Theyre first night out .i hope theyll be ok

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You’re still way ahead of me! My dumb ass had to start again from square one! Don’t give up on the one that’s halfway alive. Screw it, take a towel out there dig it up, Wrap it up and Carry It home and plug it in the soil. These things are amazingly tough. Even I have a hard time killing them!

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

you can make a cheaper living soil using a concentrate like natures living soil and some potting soil. its a just add water grow medium.

See, I like this, stuff like this is what you should be doing if anything more than the basics

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Blueberry is the demanding needy diva in the Indica world $0.02. Not my first choice for out doors. Not to suggest they can't do well out in the elements.

For soil FF Ocean forest PH neutral soils, with no shortage of any elements. The Blueberry is touchy with dips in PH. eep PH in check. Other genetics do fine with some sway in soil PH. Blueberry will be ringing the bell. When grown well its highly rewarding. Thats the payoff. I have some of the original Dj Shorts on order.

Last edited:
Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Do you know if blueberry muffins by Humboldt seed co is similarly difficult? Curious cause I got some clones and am considering using them for rotations.

Edit: also ocean forest is great soil, I have used it many many times before

Blueberry is the demanding needy diva in the Indica world $0.02. Not my first choice for out doors. Not to suggest they can't do well out in the elements.

For soil FF Ocean forest PH neutral soils, with no shortage of any elements. The Blueberry is touchy with dips in PH. eep PH in check. Other genetics do fine with some sway in soil PH. Blueberry will be ringing the bell. When grown well its highly rewarding. Thats the payoff. I have some of the original Dj Shorts on order.

DevinA95

DevinA95

DevinA95

DevinA95

I remember about 7 years ago my step-dad got some bubba kush seeds from his buddy and randomly had a Blueberry seed in the batch I thought about it and I thought it was a funny coincidence that when I ordered my bubba seeds they sent me 3 Blueberry for free. I was more excited about the Blueberry forsure but atleast I'm not taking much of a loss if it doesn't go well. His turned out good and it was very good smoke I'm going to really watch this last one. Maybe I could just put the bubbas out and finish the Blueberry in my grow box. Like a micro grow. If they don't do well outside then I'd be more than happy to keep the last Blueberry inside. I was planning on putting an auto in there after these ones are out but I definitely want to get something from atleast one of these blueberries .

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

No doubt BB is one of the finer smokes out there. I like it a lot. It won't impress you while its growing it until the final few weeks it chunks up nice and fat and the buds become super dense and hard as rock candy.

I'm only familiar with Djs and Sagamartha genetics. There oldschool but I can link you to my bank that still produce seeds with original lineages. Research those two breeders there well respected to people familiar with them.

RE Blueberry Muffins. I can't comment on that but going by the name it sounds like a hybrid? Chances are some of the typical bluberry "insecurities" won't exist? Probably better to check in on grows around the interwebs.

Screenshot 1405
DevinA95

DevinA95

No doubt BB is one of the finer smokes out there. I like it a lot. It won't impress you while its growing it until the final few weeks it chunks up nice and fat and the buds become super dense and hard as rock candy.

I'm only familiar with Djs and Sagamartha genetics. There oldschool but I can link you to my bank that still produce seeds with original lineages. Research those two breeders there well respected to people familiar with them.

RE Blueberry Muffins. I can't comment on that but going by the name it sounds like a hybrid? Chances are some of the typical bluberry "insecurities" won't exist? Probably better to check in on grows around the interwebs.

I ordered mine from Seedsman with alot of good reviews and so far they've been fine but I put them out and they go to sh*t go figure. Id appreciate a link to where you use forsure. I'm always lookin on other websites. But so far nothing that really saves my money or anything. When I started them I used happy frog and it worked great. Now I'm excited about finishing this one off inside.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If temps are going to drop to low 40s f cover your plant to protect it till warmer weather sets in, were im at we dont put our plants out till after Memorial day, today 90f tommorow 60f with lows in 40s it looks ok size just cover it and it will be fine.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

I ordered mine from Seedsman with alot of good reviews and so far they've been fine but I put them out and they go to sh*t go figure. Id appreciate a link to where you use forsure. I'm always lookin on other websites. But so far nothing that really saves my money or anything. When I started them I used happy frog and it worked great. Now I'm excited about finishing this one off inside.
I get them at peekseedsbc. The breeder gets respect and I'd also vouch for him.

I grew there BB and the skunkberry, a strain crossed with their blueberry and house skunk. At least a half dozen times.

I also got these kushskunks from there. 10/15 seeds made it. But in honesty I was a bit careless when I germed. So far Im real happy with how there doing (not a shocker). The prices are way fair if that's of high importance while making a choice. Personally I've spent 30 bucks or up to 200 on seeds from Europe so it has nothing to do with choice at all in that respect.

20210526 042033
20210523 021253
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I get them at peekseedsbc. The breeder gets respect and I'd also vouch for him.

I grew there BB and the skunkberry, a strain crossed with their blueberry and house skunk. At least a half dozen times.

I also got these kushskunks from there. 10/15 seeds made it. But in honesty I was a bit careless when I germed. So far Im real happy with how there doing (not a shocker). The prices are way fair if that's of high importance while making a choice. Personally I've spent 30 bucks or up to 200 on seeds from Europe so it has nothing to do with choice at all in that respect.
very nice and healthy looking!!!

Rooke

Rooke

very nice and healthy looking!!!
You’re still way ahead of me! My dumb ass had to start again from square one! Don’t give up on the one that’s halfway alive. Screw it, take a towel out there dig it up, Wrap it up and Carry It home and plug it in the soil. These things are amazingly tough. Even I have a hard time killing them!
Honestly dude you are just starting I would just get some normal soil that you like. All this extra soil prep stuff and custom amendment mixes are great but it is going to be so much simpler for you to just throw some soil in a pot and put a plant in it.
Hey there Devin just a bit of advice for you. Knowing where you are I would search for Indica strains that have flowering times that are 7-8 weeks I have good success with them 10 weeks is pushing it until the end of October we had 4 frosts by that time last year take care buddy keep trying to grow in pots I use plastic pots wrapped in heavy white poly so the roots don’t get to hot in the sun.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Keep your chin up! You’re not the first person to get run out of a garden with his tail between his legs by some stubborn holes. I did last year. Be thankful it happened now instead of late September.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Keep your chin up! You’re not the first person to get run out of a garden with his tail between his legs by some stubborn holes. I did last year. Be thankful it happened now instead of late September.
I forgot to mention that when I pulled that plant the dirt and roots smelled bad. Isn't this a sign of root rot? Also not sure on how the other one is but its been raining on and off for a couple days. I will find out this evening

DevinA95

DevinA95

I know its been awhile since I've updated anyone but I put out my other 3 yesterday and today they looked like they were doing ok. I top dressed them with worm castings and have them in 7 gallon grow bags
20210615 173658
. So hopefully I'll have better luck with these ones.

20210615 173654
20210615 173651
20210615 173648
20210615 173631
20210615 172919
20210615 172919
Dosifry

Dosifry

Looking good bro!! Trim off some of that insignificant scraggly stuff on the bottom of plant for better air flow if anything. Just the really small shit nested on the bottom of the plant. Glad you pulled through!!

DevinA95

DevinA95

I know its been awhile since I've updated anyone but I put out my other 3 yesterday and today they looked like they were doing ok. I top dressed them with worm castings and have them in 7 gallon grow bagsView attachment 1135858. So hopefully I'll have better luck with these ones.

Right on D! Looks like you’re still out in the woods. Give it hell!
Thanks man👍. Still in the woods lol its hot as hell outside and havnt felt like messing with it much so thats why I think the bottom leaves are so light green and mangled looking. I left them in the space bucket alittle too long. Did let them set under my porch for about a week before taking them out though.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Looking good bro!! Trim off some of that insignificant scraggly stuff on the bottom of plant for better air flow if anything. Just the really small shit nested on the bottom of the plant. Glad you pulled through!!
Thanks man👍. I wasn't sure what to do with it or if it would bounce back. I will clean them up next time I go out in a couple days.

DevinA95

DevinA95

So when I go back to clean the bottom up would I be ok to retop them? Or should I give it some time afterward so I dont shock them too much?

Latest posts

Top Bottom