This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Done and dusted! I have a feeling I'm going to get a bit of cross pollination and some pollen blowing around the room but I'm ok with that. I hit the platinum cookies, HBCM, and FZ ladies with the FZ pollen, and brushed an entire branch each, took them outside and tried to blow off as much excess as possible before returning them to the room.

I'm really excited to see what the Forbidden zkittles x platinum cookies does.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sounds outstanding! There's something really satisfying about pollen chucking.
There truly is. I'm just going to focus on making some F1's and F2's for now, but next year I'm getting more plants on my license for outdoor so I can really start to muck about. I dont want to go beyond f2 trying to stabilize a line until I have a large plant count to work with, and know the strains a bit better by experimenting with the crosses a bit first.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, that F2 selection is a fun process. Are you doing a cheese project?
Yes, but I dont have a cheese poppa so I'm going to hit a cheese pheno with the Dragons garlic breath. At the moment I'm just trying to combine terp profiles that I think will be compatible, in some cases based on description alone, nevertheless. I know the Forbidden zkittlez and platinum cookies are both deadly and should work very well together.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yes, but I dont have a cheese poppa so I'm going to hit a cheese pheno with the Dragons garlic breath. At the moment I'm just trying to combine terp profiles that I think will be compatible, in some cases based on description alone, nevertheless. I know the Forbidden zkittlez and platinum cookies are both deadly and should work very well together.

You should call it Dirty Garlic Cheese! That sounds rank as fuck.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
There's definitely a "proud papa" kind of feel to it! Picking the keeper phenos of the UNP (which also needs a better name haha) and watching them start to bloom has been deeply satisfying.

Totally. A big part of it too is just getting some of these genetics locked into seed form for future use. My platinum cookies is one I really fear losing one day, it's almost a ball and chain trying to keep it alive. It will be nice to know I have seeds that if I sift through enough of them, I can find a plant like her in the future.
Plus, I also just think this is gonna be an awesome cross. PC just reeks like fuel and wine gums candy, plus its extremely hardy, and the FZ just stinks like berries and tropical fruit. Some phenos have an orange creamsicle smell. Tentative name for the cross is Platinum roze.

I think the F2 lot of forbidden zkittlez will be a wicked pile to hunt through too, its heritage is something else, California black roze, mendo royal and forbidden fruit. Even when I start seeing a ton o wild diversity in the seeds I expect I'll find some real winners to keep as clone onlys.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just listened to a 2.5hr long interview with breeder Steve on the future cannabis project page on youtube. Took away a very interesting tip he let out regarding powdery mildew.

He says it's the easiest problem to overcome by simply increasing temps to 35 celcius for 10 mins a day for a week, then once every few days, then once a week.

Thought that was a very cool trick that would be hugely benificial for folks that cannot employ a sulphur burner.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gotta say, this current grow is getting a bit ridiculous lol. The plants are all over the map, some are hungry, some are overfed, some are barely drinking, some are going dry between waterings... This is gonna become a real shitshow I think.... Especially since I went au natural... almost no pruning. I've already had to super crop garlic 1 the top bolted so tall...

Gonna be some real messy photos comin up lol...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Gotta say, this current grow is getting a bit ridiculous lol. The plants are all over the map, some are hungry, some are overfed, some are barely drinking, some are going dry between waterings... This is gonna become a real shitshow I think.... Especially since I went au natural... almost no pruning. I've already had to super crop garlic 1 the top bolted so tall...

Gonna be some real messy photos comin up lol...

That sounds like my usual grow. ;-)

I own around 15 1 gallon pitchers with lids. And a bag of measuring pipettes.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That sounds like my usual grow. ;-)

I own around 15 1 gallon pitchers with lids. And a bag of measuring pipettes.

Thats about how I imagine this "should" be managed lol.... The automated watering is far less than ideal here, but being in 1 gal pots I dont have much choice. Cest la vie...

I'm starting to feel like @Aqua Man did on his last grow... I'm ready to move on to the next one, already...

dire wolf

dire wolf

Thats about how I imagine this "should" be managed lol.... The automated watering is far less than ideal here, but being in 1 gal pots I dont have much choice. Cest la vie...

I'm starting to feel like @Aqua Man did on his last grow... I'm ready to move on to the next one, already...
Hey dirtbag , I feel for ya , that's what happens when you make little excuses in the grow room , I do it all the time ....oh I'll just start a few seeds here , keep these beautiful clones over there , top this one ....just overwater that one a pinch before you know it your in the insane asylum...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The plants will always call the shots.

Yeas they will... Sometimes they play nice and sometimes not. In this case... Not so much. It's why I always try to start with cuttings that are about the same size using strains with similar growth patterns. Last grow the only odd one out was Violator. This grow is weird so far, the garlics are all quite different, But yeah it's the mix of 2 strains from seed, numerous cuttings of other strains, plus really young clones of the seed plants... it's nuts. lol
Hey dirtbag , I feel for ya , that's what happens when you make little excuses in the grow room , I do it all the time ....oh I'll just start a few seeds here , keep these beautiful clones over there , top this one ....just overwater that one a pinch before you know it your in the insane asylum...

You got that right man lol.

Top Bottom