is stella. One would not be able to tell that it was grown under LED. But when you know its infact smoother and has in general a much more balanced smoke. Kinda like that you get from great Oregon outdoor. It feels as tho the bud was super happy through out its life.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Wow. Those plants look gorgeous. Nice and healthy. I'm tempted to get a led for vegging simply for a faster growth rate then my t8's. I think you persuaded me. Subd.

K

KushChemDiesel

I saw these the day they got re-potted into their 3.4ltr pots & wow, they looked uber healthy & not just strain related although that does help cos the Snoe is a very strong plant the stems seem they could hold 3 x the amount of weight than most strains and if Herb can get them to yield 2 zips per plant then thats proof in the pudding. Not to mention Herbie being behind the wheel as he always gets great results even when testing new equipment & strains.

Watching closely bro surely time for an update on these fine gal's.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks chaps...

Hey Bro, hope your well and warming up now the weather has eased....

I will update these after the weekend. But alas they are doing great and really packing on the weight.

S

Spuzzum

Awesome grow man!!

I actually saw yer vid on youtube about a week ago.. before even joining here.. I'm sold. :D

Seriously.. all the reading I've done the last few weeks, your video was the first to convince me that led's ARE capable. :D

Brainstorming my own project now. :D

Thanks man.. that garden is an inspiration! :passingjoint:

F

froggy

looking forward to your update Herb. You did such a great job last run I can only imagine how much better it's going to get. I just harvested my grow under 126W LED and pulled around 73g. Could have done way better though. I had issues keeping the temps up. I had also never grown out the strain before and had some nute issues. If it weren't for these issues I could have easily pulled alot more. Trial and error on its way to perfection. haha.

B

Burned Haze

I was about to buy one of these but seen how LEDgirl is a crazy bitch and scammer, Fuck that! Hopefully u can get 3rd part replacements.

Sad part was LED would work so great since less heat and power bill, Eventually i wanted to do the 345 per 1-2 plants. But since the owner seems to give terrible and scamming towards business i don't think i will risk my grow on something that actually isn't warranted .

You're grow is amazing and I think LED is the future, Skunk mag's review of the penetrator before pro series showed good results. However if company is known scammer why risk your medicine? I think i will just pay for vent/power bill for HPS'S and T8'S for Veg.

i would love to hear a soluction to repairs 3rd part on them or something, or diff brand cause i really want one in my garden!

-BH

S

Spuzzum

Could always build yer own.. based on their design :)

And this way, you know that the led's really are Cree or Luxeon.. and not just some crap bottom of the line Chinese led's. Cree's are $5 each.. but cheap 1w led's are less than $2 on ebay. Dealer may "say" Cree's.. but if it's being manufactured in China.. does anybody really know if they are Cree's? Opening the unit to see would "void the warranty".

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Fantastic first grow Herbalizor with the leds, cant wait to see if you can pull 2oz per plant on round 2, big props buddy!

G81

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys. All is looking promising. Got a little cold but hey we can not have everything perfect....

I will upload shots once I get a new mother board as my usb has blown.

Latest posts

Top Bottom