This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That looks real handy. Nice work.
Its all about efficiency. When youre out in the back 40 and there is like 3 trees to weedeat or something stupid, its just easier to hop off the mower and do it while youre back there rather than making the weedeater person walk all the way out there.

I have to admit fabrication is something i have a ton of fun with. There is nothing like starting with an old rusty pile of scrap metal and making something that looks like it came from the factory like that lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Here is what it looked like before. This was an old scrap fairway gang mower i scabbed the metal from.

20200922 140456
20200922 140547

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thought Id share todays project. Im pretty happy with how it turned out!

Some of my contracts are enormous properties and i wanted a way to bring the weedeater with me when im out on the mower, so i made up a couple weedeater mounts to put on my Kubota. Even had kubota grey paint so it all matches lol.View attachment 1034540View attachment 1034541View attachment 1034542View attachment 1034543
Nice work if ya ever need work in warmer weather ya let me know! Creative people are nonexistent here, unless it involves face/neck tattoos or multiple piercings ! Lmao

dire wolf

dire wolf

I don't know the more I think , there was a whole bunch of shit going on at that time with marc etc. and whole bunch of steve's seeds or clones got stolen by one of marc guys, and they started selling under Federation Seed Co I think, thats where the name Island came into it. they renamed it Island sweet skunk. so I would say its not steve's true sweet skunk.
That sounds right
I've seen plenty of island sweet skunk , but only a long time after I was growing breeder Steve genetics

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey dirtbag , I'm going to pm you , I got a question about angle grinder blades , maybe you can help ......
The one I got is trying to kill me 😂
Lol yeah they do that sometimes. I saw one explode and a piece of the blade nearly split a guys hand in half right down the middle between his fingers.
Old Craig, lol the tough old bastard wrapped it up in blue shop towels and duct tape and drove himself to get stitches. Came back the same day and put a new blade on his grinder and went right back to it. lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol this grow keeps sputtering and making fart noises..
Had to pull a plant out today, something is killing it. Doesnt seem to have spread that I can tell yet. But who knows a week or two from now. Ive notice it getting a bit pale for a week or so now but today i was like ok this aint right, pulled it out and looked at the roots, there are tons of tiny white bugs in the rootzone, havent identified them yet. Theyre about the size of a really big thrips with no visible legs and two tiny antennae, and theyre quick. Cant get a pic. Hopefully they havent travelled anywhere... Too late to treat and i cant get botanigard anymore. Fingers firmly crossed.🤞

I might plant this one outside and see what happens.
20200924 192930

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Had to pull a plant out today, something is killing it. Doesnt seem to have spread that I can tell yet. But who knows a week or two from now. Ive notice it getting a bit pale for a week or so now but today i was like ok this aint right, pulled it out and looked at the roots, there are tons of tiny white bugs in the rootzone, havent identified them yet. Theyre about the size of a really big thrips with no visible legs and two tiny antennae, and theyre quick. Cant get a pic. Hopefully they havent travelled anywhere... Too late to treat and i cant get botanigard anymore. Fingers firmly crossed.🤞

I might plant this one outside and see what happens. View attachment 1035661

That sucks, sounds like something one of my buddies had, but the bigger ones seemed to hang out on the main stem. I don't no what they were, but they were kind of oval, not quite round, really white, two tiny antennae, they have legs but you have to pick them up with something to see them. not sure if they were in one of his soils or if he got them from outside.

FourthCity

FourthCity

I might plant this one outside and see what happens. View attachment 1035661
Springtails maybe? Those suckers jump so far and fast it seems like they teleport.
folsomia-candida-large.jpg

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They are harmless and just a nuisance. They eat rotting roots and mold and such. They are very common in topsoil.

When i used ocean forest i learned to live with them. They disapear with pro mix. No leaf mold.

Tons of info out there. I picked this at random but good info inside.

FourthCity

FourthCity

How do you get rid of those f#*cker ? I've never seen them .....
They are harmless and just a nuisance. They eat rotting roots and mold and such. They are very common in topsoil.

When i used ocean forest i learned to live with them. They disapear with pro mix. No leaf mold.

Tons of info out there. I picked this at random but good info inside.
They are resistant to everything. Dont have organics in the soil seems to be the best preventative.

Although they may have come in because of a leak. Dripping pipe or something. They are attracted to moisture.
They eat mold and mildew so they were probably feasting on whatever was infecting the sick plant. The better your home is sealed and the less favorable the conditions are for mold the less likely you will have an issue with springtails. That being said I think they are ubiquitous enough that they can pretty much be found in at least small numbers in just about every home.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They eat mold and mildew so they were probably feasting on whatever was infecting the sick plant. The better your home is sealed and the less favorable the conditions are for mold the less likely you will have an issue with springtails. That being said I think they are ubiquitous enough that they can pretty much be found in at least small numbers in just about every home.
Im hoping you are right about them eating whatever was killing the plant rather than they are what is killing the plant. This one plant has been struggling the last couple weeks, didnt stretch at all and started getting chlorotic from bottom up. Rest of the plants look fine.
Apparently Imid kills them dead fwiw, but if they dont harm the plant then no point in that. Curious whats killing it... Its been a steep nosedive the last couple days. leaves drying up and falling off it etc.

Top Bottom