Theyre first night out .i hope theyll be ok

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

Thats a good idea about the peppers and definitely worth a shot. Windchimes not so much for my spot. It is a good idea if you're far enough out I'm sure but I dont think I'm far enough. I sneak in and out all the time and try to stay quiet.
I'm going to try the peppers and mint though!👍

Ollieboy

Ollieboy

Thats a good idea about the peppers and definitely worth a shot. Windchimes not so much for my spot. It is a good idea if you're far enough out I'm sure but I dont think I'm far enough. I sneak in and out all the time and try to stay quiet.

Yeah we’re fortunate to have that as an option. In most places it’d drawn more unwanted attention than the good it does.

I was skeptical about the peppers but they definitely seemed to help. We’d have deer on our trail cams that’d come within 20/30’ of the garden but never had issues with them sampling the goods. Rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels etc would play all around as well but never had issues with anything burrowing inside the fence. I’m sure it’s not foolproof but seem good enough to continue this coming year.

Nice to make some homemade salsa come harvest too 🌶

DevinA95

DevinA95

Yeah we’re fortunate to have that as an option. In most places it’d drawn more unwanted attention than the good it does.

I was skeptical about the peppers but they definitely seemed to help. We’d have deer on our trail cams that’d come within 20/30’ of the garden but never had issues with them sampling the goods. Rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels etc would play all around as well but never had issues with anything burrowing inside the fence. I’m sure it’s not foolproof but seem good enough to continue this coming year.

Nice to make some homemade salsa come harvest too 🌶
I'm going to check on them tomorrow. There is alot of deer trails around and when I was there the other day the moth balls were still there but looked like fresh deer tracks right by them like it might not have even made a difference. Idk how deer think but maybe they won't come back and was just passing through. Back when I was scouting this place I stumbled across a treestand and I made sure to not put them anywhere near it because its in a big enough patch of woods with random openings scattered that it would be very unlikely for them to find my plants except for the sound. I'm really anxious to go see how they're doing and something about covertly guerrilla growing on someone's land makes it 10 times funner to me lol

DevinA95

DevinA95

I'm going to check on them tomorrow. There is alot of deer trails around and when I was there the other day the moth balls were still there but looked like fresh deer tracks right by them like it might not have even made a difference. Idk how deer think but maybe they won't come back and was just passing through. Back when I was scouting this place I stumbled across a treestand and I made sure to not put them anywhere near it because its in a big enough patch of woods with random openings scattered that it would be very unlikely for them to find my plants except for the sound. I'm really anxious to go see how they're doing and something about covertly guerrilla growing on someone's land makes it 10 times funner to me lol
I have 3 more plants i still have yet to put out. Im putting them somewhere completely different. I wonder how much tree coverage is too much? Thats a big problem I have around here too. Finding a place open and secure enough to grow big plants.

Ollieboy

Ollieboy

Deer typically take the path of least resistance so if fencing isn’t an option you could try getting some lay downs & strategically placing them to funnel them in a direction that leads away from the plants as well.

Growing outside certainly has its advantages. The closer we got to harvest last year was pretty rough on my anxiety though & that along with other life events prompted me to try my hand @ the indoor game. Whole different ballgame but I’ve enjoyed the process even though I’ve made plenty of mistakes thus far 😄.

Good luck & I’ll be following along if you plan on keeping this thread going.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Deer typically take the path of least resistance so if fencing isn’t an option you could try getting some lay downs & strategically placing them to funnel them in a direction that leads away from the plants as well.

Growing outside certainly has its advantages. The closer we got to harvest last year was pretty rough on my anxiety though & that along with other life events prompted me to try my hand @ the indoor game. Whole different ballgame but I’ve enjoyed the process even though I’ve made plenty of mistakes thus far 😄.

Good luck & I’ll be following along if you plan on keeping this thread going.
I appreciate it man and let me tell you that I've been nervous wreck sometimes and made my fare share of mistakes along the way but I've been enjoying the whole process. I'll definitely keep you updated if you're interested. I'm no expert on poop but I think I even found bear poop and we don't have too many of those around here. It has hair in it and it was big. Looks like black bear poop on google
20210420 195229

DevinA95

DevinA95

I appreciate it man and let me tell you that I've been nervous wreck sometimes and made my fare share of mistakes along the way but I've been enjoying the whole process. I'll definitely keep you updated if you're interested. I'm no expert on poop but I think I even found bear poop and we don't have too many of those around here. It has hair in it and it was big. Looks like black bear poop on googleView attachment 1121132
I know thats random but I thought it was pretty neat to come across considering I never seen anything like that. I got a better shovel since then too. That one broke trying to dig the first hole

Ollieboy

Ollieboy

I appreciate it man and let me tell you that I've been nervous wreck sometimes and made my fare share of mistakes along the way but I've been enjoying the whole process. I'll definitely keep you updated if you're interested. I'm no expert on poop but I think I even found bear poop and we don't have too many of those around here. It has hair in it and it was big. Looks like black bear poop on googleView attachment 1121132

Fortunately I’d have to go a bit further north to deal with bears & as you, I’m no expert in scat 😄.

Definitely be interested. I’m watching this thread but you’re your also welcome to send me pm’s.

Rooke

Rooke

I know thats random but I thought it was pretty neat to come across considering I never seen anything like that. I got a better shovel since then too. That one broke trying to dig the first hole
heya bro The 2 things I fear most is bears and fire! Grizzlies and Black bears doesn’t matter. Looks like bear scat to me. Carry a big shovel bro. It’s sunny and warm up here in S.E. Ontario today hopefully it’s the same where you’re at.

Rooke

Rooke

heya bro The 2 things I fear most is bears and fire! Grizzlies and Black bears doesn’t matter. Looks like bear scat to me. Carry a big shovel bro. It’s sunny and warm up here in S.E. Ontario today hopefully it’s the same where you’re at.
I spent 40 years living close to the eastern slopes in Alberta hunting and fishing had way too many encounters with grizzlies hungry runt 175 lb grizzlies can take out a 250lb strong man especially in the spring when they’re hungry RIP

DevinA95

DevinA95

Its nice here today thankfully and its a good day to go check on them. A few years ago I remember a picture of a black bear put in our local newspaper that was taken not too far from where my plants are. I totally forgot about it until I found the poop and then I remembered. Could possibly be from the same bear or maybe there are more bears. I was on my way out when I discovered it and I definitely scurried out of there alittle quicker. I'll take my shovel with me today and I'll post pictures of the girls later today to show how they're doing. They probably are loving this sun today considering its been mostly overcast for the past week.

Rooke

Rooke

Can I retop them?
heya Devin nice today and they’re happy but like Nick mentioned I’d wait awhile let those roots get a foothold, and yes give them a feed keep em happy same strength you’re using for a bit as well to be on the safe side. Lookin good bro!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom