Things I have Learned in my 1st year as a Farmer

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I learned that I have a lot to learn, I enjoy learning, and this a great thing to learn.

Less is more
More notes does not equal more plant :(
Don't spray anything with the lights on
Don't treat Coco like soil
Keep what's important and know who's your friend

outwest

some1

some1

I knew it was going to be costly when starting. I did up a budget, and of course quickly found myself needing or thinking I needed something else. Keeping it simple and keeping up on things ( Chores ) are very important. Getting behind can have things turn around very quickly causing nothing but lost $ and time. Also keep it HUSH !!
S1

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
some good points here, First thing I learned being born on a farm is that you work(farm) from crack of dawn to dusk, and there is always something to work on...lol

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

I'm only at 4 months or so, but I'm sayin:

- Those green things over there are your kids (treat em that way)
- Respect your elders (they've been growing longer than you)
- If there's time to lean, it's time to clean (especially under the humidifier in the tent)
- Make sure your thermometer/hygrometer works (then check it a lot)
- Write down your soil and tea recipes (but only if you use soil and tea)
- Plan in advance (you'll need somebody to water the girls during the holidays)
- Sit with your plants for at least 10 min per day (they'll tell you things if you do)
- Think about why you're doing what you're doing (in both general and specific ways)
- KIF. Keep It Fun while you're keeping it simple.

G

GotGreen

Amazing thread, Still a noob here but almost ready to go for my first. Soaking up all the knowledge from you guys so hopefully it'll be a success. Looking forward to 2012! :smiley_joint:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Welcome to the Farm GotGreen.;passing bong;.......:animbong:
This IS The Place to get Knowledge!

Yep great stuff Brothers!

Here is one that is so simple but great to learn when growing in soil

To avoid over watering...don't go with tooo big of a pot at 1st..and

Pick up your container plants often and know how heavy they feel when they are in need of water

Kyle K would probably say...

Know your plants..let them talk to you...they will tell you what they need.

icon12.gif

P

paperplane

A few things I learned is pick your "Grow" friends very closely. I have learned there are alot of haters in this game. Especially as time goes on and one becomes more succesfull than the other. I have also learned that no matter how much you think you already know, Or how well you are doing there is always room to learn more and always room for improvement. I also leanred in this game there are a million ways to skin a cat, pick one way that you feel comfortable with and rock it.
Another valuable lesson learned in this game is patience! I think most of us are use to having everything now. This game tought me that good things take time, planning and lots of patience... "If patience is a virtue, Then time is not meant to hurt you".

S

Steel Erection

In my first year I learned that everything that can go wrong will. Ya got to work the kinks out. Treat every cutting like it has mites. Weekly pest management.-SE

Top Bottom