This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dirtbag sorry to jack your thread but I think you will know the answer to this one. I was cloning Ice Cream Cakes and it was taking for ever to get them to root. I usually have about a 99 percent success rate so no problem with anything. I stuck what was left of the Mom back in the veg room because she still have a couple small parts I could get clones off in a couple days. So like 9 days later I took another 4 clones. The 4 rooted before the other clones that were 9 days ahead. Have you had any experience with this?
Thinking it has to do with the amount of growth hormone in the new growth.

Hard to say without being there to watch you lol... But ive had the odd instance of plants taking forever to root. Im honestly not sure dude.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Dirtbag sorry to jack your thread but I think you will know the answer to this one. I was cloning Ice Cream Cakes and it was taking for ever to get them to root. I usually have about a 99 percent success rate so no problem with anything. I stuck what was left of the Mom back in the veg room because she still have a couple small parts I could get clones off in a couple days. So like 9 days later I took another 4 clones. The 4 rooted before the other clones that were 9 days ahead. Have you had any experience with this?
Thinking it has to do with the amount of growth hormone in the new growth.
Did you recently feed before 1st set? High n affects rooting. Sorry if I'm spouting what you already know

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

The 4 rooted before the other clones that were 9 days ahead. Have you had any experience with this?
Hi
I have some clones, about 60 of them and they are taking an extra long time to show roots. Its been 15 days! That's twice as long as usual. There are a lot if variables but I believe temperature is a huge factor. I've no doubt these will grow roots, eventually and even clones that look like they are trailing behind usually bounce back once they get settled in. I have taken cuttings from plants 21 days into flower and been successful but I usually try and take them before switching over to 12/12. I mix some bio bizz root juice into the water in the system I use. I use a small nft that holds 70 small rockwool cubes. I don't want to hijack this thread, especially as the ower is still mourning his own sad lose.
@Dirtbag I would be happy to offer you cuttings/clones but I am sure its not really practical as I am in Ireland! I am sorry for your lose though. Could have much worse, at least there was no fire 👍

20200724 222103
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Step 1: place T.H. Seeds Darkstar Fems in the bottom of 1”x1” jewelry box.

1317233B 8E4A 4A77 813C E2A194BE3324

step 2: place 14k gold chain with gemstone, for whatever dirtbag wants to do with it, wants or needs, in this trying time over the seeds with 2 added SolFire Bahama Mama fems next to the gems 💎.
DEE878BA A9A7 4887 9F5E 7F5521F0BA63

Step 3: certify this package with a seal of approval. Dirtbag will have his gems in no time 🔥💎🤘🏻

687A4FB1 643F 4485 AF23 E47FFF05D26F

Stay Humble. Stay Jah Blessed. Prosper Always.
BurnZ

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Step 1: place T.H. Seeds Darkstar Fems in the bottom of 1”x1” jewelry box.

View attachment 1039757
step 2: place 14k gold chain with gemstone, for whatever dirtbag wants to do with it, wants or needs, in this trying time over the seeds with 2 added SolFire Bahama Mama fems next to the gems 💎.
View attachment 1039758
Step 3: certify this package with a seal of approval. Dirtbag will have his gems in no time 🔥💎🤘🏻

View attachment 1039762
Stay Humble. Stay Jah Blessed. Prosper Always.
BurnZ

Youre the fukin man bro. Off the charts respect

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did you lose your HBCM? I'm honestly thinking if throwing a couple in my next grow. If I'm guessing it around 20%THC but a very very nice balanced deep high. No couch lock and a great daytime smoke. Trying to keep the shit for myself but everyone who smokes it wants to buy some. Which sucks balls for me cause the yields are low.

Can send you some clones along with the co2 stuff if ya like.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Did you lose your HBCM? I'm honestly thinking if throwing a couple in my next grow. If I'm guessing it around 20%THC but a very very nice balanced deep high. No couch lock and a great daytime smoke. Trying to keep the shit for myself but everyone who smokes it wants to buy some. Which sucks balls for me cause the yields are low.

Can send you some clones along with the co2 stuff if ya like.
Yeah i lost absolutely everything man. That HBCM i had going looked really good too, and honestly it looked to be a decent yielding pheno.
Id gladly take a clone or two if its not too much trouble. Id probably still have it shipped so unrooted might be the way to go.. Im not sure.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah i lost absolutely everything man. That HBCM i had going looked really good too, and honestly it looked to be a decent yielding pheno.
Id gladly take a clone or two if its not too much trouble. Id probably still have it shipped so unrooted might be the way to go.. Im not sure.
Yeah i can mail it to ya even next week if ya like

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So a buddy just stopped by, he heard about my disaster and is going to take a bunch of cuts for me tomorrow. A couple of the strains are on lockdown too which is a good sign. Essentially he wasnt even willing to give it to me if i was going to sell any to anyone, but when he heard im doin a run entirely for personal he agreed to let me have a few cuts of it.
Pretty excited to see how this all comes together.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Fwiw, its the same dude that gave me my PC and Violator cuts. So far everything ive recieved from him has gone straight into my keepers lot, so im optimistic, it could turn out to be a beneficial disaster after all. This guy hunts a ton of strains so im betting its gonna be some good stuff. He didnt give me a whole lot of details other than one is a wedding crasher cross and another one is a new breed that hasnt been named yet, only has a number lol.. Thats the one he said i need to keep under wraps and not sell or give cuts to anyone, and it has me super interested. There is a couple others too i forget.
But things are looking up.

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Fwiw, its the same dude that gave me my PC and Violator cuts. So far everything ive recieved from him has gone straight into my keepers lot, so im optimistic, it could turn out to be a beneficial disaster after all. This guy hunts a ton of strains so im betting its gonna be some good stuff. He didnt give me a whole lot of details other than one is a wedding crasher cross and another one is a new breed that hasnt been named yet, only has a number lol.. Thats the one he said i need to keep under wraps and not sell or give cuts to anyone, and it has me super interested. There is a couple others too i forget.
But things are looking up.
What a difference a day makes!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Fastest cropout ever! Shame none of it is smokable. lol
I think this is the first total crop failure ive had that yielded nothing even remotely smokable in over 15 years.
20201010 154524

Ahh well, on to the next. Looking forward to gazing upon a field of green again, this time, knowing its all for my own head, and mine alone. 🤗😎

Ive got a few decisions to make about how i wanna run this one to grow nothing but the highest quality. Yield and all else be damned. Good chance its gonna get interesting. And its gonna be a lot going on, growing out both feminized seed, clones, and maybe even a few reg seeds.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think I've decided on how I'm gonna run the next one. And it's a departure lol. But I guess this tells you what I really think about plant nutrition for a personal stash grow vs growing to get a good balance between olfactory and sensory effects, yield and growth rate. This one is all about achieving the best flavor, smell, effect and smoking experience period...
Media will be proterra amended with Gaia green 4-4-4 and worm castings. Going to start in small pots and pot up from 2x2" up to one gals, and finally into either 5 or 7 gallon shallow fabric pots. Possibly skipping the 1 gal all together... not sure on that yet.
Nutrients will be the Earth Juice lineup. I ran it a couple decades ago and to this day it produced some of the best smelling and tasting pot I've ever grown. I think it rivals even finely tuned living soil or aquaponic grows personally.
Additives will be RAW microbes and malted barley teas. I might experiment with some knf ferments as well.

Guys... I'm fuckin stoked to get this on!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I think I've decided on how I'm gonna run the next one. And it's a departure lol. But I guess this tells you what I really think about plant nutrition for a personal stash grow vs growing to get a good balance between olfactory and sensory effects, yield and growth rate. This one is all about achieving the best flavor, smell, effect and smoking experience period...
Media will be proterra amended with Gaia green 4-4-4 and worm castings. Going to start in small pots and pot up from 2x2" up to one gals, and finally into either 5 or 7 gallon shallow fabric pots. Possibly skipping the 1 gal all together... not sure on that yet.
Nutrients will be the Earth Juice lineup. I ran it a couple decades ago and to this day it produced some of the best smelling and tasting pot I've ever grown. I think it rivals even finely tuned living soil or aquaponic grows personally.
Additives will be RAW microbes and malted barley teas. I might experiment with some knf ferments as well.

Guys... I'm fuckin stoked to get this on!
Hope you run those beans!! I have a feeling those Bahama mama are going to smash the flavor, potency, and bag appeal ✅ . Stoked to watch it pan out dirtbag. No overtime next week, Monday is the day my man. ✈️

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hope you run those beans!! I have a feeling those Bahama mama are going to smash the flavor, potency, and bag appeal ✅ . Stoked to watch it pan out dirtbag. No overtime next week, Monday is the day my man. ✈
You bet man. I'm saving a spot in the room for those for sure, the reviews on it look phenomenal and it sounds right up my ally.

Lol, in the past 3 grows I went from using soiless media and chelated nutes, to Rockwool hydro, to coco, now going back to my roots where i started with organics.. All over the map and loving it.

And before anyone chimes in with the "it's not true organics" baloney, let me just say, yes it is lol. True enough for me anyway.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The gems 💎 are in route. I truly hope you find some 🔥 in these beans. You’ve helped us all out along our cannabis journies so this is the little I could do to repay you for your advice, guidance, and mentor ship. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 On the bottom on container are the th seeds darkstar fems, next is the HSC Don Carlos regs (for a time when you’re ready to hunt, stash em away) and the 2 SolFire Bahama mama. For the love of this precious plant and our community.
734EC57B 0930 4B33 8026 B86A902AC7A0

BurnZ

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you bro! After a few coco runs. I think the next step will be teas and organics in coco just to compare.

Auto watering will still be the goal in my view though. Prob slightly larger like 3 gal. But I still feel coco is gonna suit organics the best overall. Mainly for the microbial life because of its moisture and air holding capacity with larger surface area compared to soil. Also watering only to saturation and not runoff.

I think it will also substantially keep growth rates very high as well. This in my opinion as I grow in different medias is in large part due to the oxygen exchange capacity and levels.

I have a feeling it may not impact flavor as much as we think but with the biodiversity and populations I think plant health will be a big one and much easier to achieve organically. But thats just my thoughts.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah my decision to go back to peat for this one is that it has a higher CEC which i believe to be beneficial with organics. And when i used it last in big fabric pots I honestly had growth rates on par with coco, i just used more of it...
Im not looking forward to working with the big heavy bale again but if its only once a year, i can handle that. Coco was honestly using 2x as much water (and fertilizer) compared to peat as well, and i have to bring every drop home. Looking to cut back on my water usage a bit.

My thinking regarding going organic is.. the more i can make the plant dependent on microorganisms for food, the better the finished product should taste. Thats also why im going with EJ, its the only organic bottled nute i know of that makes up half its N from insoluble sources, providing the microorganisms something to chew on.

Ive just had some excellent organic pot lately grown by a friend of mine and the terpenes are through the roof. It re-inspired me to dive back into it. Also reading about Dragonsflames experiments with nutes and their effect on terpene production.. Cant deny there seems to be something to it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah my decision to go back to peat for this one is that it has a higher CEC which i believe to be beneficial with organics. And when i used it last in big fabric pots I honestly had growth rates on par with coco, i just used more of it...
Im not looking forward to working with the big heavy bale again but if its only once a year, i can handle that. Coco was honestly using 2x as much water (and fertilizer) compared to peat as well, and i have to bring every drop home. Looking to cut back on my water usage a bit.

My thinking regarding going organic is.. the more i can make the plant dependent on microorganisms for food, the better the finished product should taste. Thats also why im going with EJ, its the only organic bottled nute i know of that makes up half its N from insoluble sources, providing the microorganisms something to chew on.

Ive just had some excellent organic pot lately grown by a friend of mine and the terpenes are through the roof. It re-inspired me to dive back into it. Also reading about Dragonsflames experiments with nutes and their effect on terpene production.. Cant deny there seems to be something to it.
Oh yeah I agree on the microbiology having an effect. Not so much the nutrients, infacy not al all but the enzymes and such from microbiology I definitely feel will have an impact to some extent.

Why I think coco as using teas etc there is no real need for a higher CEC (is my thinking only) because they are available immediately.

Pumped to see this bro

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah im sure peat or coco is fine, im not really swinging hard one way or the other on one media being better than the other for organic applications, but something is pushing me back to peat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom