This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Do you bro! After a few coco runs. I think the next step will be teas and organics in coco just to compare.

Auto watering will still be the goal in my view though. Prob slightly larger like 3 gal. But I still feel coco is gonna suit organics the best overall. Mainly for the microbial life because of its moisture and air holding capacity with larger surface area compared to soil. Also watering only to saturation and not runoff.

I think it will also substantially keep growth rates very high as well. This in my opinion as I grow in different medias is in large part due to the oxygen exchange capacity and levels.

I have a feeling it may not impact flavor as much as we think but with the biodiversity and populations I think plant health will be a big one and much easier to achieve organically. But thats just my thoughts.

Excited to see the ingredients / products you land on for this coco organics approach.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Go with the gut bro... always go with the gut.
Absolutely. Im at least quite comfortable in peat so there wont be much of a learning curve involved. The biggest benefit of coco for me was the small amount of media used. But with organic i want to approach it a bit differently.

This feels good though. Feels right. When i started growing in my teens i had a very holistic approach to how I grew and i feel like this is getting me back to where i started. All about keeping the soil biology happy and healthy and growing the plant as naturally as I possibly can.

Im curious to see how this goes tbh. Very curious. Feels risky, but feels like the right step to take.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Absolutely. Im at least quite comfortable in peat so there wont be much of a learning curve involved. The biggest benefit of coco for me was the small amount of media used. But with organic i want to approach it a bit differently.

This feels good though. Feels right. When i started growing in my teens i had a very holistic approach to how I grew and i feel like this is getting me back to where i started. All about keeping the soil biology happy and healthy and growing the plant as naturally as I possibly can.

Im curious to see how this goes tbh. Very curious. Feels risky, but feels like the right step to take.
I share that sentiment feed and look after the media and the plants do what they do well... grow. No matter what you grow in.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Excited to see the ingredients / products you land on for this coco organics approach.
I can tell ya now part of it would be gaia 4-4-4. Mixed in the media. With home grown denitrifying bacteria and added RAW microbes. Teas will be the learning part in terms of ingredients but I understand bacteria pretty well (at least I like to think so) and all food would be given through teas by hand. Then water only added through autofeed and will be dechlorinated with seachem prime, not a must but hey I have a shot ton so a small benefit to the microbes.

Definitely bigger pots as we need the microbiology population to provide available nutrients. No compost or castings in the media, strictly teas.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I can tell ya now part of it would be gaia 4-4-4. Mixed in the media. With home grown denitrifying bacteria and added RAW microbes. Teas will be the learning part in terms of ingredients but I understand bacteria pretty well (at least I like to think so) and all food would be given through teas by hand. Then water only added through autofeed and will be dechlorinated with seachem prime, not a must but hey I have a shot ton so a small benefit to the microbes.

Definitely bigger pots as we need the microbiology population to provide available nutrients. No compost or castings in the media, strictly teas.

Gaia greens 4-4-4 is some good stuff. Ive got a 45# bag of the shit lol.

What do you think youll use to make tea?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Gaia greens 4-4-4 is some good stuff. Ive got a 45# bag of the shit lol.

What do you think youll use to make tea?
I dont know enough yet on the ingredients but brewing it is the easy part. I'm gonna have to do some reading before I attempt it. The ratios are what will throw me for a loop.

The only tea I'm confident in is the denitrifying bacteria for nitrogen using pure ammonia from the store. They also are a very aggressive bacteria that will very quickly convert ammonia nitrogen into nitrate. Helps for ph stability and pretty aggressive in outcompeting other bacteria that feed on decaying organics.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I dont know enough yet on the ingredients but brewing it is the easy part. I'm gonna have to do some reading before I attempt it. The ratios are what will throw me for a loop.

The only tea I'm confident in is the denitrifying bacteria for nitrogen using pure ammonia from the store. They also are a very aggressive bacteria that will very quickly convert ammonia nitrogen into nitrate. Helps for ph stability and pretty aggressive in outcompeting other bacteria that feed on decaying organics.

School me on this homemade denitrifying bacteria method if you dont mind.. When you have a min..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

School me on this homemade denitrifying bacteria method if you dont mind.. When you have a min..
Its about the easiest thing possible they occur naturally. Doing it this way cuts the time down to about 2-3weeks from 5-6.

Take a 5 gal pail dechlorinated water. Add the largest sponge filter you can buy. Add ppm of pure ammonia 1ppm ammonia will convert to 3.6ppm nitrate. Buy nitrate and free ammonia test strips from the pet store. Start testing after 2 weeks. The 10ppm of ammonia should then start converting to nitrates and the free ammonia will then read 0 and nitrate reading will spike. Use that water to feed nitrogen or to brew the other teas.

As long as you keep that sponge filter running the added ammonia will be converted to nitrate within 24 hrs. Adding it to the media will help convert any ammonia produced by decay into nitrate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So about my HBCM. A few days ago the power was cut to my mothers I gave it a few days and they looked like there was no harm but today I'm sad. Because of reasons I don't want to discuss (mother inlaw 😡) ok well there discussed.

Look at this pic!!!! Grrrr.

I have never tried to clone a revegging plant so @Dirtbag you want cuts that are revegging so you atleast have a mom of it?

The BFT didn't look like it was revegging today but upon closer inspection it is also. Soooo not happy about this.

Most important this can still happen to the grow im starting at some point so now I need to dummy proof to make sure it doesn't.

20201013 204450
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So about my HBCM. A few days ago the power was cut to my mothers I gave it a few days and they looked like there was no harm but today I'm sad. Because of reasons I don't want to discuss (mother inlaw 😡) ok well there discussed.

Look at this pic!!!! Grrrr.

I have never tried to clone a revegging plant so @Dirtbag you want cuts that are revegging so you atleast have a mom of it?

The BFT didn't look like it was revegging today but upon closer inspection it is also. Soooo not happy about this.

Most important this can still happen to the grow im starting at some point so now I need to dummy proof to make sure it doesn't.
Bummer man, and nah its all good bro, i got lots of new variety to play with. I hope it pulls out of it for ya quickly though, thats lame as hell!

We had a power outage last night in the middle of the night. First time ive been able to be like meh, fuk it and go back to sleep in years lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Bummer man, and nah its all good bro, i got lots of new variety to play with. I hope it pulls out of it for ya quickly though, thats lame as hell!

We had a power outage last night in the middle of the night. First time ive been able to be like meh, fuk it and go back to sleep in years lol.
I could handle that... this was a I need that plug in thing 😡

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Here we go... I got hit up $30 for duty fees lol, but they made it @BurnzYzBudZz! Also got some cuts I picked up from @Kanzeon in rooters. Plugged in all 10 of my grape diamonds fem seeds too.... And still got a dozen cuts coming from my buddy... The room's gonna be a bit full lol, But that's OK. I can weed out a few if necessary
20201021 162539

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here we go... I got hit up $30 for duty fees lol, but they made it @BurnzYzBudZz! Also got some cuts I picked up from @Kanzeon in rooters. Plugged in all 10 of my grape diamonds fem seeds too.... Still got a dozen cuts coming from my buddy too... The room's gonna be a bit full lol, But that's OK. I can weed out a few if necessaryView attachment 1046682
There's the missing man. Looking forward to this venture. Working out all the teas etc. yet?

I think your co2 tank and controller should be there around Nov.4th or 5th.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
There's the missing man. Looking forward to this venture. Working out all the teas etc. yet?

I think your co2 tank and controller should be there around Nov.4th or 5th.

Awesome dude!

I have to admit I'm basically running this grow old school like I used to. I'm going to use amended proterra., big pots and stakes. No more netting BS lol.. Likely gonna just let them feed off the amended soil until it needs fertilizing and then I'm making teas with EJ. Gonna keep it pretty simple this run and just use EJ grow/bloom and catalyst in varying proportions.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Here we go... I got hit up $30 for duty fees lol, but they made it @BurnzYzBudZz! Also got some cuts I picked up from @Kanzeon in rooters. Plugged in all 10 of my grape diamonds fem seeds too.... And still got a dozen cuts coming from my buddy... The room's gonna be a bit full lol, But that's OK. I can weed out a few if necessaryView attachment 1046682
Fuck yeah. Stoked. Enjoy brotha. Thanks for all your help.

Edited**
Rooms going to be full and colorful. Filled with nothing but deadliness.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Gotta admit I'm tempted to pop those don carlos and just weed out the males. The description of it sound like the perfect strain to me.
I have seen and heard nothing but good reviews. I’d almost guarantee 2 females outta those 5. I had great luck with their very Cherry. 4 of 5 I popped were female. Beautiful green and purple colors. Gas terps supposedly.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I haven't seen one of these in a few years. Big ol 5er jug of hash oil lol. Nice color, super smooth, frickin blasted lol.
This is literally all I smoked from grade 9-12 besides the odd score of hash, or very rarely weed. Grew up on this stuff haha. It was all you could get in rural Nova Scotia back in the 90's it seemed. Other than bad outdoor homegrown.
20201021 212028
20201021 213609

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Smokin a really nice joint of Lavanda Cream with a bit of pre-98 bubba dry sift hash and a little drizzle of the hash oil in it... Gonna be just blotto...
Watching the documentary on JD Salanger on prime.. Good doc, dude had a really tortured life.
20201021 221446

Latest posts

Top Bottom