This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mospeada

Mospeada

5:2 SWE/Humic is considered Ideal in hydroponic applications, I remember that from growing tomatoes in school but in peat and coco I believe you need to take into acct some of the natural humates in the media. The FP is 20% kelp extract and 2% humic, Not sure why but I suspect it is because they want you to use diamond nectar as well.. Either way I've used this stuff on its own before and it does indeed do as advertised. But I'll consider adding a bit more humic acid to bump the ratio. I've got a giant bottle at work.

The other addatives are mostly just to keep the roots protected and healthy, and aid with nutrient mobilization and elimination of excess.View attachment 961897
Yo it's 5:2 Humic to kelp. If you're talking about the study Virginia Tech did for 10 years than this was the result. Five parts Humic to two parts kelpt extract works 50% better than either stimulant alone.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The little lotus...
20200421 182012

The room
20200421 181618

And the lawn. Needs another verticut, you can see how its creeping along the ground again.
20200421 102547

AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

Woot made it to the finish line! Decided I wouldn’t Smoke until I had grown my own, and boy has this journal got me salivating, it’s actually been like going through a novel I struggled to put down...

Loved the insight and your way of doing things where I feel like this has taught me a lot, loved those gorgeous golf fields, everyone here chipping in has also been huge and for a person who said should stick to the basics actually ends up testing quite a lot of options in a rather controlled way, brilliant.

Looking forward to whatever comes next...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Woot made it to the finish line! Decided I wouldn’t Smoke until I had grown my own, and boy has this journal got me salivating, it’s actually been like going through a novel I struggled to put down...

Loved the insight and your way of doing things where I feel like this has taught me a lot, loved those gorgeous golf fields, everyone here chipping in has also been huge and for a person who said should stick to the basics actually ends up testing quite a lot of options in a rather controlled way, brilliant.

Looking forward to whatever comes next...

Thanks Wizard, I appreciate the kind compliment. I gotta give credit to MiMedgrower and cemchris for inspiring me to try new things I have to say. After growing for almost 10 years the exact same way, those two threw in some new ideas and information that shook up my game a bit. It's been a fun learning process over the last year. I've never had a grow diary before and it's been helpful to look back on and see what changes I've made or things that worked, or didnt.

AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

Yup both MiMedgrower's and Cemchris's insights and conversations have clearly helped set this feed as a very educational one, I'm now moving onto reading theirs ^^ 140+ pages for Mmg awaiting it's great! Although I have gotten a bit lazy with my own diary... Will catch up on that sometime soon haha after seeing Mmg's way of keeping track of things everything has become a lot more time consuming...

I've been sticking to the advice and lessons here, let's just say everything is rolling like a charm!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yup both MiMedgrower's and Cemchris's insights and conversations have clearly helped set this feed as a very educational one, I'm now moving onto reading theirs ^^ 140+ pages for Mmg awaiting it's great! Although I have gotten a bit lazy with my own diary... Will catch up on that sometime soon haha after seeing Mmg's way of keeping track of things everything has become a lot more time consuming...

I've been sticking to the advice and lessons here, let's just say everything is rolling like a charm!

Yeah man MiMeds thread is a deadly read. cemchris shares pics of his stuff periodically and its unreal too. They're a couple fantastic growers and two of the people on thcfarmer to pay attention to when they offer advice or insights for sure.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Hohohohohhooooooh damn, I think I better flip these before things get carried away. Time to break out the netting!View attachment 963430
I was thinking about running coco in 1's and then repotting to 3's. Are you keeping them in 1's for the whole grow? If you are i'll definitely be watching this to see how it goes. I've got a ton of 1 gallon bags and would be nice to not have to buy 3's lol.
Definitely going to run coco on my next run plan on running House and Garden A & B with amino and then adding the Bud XL during flower. Seen some crazy results with that. What nutes are you using?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was thinking about running coco in 1's and then repotting to 3's. Are you keeping them in 1's for the whole grow? If you are i'll definitely be watching this to see how it goes. I've got a ton of 1 gallon bags and would be nice to not have to buy 3's lol.
Definitely going to run coco on my next run plan on running House and Garden A & B with amino and then adding the Bud XL during flower. Seen some crazy results with that. What nutes are you using?

Yeah man taking these to the end in 1 gal fabrics. Rootbound ain't a thing here if at all, you just need to irrigate it more and be careful it doesnt dry out.
I'm running botanicare pure blend pro grow in veg, 70/30 grow and botanicare soil bloom for first 3 weeks of flower, then just pbp grow from weeks 4-7. week 8 I'll transition back to the soil bloom for ripening.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Yeah man taking these to the end in 1 gal fabrics. Rootbound ain't a thing here if at all, you just need to irrigate it more and be careful it doesnt dry out.
I'm running botanicare pure blend pro grow in veg, 70/30 grow and botanicare soil bloom for first 3 weeks of flower, then just pbp grow from weeks 4-7. week 8 I'll transition back to the soil bloom for ripening.
Looks great dude.Definitely going to be following along. I've heard nothing but good stuff about coco and even some of the more novice growers i've seen are getting insane root growth. Looks like they potted their plants in ramen noodles. 5 more weeks and coco here i come!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looks great dude.Definitely going to be following along. I've heard nothing but good stuff about coco and even some of the more novice growers i've seen are getting insane root growth. Looks like they potted their plants in ramen noodles. 5 more weeks and coco here i come!

For the last 3 or 4 years I've been watching my buddy just killin it with 1 gal fabrics of coco, and he really pushed me to try it, then cemchris went back to 1 gals of coco. It was only a matter of time before I jumped onboard lol. And I'm telling ya man so far I'm sold. This is how I'll be growing for the foreseeable future. Theyre growing as fast as they did in rockwool for sure. As a long time promix grower, It's amazing watching these things grow. The closest I got to growth like this with promix I had to use 7 gallon fabric pots. This is just so much easier, especially with the automated watering.

Caninobis

Caninobis

For the last 3 or 4 years I've been watching my buddy just killin it with 1 gal fabrics of coco, and he really pushed me to try it, then cemchris went back to 1 gals of coco. It was only a matter of time before I jumped onboard lol. And I'm telling ya man so far I'm sold. This is how I'll be growing for the foreseeable future. Theyre growing as fast as they did in rockwool for sure. As a long time promix grower, It's amazing watching these things grow. The closest I got to growth like this with promix I had to use 7 gallon fabric pots. This is just so much easier, especially with the automated watering.

How far along are your plants? From seed or clone?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Unreal... Yesterday and today. Notice the electrical outlet on the back wall. Gives you an idea of how much they grew since yesterday. Pardon the smokey appearance to the lights out pic. Just blazed one in here mixing up nutes lol..
View attachment 965007View attachment 965006
Well I used to think @MIMedGrower was the only person who could grow in a shoe box. You seen to have mastered everything but hydro. When's that coming brother 😎. Insane how fast you pick stuff up and succeed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well I used to think @MIMedGrower was the only person who could grow in a shoe box. You seen to have mastered everything but hydro. When's that coming brother 😎. Insane how fast you pick stuff up and succeed.

Haha you must have missed it, Hydro was my last grow. I used rockwool Hugo's lol. Was an awesome if undersized crop, had to flip them sooner than I'd have liked cause I was going to Mexico.

Grew some amazing buds! Here is a couple pics from that cycle. It was in a different grow diary called dirtbags hydroponics thread.lol

Havent done DWC, but probably not going to now that I found coco...
20191014 130625
20191202 160853

Top Bottom