This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Plants look even more fucked today. And the room is at 85% humidity so i think i cooked the dehumidifier. That will be the last nail in the coffin. I have no money to sink back into this operation after the amount ive lost already. Fuck sakes, could be years before i get growing again even for personal. I shut off the dehu and will plug it back in to see if that helps, but its bone dry. fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Ive taken on way too much personal debt with my business to sink literally another dime into this shed. I was really hoping i could at least break even and get a pile of personal from this one. But im officially fooked i think if i dont have a working dehu. Dammit. Game over man.

Prolly a bad time to ask...what type of paneling are your pots sittin on? Ill bet they just drain onto that, then into a rain gutter, then maybe into a bucket? Please explain when you get the chance...

Thanks...sorry to hear this shit happened...you'll bounce back you got this

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sorry you're having this run of bad luck! Take a minute and figure out what you want to do, best wishes whatever you decide

dire wolf

dire wolf

Prolly a bad time to ask...what type of paneling are your pots sittin on? Ill bet they just drain onto that, then into a rain gutter, then maybe into a bucket? Please explain when you get the chance...

Thanks...sorry to hear this shit happened...you'll bounce back you got this
Yo flexnerb , where you find that pic of me and my girl ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Dirtbag I completely get where you are coming from. This past year has kicked me in the ass a few times. Sometimes we need a break from overwhelming obligations. This past grow was one that felt like nothing but work for me with so many life issues going on. I'm gonna go against the grain and say, salvage what ya can, try not to stress about (easier said than done) and take the time for a break of thats whats needed. This shit is in your blood and personally i don't think you can ever walk away from it but that doesn't mean you may not need a break here and there to keep the passion and drive it takes to do it as well as you do.

Again if there is anything that I can do to help hit me up. My sister and brother I law are moving there at the end of the month and if my wife and I make it through we are supposed to move next spring or summer. I was thinking of send you that co2 tank and some other shit if interested but just pm on that stuff if ya are. I can even send a bunch of clones for ya.

Really hurts to see this and I dont wanna push ya at all, sometimes a break gives us that needed time to reset and build up that drive and desire we lose over timebut you have helped me a lot over the years and if I can do anything to help... I will.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks Aqua Man. Ive moved through anger and depression and im now approaching acceptance...

The decision ive come to i think, so far, is to shut down for a few weeks and regroup. The plants in there now will go outside, what hapens happens, but i think ill likely end up composting them. My dehumidifier is working again after unplugging it and leaving it off for a half hour.
Im gonna try and find as many female cuts of quality, known, pest free strains as i can, and im going to run one cycle over the winter. Thats it. Plan is to stop this perpetual 4 crops a year operation and instead run one crop per year for my personal smoke only.

Things slow down a lot for me in the winter, and frankly i hate having the ball and chain this grow is, all summer long. Im just too damn busy from march till october. And I certainly dont need to be running it all year anymore if you know what i mean.

So... emphasis is now on collecting as much variability in genetics as i can so i have a decent variety in my tickle truck for the year.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks Aqua Man. Ive moved through anger and depression and im now approaching acceptance...

The decision ive come to i think, so far, is to shut down for a few weeks and regroup. The plants in there now will go outside, what hapens happens, but i think ill likely end up composting them. My dehumidifier is working again after unplugging it and leaving it off for a half hour.
Im gonna try and find as many female cuts of quality, known, pest free strains as i can, and im going to run one cycle over the winter. Thats it. Plan is to stop this perpetual 4 crops a year operation and instead run one crop per year for my personal smoke only.

Things slow down a lot for me in the winter, and frankly i hate having the ball and chain this grow is, all summer long. Im just too damn busy from march till october. And I certainly dont need to be running it all year anymore if you know what i mean.

So... emphasis is now on collecting as much variability in genetics as i can so i have a decent variety in my tickle truck for the year.
I have the HBCM and BFT. I can mail you some of the smoke from each to see how ya like them first. By the time my sister and brother I law pass through here I'm hoping to have the cake and chem plus the blueberry dragon cheese sexed if you want unknowns to tinker with. I will send the co2 stuff with em. Full 10lb tank and a shitty preset controller. Tank has aboit 3 yrs left on cert but its the old-school steel tanks. Just to give a go if ya like.

Not gonna lie im glad to hear ya intent to hop back in and im just gonna call it now because I'm an ass like that. No way in hell are you gonna do one crop a year bro... that itch just won't let ya lol 😁

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I look forward to doing one crop a year only. Ive been at this for a long time and it gets old. I cant even take a long weekend away easily without making arrangements for someone to look after the plants.. My whole world revolves around their schedule.. its a bit exhausting honestly.

I will do an outdoor crop in the summer for sure. And ill probably do my pheno selection then and take cuts off them for the winter grow.
But turning and burning crop after crop in the shed is too much responsibility on top of my business, which hogs all my attention.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

My tent looked like yours earlier this year, temps over 100f that I couldn't get controlled for a while, few of them actually started regrowing, they were in flower for 2x as long as normal but there's always hope. Been looking into aloe for rooting hormone, stick cuts in glass of aloe water or smear end with the gel from the plant, same stuff in willow.
I have extra clones but I don't know that state of misery is close enough to get them to you, this gmo sourdubb x Wilson freebie is absolute fire, compares to real diesel

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I look forward to doing one crop a year only. Ive been at this for a long time and it gets old. I cant even take a long weekend away easily without making arrangements for someone to look after the plants.. My whole world revolves around their schedule.. its a bit exhausting honestly.

I will do an outdoor crop in the summer for sure. And ill probably do my pheno selection then and take cuts off them for the winter grow.
But turning and burning crop after crop in the shed is too much responsibility on top of my business, which hogs all my attention.
2 grows sounds like a good place to be. Let me know if ya want that stuff cause its just collecting dust here

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
2 grows sounds like a good place to be. Let me know if ya want that stuff cause its just collecting dust here
Cheers man, ill probably, most definitely be running the winter shed grow ventilated this year just because of the bug issue i had with my AC, and i cant afford to put in a mini split at the moment.

But i might run it sealed with Co2 next winter if i do a few upgrades over the summer... so i mean, if you dont want the stuff i wont say no...
Thats actually going to be one of the nicer aspects of only running the shed once a year. That means the rest of the year the shed is down for maintenance and upgrades, when i have the time and money to do them, on my schedule.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cheers man, ill probably, most definitely be running the winter shed grow ventilated this year just because of the bug issue i had with my AC, and i cant afford to put in a mini split at the moment.

But i might run it sealed with Co2 next winter if i do a few upgrades over the summer... so i mean, if you dont want the stuff i wont say no...
Thats actually going to be one of the nicer aspects of only running the shed once a year. That means the rest of the year the shed is down for maintenance and upgrades, when i have the time and money to do them, on my schedule.
Done deal. You may have to pick up from Parksville if thats ok

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll likely have ace currier pick it up and deliver it to me. Way cheaper than the gas to drive up there and back, plus ferry cost etc. Pain in the ass living on an island sometimes lol.
Parksville is on the island close to Nanaimo

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Don’t know how I just saw all this brother. 😥😥 I’ve got fem seeds when and if you’re ready. I’ll pay shipping, just need a valid shipping address (when the times right) and I’ll get em to you. Take a breather, regroup, and come back stronger.
“You always pass failure on your way to success.” - Mickey Rooney
Let me know if I can help in anyway.
BurnZ

Anthem

Anthem

Dirtbag sorry to jack your thread but I think you will know the answer to this one. I was cloning Ice Cream Cakes and it was taking for ever to get them to root. I usually have about a 99 percent success rate so no problem with anything. I stuck what was left of the Mom back in the veg room because she still have a couple small parts I could get clones off in a couple days. So like 9 days later I took another 4 clones. The 4 rooted before the other clones that were 9 days ahead. Have you had any experience with this?
Thinking it has to do with the amount of growth hormone in the new growth.

Top Bottom