This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Thanks man. I'm happy with it, but I recently saw what this violator is capable of and I didnt quite get it there. Its not bad, but with some fine tuning I think I can almost double the yield from it on the next run if i play it right. The guy who originally gave it to my buddy says it's much easier to grow in wool because it locks out so easily in soiless.

I think for the next run I'm just going to run the 2 strains, the platinum cookies because it's a foolproof producer and excellent smoke, and the violator because it's just so damn potent. Hoping I can find a happy medium with the feed strength, since running 2 varieties on the same hydro res makes me a bit noivous...
Damn your cookie cut is nice bro.
Wicked harvest!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Who’s Violator? If you don’t mind me asking

Havent got a clue. Based on the description from Barneys farm it fits so could be theirs, I'm not sure. It would make a ridiculously good hash plant that's for certain.

The guy who gave us the cut is a professional seed sifter and breeder for numerous grower collectives. Hes the kind of guy that pops several hundred seeds looking for keeper phenos. It saves the cash croppers from having to play the guessing game. But he hooks me and my buddy up with cuts that would otherwise be unobtanium without sprouting a shit ton of seeds.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Damn your cookie cut is nice bro.
Wicked harvest!

Thanks man, agreed that plant is a keeper. It ticks all the boxes, it's easy to grow, has a massive yield, awesome bag appeal and smells and tastes amazing. And the high is very productive, doesnt nail you to the couch. If I were a cash cropper, Its all I'd grow.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Well, that's one easy decision made for me. Sterile it is... Apparently we cant buy Hydroguard in Canada without a fucking pesticide license for greenhouse crop production. That's some bullshit right there.. I was probably gonna go sterile anyway, but I dont like not having options.

DB don't fret. The folks at Hydroponic Research have something called plusLife. I have been using it during my grows, using just a touch of Hydroguard at the start of the grow. It is not considered a pesticide in CA so pretty sure it will get you through. It is what i credit with my bright root system. Along with my chiller which i keep between 64F-65F.

https://hydroponic-research.com/product/life/

as far as i know this can only be ordered from the mfg at the url above.

Happy Growing..

btw; excellent grow dude!! thanks!!

Waiting on the next one..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
DB don't fret. The folks at Hydroponic Research have something called plusLife. I have been using it during my grows, using just a touch of Hydroguard at the start of the grow. It is not considered a pesticide in CA so pretty sure it will get you through. It is what i credit with my bright root system. Along with my chiller which i keep between 64F-65F.

https://hydroponic-research.com/product/life/

as far as i know this can only be ordered from the mfg at the url above.

Happy Growing..

btw; excellent grow dude!! thanks!!

Waiting on the next one..

Cool thanks, I'll check it out. I'm still trying to find rootshield also.. We'll see.

I'll probably update this diary a couple more times as I get the buds finished up and packaged. But for the next round I think I'll start a fresh diary documenting my experience transitioning to Rockwool.. I think it's time to move on from this one.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This should last me a little while..
20191015 202031
20191016 115650
20191016 115727

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Drying room is holding within excellent
parameters, I'll drop the temp a couple degrees now and shoot for a 10-14 day hang time.
20191018 180959

Clones are looking perky (I have the dome off just for the pic), and the seedlings I stripped the fan leaves off have really become bushy plants quickly. It sure didnt slow the growth down at all, and honestly I think it would be a congested mess in here had I not pulled leaves off. The big plant back corner is my forbidden zkittlez stud lol. It's the same age as all the other plants there. The thing just shot for the stars... Kinda droopy from being so close to the light besides being super cropped twice lol.

I'm 1 plant under my max plant count right now lol... closest I've ever been.

Not sure if I'll take a couple small clones off these to run in the corner of this next cycle or not. I'd love to get an idea of what I have here for a grow down the road before committing much space in the room to them.

20191018 181244
20191018 181254
20191018 181509

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Violator kush is dry enough to cure, took 2 weeks hanging on the stems. Came out to 808 grams of tiny, super frosty buds... I cant even imagine what the yield would have been like had I not stunted them.

Sample Doobie tasted and burned fantastic and seriously laid me out.

The cookies side of the room looks considerably heavier, curious to see the final tally for weight on this crop.
20191028 085031
20191028 085104

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Alright, final pull was 1668g of nice nugs and 141g of smalls. Surprised the cookies didnt outweigh the violator by much at all. Not bad for 2 x 1000watt se lights. But I can do better lol. I can always do better.

Missing from the pic is 1/4# of bubba kush the wife is trimming right now.

Time to get this stuff Vacuum sealed for curing and move on to the next grow..
20191103 112138

Also, I must say this stuff is the cleanest burning, tastiest crop I've pulled in a long time. Very smooth already and all the strains burn beautifully, even the stubborn bubba kush. The Bubba is actually burning better than iver ever got it to burn before, which is really bringing out its flavour. Very happy with this crop despite the couple hiccups along the way.

Srenots

Srenots

Alright, final pull was 1668g of nice nugs and 141g of smalls. Surprised the cookies didnt outweigh the violator by much at all. Not bad for 2 x 1000watt se lights. But I can do better lol. I can always do better.

Missing from the pic is 1/4# of bubba kush the wife is trimming right now.

Time to get this stuff Vacuum sealed for curing and move on to the next grow..View attachment 906986

Also, I must say this stuff is the cleanest burning, tastiest crop I've pulled in a long time. Very smooth already and all the strains burn beautifully, even the stubborn bubba kush. The Bubba is actually burning better than iver ever got it to burn before, which is really bringing out its flavour. Very happy with this crop despite the couple hiccups along the way.

congrats bro...looked fire the whole time ~

Top Bottom