This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Also dawned on me that it's a bit of a bonus doing the phenohunt of reg seeds in these 1 gal coco pots. I can just pack the room for veg and pull the males without ever having to worry about transplanting, Instead you just give them more waterings as they get bigger. So I should still be able to get a decent fill on the room even with male pulling, that's my hope anyway. Timing should work out perfect so I can pick the nicest looking ones and put them outside to flower and collect the pollen from them.

Sadly for me I limited myself to 18 plants with 3 outlets and the size of pump I have. Damned if I do so now I just play the root clone and flip to pull males trick. Cause hand watering in flower....just no.

Can't wait to see what these do for ya.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sadly for me I limited myself to 18 plants with 3 outlets and the size of pump I have. Damned if I do so now I just play the root clone and flip to pull males trick. Cause hand watering in flower....just no.

Can't wait to see what these do for ya.

Yeah that's how I've always done it too. This system allows for 24 irrigation sites, I'll start with 28 plants and handwater 4 of them until they're sexed. I'm waiting on roots on a couple more larger phenos of FZ and HBCM to round out the room.
Pretty excited to see what comes of these. The room will be 2x HBCM, 2x forbidden zkittlez, 1 dragon cheese and whatever I get for females of BMS and Dragons Garlic breath.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Went to grab a couple things from the grow store and fell into this floraflex fertilizer stuff... It seems really, really expensive for what it is but I'm friends with the owner and he offered it up to me half price, sooo I figured what the hell. That's still expensive in my mind but I'm almost out of nutes and I figured why not... Hey? why not! yeah!!! whyTF not. Apparently he has ben getting phenomenal reviews from everyone who has tried it so far.

20200817 182845

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Nice!. Let me know how you like it. Just reversed it for a homie a couple days ago for the same reason lol. You going to run their schedule or do your own thing? I think he is running strait off theirs.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice!. Let me know how you like it. Just reversed it for a homie a couple days ago for the same reason lol. You going to run their schedule or do your own thing? I think he is running strait off theirs.
Their EC recommendations are kind of high compared to what I usually run, more suitable for plants in a greenhouse under sun than indoors I think. But I'll run the nutes as a base pretty much based on their recommended ratios but with a reduced EC all the way through. Granted a little MPK boost before stretch. Plus I'll probably start using triacontanol again.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Has your friend run the floraflex line already @cemchris? Im curious to hear how it does, there isnt much about it from users online.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Aug 16th they looked like this;
20200816 182551

Today is Aug 20th and they look like this;
20200820 182203

I'm pretty surprised how fast they're growing. But I've been dealing with high heat and low humidity, and my humidifier stopped working so I've got a bit of leaf edge curl and slight taco action going on. Rain today so finally getting some humidity in the room. Hopefully straightens things out lol.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Aug 16th they looked like this;
View attachment 1019490

Today is Aug 20th and they look like this;
View attachment 1019489

I'm pretty surprised how fast they're growing. But I've been dealing with high heat and low humidity, and my humidifier stopped working so I've got a bit of leaf edge curl and slight taco action going on. Rain today so finally getting some humidity in the room. Hopefully straightens things out lol.
Seems like we are all dealing with this heat. 95+ all week and continuing for the next 2 weeks. Miserable. Looking good though. Happy grows.
Burnz

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Seems like we are all dealing with this heat. 95+ all week and continuing for the next 2 weeks. Miserable. Looking good though. Happy grows.
Burnz
Yeah it's been brutal the last few weeks. Plants are ok, a bit neglected if anything since I've been so busy with my new business, and its a bit packed in there trying to keep it under one light for a few more days... They're doing ok. I'll say that. Not perfect. But it rarely ever is haha.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yeah it's been brutal the last few weeks. Plants are ok, a bit neglected if anything since I've been so busy with my new business, and its a bit packed in there trying to keep it under one light for a few more days... They're doing ok. I'll say that. Not perfect. But it rarely ever is haha.
If everything was perfect, it’d be too easy haha. Looking great dirtbag.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My good friend and work mentor passed away a couple months ago. He was a hugely influential man in my life as a young adult living far away from home and taught me almost everything I know about mechanics and machining, fabrication and equipment repair. Yesterday I found out that he left me his welders and his oxy/acetylene torch set. I'm feeling humbled and reflective today... I use these a lot at work but it's very nice to finally have my own equipment, particularly since I recently started my own business. I was actually just looking at welders no more than a week ago.
Thanks Craig, I'll put them to good use.

Nice to have both the Arc welder for thick stuff and the low AMP MIG for everything else. Need to get more practice on the torch.. I can cut with one but I want to learn how to braze with silver and bronze a bit better.

Anyway just thought I'd share.

20200821 163947
20200821 163914
20200821 164001
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My good friend and work mentor passed away a couple months ago. He was a hugely influential man in my life as a young adult living far away from home and taught me almost everything I know about mechanics and machining, fabrication and equipment repair. Yesterday I found out that he left me his welders and his oxy/acetylene torch set. I'm feeling humbled and reflective today... I use these a lot at work but it's very nice to finally have my own equipment, particularly since I recently started my own business. I was actually just looking at welders no more than a week ago.
Thanks Craig, I'll put them to good use.

Nice to have both the Arc welder for thick stuff and the low AMP MIG for everything else. Need to get more practice on the torch.. I can cut with one but I want to learn how to braze with silver and bronze a bit better.

Anyway just thought I'd share.

Wow thats pretty awesome man. Meaningful and valuable.

Top Bottom