This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheKushie

TheKushie

Evening farmers. Thought I'd give you all a glimpse Into dirtbags garden!
This is a licensed medical grow, 9 plants in flower. 4 platinum cookies and 5 Pre-98 Bubba.

Right now they're under 2x 1000w eye hortilux lamps semi (but not quite) stadium style, temps 22-26c, 40-50% humidity. 8x8' canopy.

Growing in 7 gallon pots of proterra peat/perlite mix amended with half a cup of gaia green 4-4-4 and a cup of worm castings each. Feeding is floranova grow/bloom and massive bloom for a total of 1.6ec, 6.2-6.3ph, on a feed-feed-water cycle.. But I'm going to run the grow formula and massive for the rest of the run and cut out floranova bloom. Just to see what happens.

I'll update as things progress.. just rounded the corner on week 3. And they're starting to pick up a little frost already which is nice to see. The burnt pistil tips are from my sulphur burner... I send them off into week 3 with a good burn.

View attachment 858717 View attachment 858718 View attachment 858719 View attachment 858720 View attachment 858721 View attachment 858722
Lovely crystals you got going there. Are you Carbo loading them with feed and water?

TheKushie

TheKushie

Lol... it went the other way around in Canada. I've never given a F**k about having a license until Canada legalized. Our sentences for breaking the cannabis act laws are very serious now. And I'm not handicapping myself to a 4 plant limit when a doc apt is a Skype call away lol.

For maintenance... yeah, I crawl between the rows. For pruning i can push the middle row to one side so i can stand up if need be. But honestly once my flower prune is done the only thing that goes in there is the watering wand.
Your set up is awesome but have you looked into auto pots. You can get rid of the wand and watering after your prune.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sounds like a great man.

He was one of a kind. Dying breed from a different generation. Was a master at everything he did and could make absolutely anything work if it was broken. And I mean anything. Unstoppable work ethic and had the most intelligent quick witted sense of black humor. He would offend half the crowd with his jokes while the other half were just dying laughing...
He is missed. Kinda hurt yesterday trying to figure out his MIG, I wished I could just call him to ask him about it..

Funny though I thought the old fucker probably has a manual for it here somewhere.. sure enough it was in the bottom droor of the roller table it's on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

He was one of a kind. Dying breed from a different generation. Was a master at everything he did and could make absolutely anything work if it was broken. And I mean anything. Unstoppable work ethic and had the most intelligent quick witted sense of black humor. He would offend half the crowd with his jokes while the other half were just dying laughing...
He is missed.
Sounds like my grandfather. Absolutely nailed when you say one of a kind and they sure don't make em like they used. My grandfather always said... hard work builds character. I can say he couldn't be more right.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lovely crystals you got going there. Are you Carbo loading them with feed and water?
I dont add any outside carb sources.
I use bennies and carbs disrupt the symbiosis between the roots and the bacteria. Best if bacteria become addicted to carbs from the roots only and just try and grow a healthy, high brix plant.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
He is missed. Kinda hurt yesterday trying to figure out his MIG, I wished I could just call him to ask him about it..

Funny though I thought the old fucker probably has a manual for it here somewhere.. sure enough it was in the bottom droor of the roller table it's on.

definitely a different type of man from the previous generations. grit in spades and work ethic is something you just cant teach. My grandfather was of that blood as well. German immigrant who came over after the horrors of what was happening in germany and poland during WW2. Built his home from scratch, raised all his own meat, rabbit was his main one. Could cook some mean rabbit tacos. He had acreage in what is now tigard in oregon. His property was such an amazing place, and now its a parking lot of a medical building. I wish when i was a kid i had paid more attention to all the little skills and knowledge that a stroke and then death took. was a codgy old bastard for shit, got himself kicked outta several nursing homes lol. but Ive never seen anyone outwork him.

Those memories are ones to cherish for sure. gonna have to send some blunt smoke up in honor of our grandfathers now.

Moshmen

Moshmen

My good friend and work mentor passed away a couple months ago. He was a hugely influential man in my life as a young adult living far away from home and taught me almost everything I know about mechanics and machining, fabrication and equipment repair. Yesterday I found out that he left me his welders and his oxy/acetylene torch set. I'm feeling humbled and reflective today... I use these a lot at work but it's very nice to finally have my own equipment, particularly since I recently started my own business. I was actually just looking at welders no more than a week ago.
Thanks Craig, I'll put them to good use.

Nice to have both the Arc welder for thick stuff and the low AMP MIG for everything else. Need to get more practice on the torch.. I can cut with one but I want to learn how to braze with silver and bronze a bit better.

Anyway just thought I'd share.
Sorry to hear bout your friend death always sux! He left you awsome equipment you will have the rest of your life to remember him! A little jealous I like those old thunderbolts ! Lol
I’m a card holding toolmaker/fabricator brazing and silver soldering are almost lost arts. Good luck on your business adventure it’s never easy but very rewarding

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sorry to hear bout your friend death always sux! He left you awsome equipment you will have the rest of your life to remember him! A little jealous I like those old thunderbolts ! Lol
I’m a card holding toolmaker/fabricator brazing and silver soldering are almost lost arts. Good luck on your business adventure it’s never easy but very rewarding

Thanks mosh. We knew it was coming for a while and I'm happy that hes not in pain anymore. The poor guy had stenosis really bad and all kinds of other back issues from an accident many years ago.

I'll share the story..
So back in the 70's he was a heavy duty mechanic for a logging company and his primary job was to be flown into remote areas to assemble heavy equipment that had been helicoptered in piece by piece.
On this occasion he had been flown about 2000 feet up a mountain to reassemble an excavator on new timberlands. By himself.
3 days into the job he was underneath the machine when it came off its supports and came down on him, breaking his back and pinning him under the machine. He was able to radio to the base at the bottom of the mountain that had had an accident but because of bad weather the helicopter couldnt get to him, and he was stuck there for 3 whole days. The funny part is he was a heavy smoker, and his biggest concern was running out of cigarettes, which he did since he smoked a lot while he was pinned, it was the only thing he could do...

When the helicopter arrived on the 3rd day it circled around the site, got in really low over the excavator, the door of the helicopter opened and a guy leaned out and threw a half dozen packs of smokes at him, then took off again.
It came back 20 min later and landed so they could extract him. He was furious and demanded to know wtf they were thinking. Of course they all knew Craig really well, and his legendary temper, and they said Craig, we knew youd be in a bad mood, but we also knew youd have no smokes left and nobody wanted to deal with you until you were able to have one first to calm down lol.

The 70's sure were a different time...

That accident left him with crippling pain for the rest of his life.

And thanks Mosh, yeah this thunderbolt is an awesome little welder. Ive been using it already for years at work since he left it at the golf club for me to use. Running +DC with 6013 I can weld some really thin shit with it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
definitely a different type of man from the previous generations. grit in spades and work ethic is something you just cant teach. My grandfather was of that blood as well. German immigrant who came over after the horrors of what was happening in germany and poland during WW2. Built his home from scratch, raised all his own meat, rabbit was his main one. Could cook some mean rabbit tacos. He had acreage in what is now tigard in oregon. His property was such an amazing place, and now its a parking lot of a medical building. I wish when i was a kid i had paid more attention to all the little skills and knowledge that a stroke and then death took. was a codgy old bastard for shit, got himself kicked outta several nursing homes lol. but Ive never seen anyone outwork him.

Those memories are ones to cherish for sure. gonna have to send some blunt smoke up in honor of our grandfathers now.
Thanks for sharing that man. They sound like the same guy honestly... Codgy is a great descriptor lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Methinks it's time to spread these fuckers out and throw up a second light.

20200822 191925

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Me too. These plants are lookin strong, I think they're about 4 and a half weeks old at this point from cracking their shell. Another week and a bit and I'll take cuts and flip em, see what we got here.
Mine are about the same age. Popped 7/19. Looking forward to the winter wonderland.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Kept the nicest forbidden zkittlez male to dust the FZ fem phenos. I dont think I'll do a lot of crossbreeding until I run these out a few times to somewhat stabilize them, Being these are BX1's already I'm not sure what I'm gonna get, do you have any insight to share in that regard @Dragonsflame? I'd like to grow the seeds out and back cross a male with the nicest female from this generation.
Funny, all my outdoor males are flowering at different times. Mighty god pollen was harvested a week ago and chopped down, I'll take pollen from this stud in a few days. HBCM is just starting to flower, and the dragon cheese hasnt even preflowers yet lol. Weird.
20200822 202731

Top Bottom