This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I just always trimmed right away usually cuz I think/ it’s easier and drys faster, which is does, I never really thought about the trichs like that. I’m gonna try next batch and see, u guys got a thread somewhere on drying and curing ?
Thanx

I cure exactly the way jorje cervantes explains it in his book. And as far as dry trimming. It added 3-4 days in the dry closet which was enough to smoke right off the branch smooth and flavorful. As long as i didnt overfeed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I just always trimmed right away usually cuz I think/ it’s easier and drys faster, which is does, I never really thought about the trichs like that. I’m gonna try next batch and see, u guys got a thread somewhere on drying and curing ?
Thanx

You actually want it to dry as slow as possible.
Cant point to a tutorial, but I broke the plant down to long branches, remove the big fan leaves and hang them in a dark room between 16-18 celcius and around 60%RH. In those conditions it took 14-18 days before the branches "cracked" when bent. Not quite snapped, just sort of stayed bent when I bent them. From there I remove the buds from the branches and dry trim them on a screened trim tray and put them into a tote without a lid overnight to dry a little more. Then they go into cure, personally I use heat sealed foodsaver bags to cure. They're easy to cut open to burp and heat seal back up again. And they let no smell out so I'm confident they are pretty impermeable.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cant point to a tutorial, but I broke the plant down to long branches, remove the big fan leaves and hang them in a dark room between 16-18 celcius and around 60%RH. In those conditions it took 14-18 days before the branches "cracked" when bent. Not quite snapped, just sort of stayed bent when I bent them. From there I remove the buds from the branches and dry trim them on a screened trim tray and put them into a tote without a lid overnight to dry a little more. Then they go into cure, personally I use heat sealed foodsaver bags to cure. They're easy to cut open to burp and heat all back up again. And they let no smell out so I'm confident they are pretty impermeable.

For clarification. You say folding branches. I like to jar when the bud stem either cracks or breaks. But i admit one day after that can be too long and overdried.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Cant point to a tutorial, but I broke the plant down to long branches, remove the big fan leaves and hang them in a dark room between 16-18 celcius and around 60%RH. In those conditions it took 14-18 days before the branches "cracked" when bent. Not quite snapped, just sort of stayed bent when I bent them. From there I remove the buds from the branches and dry trim them on a screened trim tray and put them into a tote without a lid overnight to dry a little more. Then they go into cure, personally I use heat sealed foodsaver bags to cure. They're easy to cut open to burp and heat seal back up again. And they let no smell out so I'm confident they are pretty impermeable.
Thanks for the info I should have a decent set up to be able to try to dry and cure properly

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For clarification. You say folding branches. I like to jar when the bud stem either cracks or breaks. But i admit one day after that can be too long and overdried.

Good point, hard to explain that part lol. I went by the branches folding, not by the bud stem snapping. My bud stems werent quite to the snapping stage yet. Close, but not quite. Thats I why I left them uncovered in the tote overnight to dry a bit more before curing.

Shedhead

Shedhead

Good point, hard to explain that part lol. I went by the branches folding, not by the bud stem snapping. My bud stems werent quite to the snapping stage yet. Close, but not quite. Thats I why I left them uncovered in the tote overnight to dry a bit more before curing.
Wow guys brilliant read and outstanding grows, I can't believe you guys ain't using any bloom nutes🤔 you obviously have big balls lol. I've got a grow on the go at the mo myself using bloom, but next grow I'm going to hand water one plant with just grow nutes to see what difference it makes. Thanks for the ideas guys, catch you later Shedhead out!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wow guys brilliant read and outstanding grows, I can't believe you guys ain't using any bloom nutes🤔 you obviously have big balls lol. I've got a grow on the go at the mo myself using bloom, but next grow I'm going to hand water one plant with just grow nutes to see what difference it makes. Thanks for the ideas guys, catch you later Shedhead out!

Shedhead. Listen to this interview wihh the president of dyna grow. He shares his lab test tissue results and says he produced the bloom bottle due to popular demand. Not plant science.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Personally I’ve had been luck with less nutes! Easier grow better result ! Just my opinion

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Damn... Only a week for cure and already this crop is really nice to smoke. Easy ignition, lights up immediately, good heat retention in the cherry and a beautiful white/grey ash. Most importantly, I only have to light the joint once.
20191105 090214

Also chopped a bunch of clones off my seeds run yesterday, these are going into 24 hrs dark, then a 12/12 to see who's male and who's female. Then I'll keep the clones and toss the moms to my buddy. They wont be staying in here though... I'm going to get the wool setup in here tonight and move these back into the veg area.
20191105 090714

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Cautionary tale about sulphur burners.. Appears mine had rusted a hole through the cup and was dripping molten sulphur directly on the heating element.

That explains why my pistils fried right after the last sulphur burn in week 3 last crop.

20191108 105613

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sitting on the ferry enroute to the grow store as I write this, to get supplies for the next cycle. Still havent decided how I'm gonna do... Maybe small blocks on unislabs? Maybe small pots of coco? Maybe small pots of rockwool crutons? lol, I cant make up my mind and its killin me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sitting on the ferry enroute to the grow store as I write this, to get supplies for the next cycle. Still havent decided how I'm gonna do... Maybe small blocks on unislabs? Maybe small pots of coco? Maybe small pots of rockwool crutons? lol, I cant make up my mind and its killin me.

How bout plant levitation? Grow them floating in mid air?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Would I need to use more calmag? I'm actually seriously considering coco...

Coco is inert. Wont levitate. Rockwool may but only because its so light.

I recomend magic crystals. Work well with hydro and any local wizard can get you going.

And of course tons of cal mag. You will need at least 55 gallons. I have referred you to Botanicare wholesale shipping.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are you normally growing in promix?

"Normally".. Last run was in Hugo's.
I've settled on giving coco another run. I had really good results with it in the past in my tent grow. Only really stopped when I went back to large grows. And my buddy is absolutely killing it, just crushing in coco right now so I'm doing like he do. Gonna run 1 gallon fabric pots of straight coco using the floraflex caps and multiple daily waterings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom