Third Grow. First Journal. Reserva Privada Sour OG Kush Feminized.

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

Hey @happy b ! No offence taken. That's why I wrote some of the experienced guys will chime in. I keep forgetting that my grow space has so much air circulating that my plants dry twenty minutes after spraying. Also my rh is at 40-50% so I don't fear bud rot or any other problems considering high humidity. I also spray only when the pots are dry and it's not their time to feed to buy me a day.

H

happy b

Aaahh(in whistfull voice) to have loads of space.i have an enclosed cupboard and spraying late on is tantamount to murder!lol.your lucky u have the freedom to do such things so late on toaster.im envious of a lot of the cats on heres spaces.thers some real crackers(dr dre and sixstring spring to mind)

ClassV

ClassV

Are my eyes going or has ole yeller got a better calyx to leaf ratio?

Ole Yeller was a real beauty back in the day, Happy! LOL. Yes, she did have a better Calyx to leaf ratio than Plant #2, and looked to be a good yielder before I messed up. She has been eating like a horse the last two days, and is actually getting some green back in those devastated top fans! A more experienced coco grower would have sorted out the Calcium/Fulvic issue faster… or probably not made the mistake in the first place. To far along to get her back to form, but I’m going to run SK again, and work on technique rather than tackling another strain.

I really can’t complain about the plants. The problems here have all been related to the grower, not the breeder. And I'm very grateful for the sound advice you and others have offered along the way. :)

RG420

RG420

Wow CV they've come along abit now mate, and tbh I'd just let em do there thing now and Finnish up, lessons learned for next run! :D gotta agree with happy about spraying late in flower dude to much chance of rot! Ohhh ! well done on getting another tent won't be no stopping ya now!

ClassV

ClassV

Hi RG. Happy Holidays to you as well, man! Sorry for not updating, but been in the grind with the season and with work, not to mention the plants. I chopped last Saturday at day 72. They are hung up and drying right now. Got four more seedlings on the go.

Not sure how the buds from these will turn out. Old Yeller barely made it. The other plant did much better. I took some pics the night before the chop, and a few after hanging them. I’ll try to get em posted up soon.

Did a smoke test on an airy little bud from a lower branch off of Old Yeller. The smoke was surprisingly smooth for a quick dry. The potency was surprising. I’ll test another bud before jarring em. Given the problems I ran into at week 7, I’m feeling pretty good about how it turned out, but the next run will be better!

RG420

RG420

I think you'll have some good bud to smoke either way fella! And I wouldn't get to hung up on it with ya first run bro they are very hard girls to pleases when ya hit 4 weeks flower i think, mine are yellowing out on the top canopy at the min so I'm going through elimination to figure it out, but I think they are cal mag junkies come 4 weeks in flower.... Still I'm pretty happy with em and I'll be running 2 selected cuts from my stretchy phenos which look to yeild well, and I also kept a cut of the slow short pheno just incase she produces some tasty smoke! Give us a min and I'll pop some pics up if ya like I'm 5 weeks in flower at min. :D

RG420

RG420

This is them at week 4....

Bud at week 5

Stretch caught me out on em but I'll be ready next time!

ClassV

ClassV

Looking good RG!!! It's amazing how frosty they get. How do you manage rigging the screen in your tent?

Yeah, the stretch is a pisser, but it looks like you set up nicely to get the canopy in line. The yellowing issues with the top leaves started at about week 7 for me. One plant had it much worse than the other. I'm intrigued that you have seen some of the same signs.

RG420

RG420

Cheers bro they still doing there thing considering, the pea netting I just cut to size and cable tied it to each corner on the poles in the tent. I'm gunna do a proper scrog with the cuts :)
The yellowing top canopy is a strange one.... I'm still in two minds weather it's simply they need extra calmag or it's lights off temps need to be higher to avoid lock out! At first I thought light bleach but I'm only running a 400w duel spec and it's about 12" away so not sure on that! I did give a hit of calmag yesterday and will next couple feeds to see if that helps and iv upped my night time temps to 71*f to see if that helps other wise I'll not keep her as I don't get this problem with other strains...

ClassV

ClassV

Don't give up on em till you try the smoke, RG. Old Yeller looked like hell at the end, but that sample bud was pretty impressive!

It seems like a micro lockout of some kind. In my case it seemed like sulfur at first, then I noticed what looked like K def as well. Runoff PH in coco is not a reliable measure of anything, but given that, I thought my runoff was very acidic. Below 5.5 Orcaman mentioned that his OG 18 looks rough at the end, but the bud comes in right on time. That seems to be the case with my grow. The buds look good.

I'll get more pics up soon. Promise!

ClassV

ClassV

The buds went into the jars last Friday after a six day dry. Smoked some of the swag buds in the meantime, and remain impressed with the potency. Not much smell, but the taste is very nice and smooth. I’ll know more about em when I sample one of the better buds that are currently curing.

I was surprised by the yield. A little over 4ozs between the two of them after hanging for 6 days, roughly the same amount I kept from the AK48 grow. Very dense. No signs of hermie action, even after a pretty rough run. Out of the yield, I’m confident that the buds from the colas on Plant #2 include over 1 oz of some REALLY nice smoke. Not so sure about Old Yeller. The potency is definitely there for every bud I jarred, of that I am convinced. The smell is pretty much what other folks have described. Kind of chemical, sour… pine. Plant #2 has the best aroma. As mentioned, the smell is somewhat muted, which I think has more to do with the grower than the plant. Very sticky when you bust them up.

Given the difference between Old Yeller and Plant #2 in regards to the yellowing… I suspect Old Yeller got sick, probably due to some kind of error on my part. I just stayed with a balanced feed to the bitter end, and she delivered some pretty potent buds. Not as nice as Plant #2, but it has the pop. I really like the meds

No way I get these results without some great advice from RG, Happy, and MRB on employing LST and lolly popping. Those techniques will stay in my game.
DSCN00531

DSCN00541

RG420

RG420

CV that's a great result! And all that hard work has paid off with bud that hits your spot! As they say onwards an upwards! :D I think you should really run some more again bro I know I will be running another pack at some point! Oh I'm being lazy how long did you let em go for? If I was living over there I'd gift you the cuts of mine I have some serious mouth watering Terps spilling out my tent at the min! :D

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks, RG! Yeah, I'm real happy and a little surprised how well the buds smoke and taste given the struggles during weeks 7 and 8. I took them at 72 days. Didn't want to push Old Yeller out any further than that. Did the last few days on water only. I think the issue with the aroma has more to do with the grow than the plants. Never did get that power smell like you and other folks who have grown these out describe. They smell dank if I rub or break them up, but it doesn't fill the room by any means. But I can correct that with a better effort. In the meantime, hey... I'll take the stealth.

I'd take those cuts off your hands in a skinny second, Brother! I have no doubt that if mine are this potent, then surely you must have some fire on your hands! But, being as I am on the west side of the pond, I popped 4 more beans and got em on the go. Selecting two tomorrow to pot up. And damned if they are not fussy little bitches too! But I ain't skeered... :D

H

happy b

They turned out really good CV .you,v done amazing for a third grow . you seem to have a good understanding of the plants needs and such . on my third grow I was just flinging a few fem beans into organic soil give em simple 2 part organic nutes switch the light cycle wen needed and hope for the best . In fact that's more or less still what I do .just with a few extra engredients added to the "recipe".lol.

Top Bottom