Theyre first night out .i hope theyll be ok

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

Well I went out yesterday and I dont think the wilted one is going to make it. Oh well I guess. I do have 7 gallon grow bags that I wasn't planning on using but would that be better than putting my other 3 straight in the ground? Just looking at different options

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Might be a good option considering it sounds like you are already having some problems with the native soil.

I'm sorry you might have a loss, unfortunately it happens. Consider it more experience, I have lost more weed than I can count. I just had to throw out some nice clones that had just popped roots because I forgot to plug my cloner back in. I have seen an entire fifty foot greenhouse lost to mold because I didn't roll my plastic up two feet.

Stuff happens is all I'm getting at. Even the best growers in the world make mistakes sometimes. Keep goin, you will do great!

DevinA95

DevinA95

Might be a good option considering it sounds like you are already having some problems with the native soil.

I'm sorry you might have a loss, unfortunately it happens. Consider it more experience, I have lost more weed than I can count. I just had to throw out some nice clones that had just popped roots because I forgot to plug my cloner back in. I have seen an entire fifty foot greenhouse lost to mold because I didn't roll my plastic up two feet.

Stuff happens is all I'm getting at. Even the best growers in the world make mistakes sometimes. Keep goin, you will do great!
Thats exactly how I'm taking it. Figured this year can count as my trial run. Next year I'll be better prepared. I've already learned alot from this grow. I'll go with the grow bags on these other 3

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
How do the other two look? In my humble opinion the three most important things about growing in a hole are number one drainage. You have to fill the hole up halfway with water and see what happens before you do anything. Two. Sunlight. That’s obvious. And three. Don’t get too attached to your plants.

Dosifry

Dosifry

Ya gotta remember fabric bags while they have their benefits they will dry out much faster than plastic. May want to incorporate an amendment such as vermiculite to increase your water holding capacity as well as the sheep manure or worm castings. Lay out a small tarp. It works good for mixing on. I’d start with (2) 5 gal buckets ( or any size buckets to (1) bucket w half manure half vermiculite. I think that will give you what your looking for. Mix it very well.
In my area when I use fabric pots outdoors I bury them in the ground. If you don’t bury them all the way the top rim of the fabric pot that is exposed to the air can wick out moisture from your submerged pot. It you could try surrounding the fabric pots with a good layer of mulch hay or straw to keep the wind from wicking away water.
just a few ideas. If your girls are close to home and get plenty of your attention none of this may be needed. 👍

DevinA95

DevinA95

Well the one is forsure dead (I pulled it) and the other one doesn't look so good. I watered it today but the soil wasn't even dry from last time. More yellow leaves, no growth and wilted leaves. I dont understand why. Maybe just the drainage issue. Either way I will go back out in a couple days but I dont have high hopes. After the next visit depending on how she looks I will probably abandon this place all together and start from scratch at another location. It is what it is and live and learn! Also my apologies for not taking pictures. It slipped my mind while I was out there

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Sounds overwatered. I would try letting them dry out more, but if your soil is not draining there is not a lot you can do there. You might consider digging up those plants and putting them into pots, or at least let them dry out more. Definitely if it is still wet from last time don't water any more.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Sounds overwatered. I would try letting them dry out more, but if your soil is not draining there is not a lot you can do there. You might consider digging up those plants and putting them into pots, or at least let them dry out more. Definitely if it is still wet from last time don't water any more.
I will leave them alone for a couple days and see how it goes. Its been in the 80s these passed few days, I doubt that has anything to do with it but I dont know. The soil wasn't soaked but still slightly damp.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Hope you get some better results. Over/under watering is an easy thing to do and it sucks because they are easy to confuse with each other, both cause wilting, yellowing/dead leaves, slow/no growth. It can be difficult even for people with experience. Like everything else you will learn in time, but it is one of the big ones that really sucks because it causes such a dramatic impact. You will get it though, good luck

DevinA95

DevinA95

So since I'm going to be using the grow bags, would I be better off to make a live soil type? And if so what's a good budget/beginner recipe anyone could recommend?

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Honestly dude you are just starting I would just get some normal soil that you like. All this extra soil prep stuff and custom amendment mixes are great but it is going to be so much simpler for you to just throw some soil in a pot and put a plant in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom