This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Haha you must have missed it, Hydro was my last grow. I used rockwool Hugo's lol. Was an awesome if undersized crop, had to flip them sooner than I'd have liked cause I was going to Mexico.

Grew some amazing buds! Here is a couple pics from that cycle. It was in a different grow diary called dirtbags hydroponics thread lolView attachment 965023View attachment 965024
Yeah I missed the middle to end. Dam brother that is some fat buds... Bravo. My ass is headed to dirt for a few months. Then we will see. Should be interesting lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I missed the middle to end. Dam brother that is some fat buds... Bravo. My ass is headed to dirt for a few months. Then we will see. Should be interesting lol
Coco looks like dirt? Lol you should give it a crack bro. It's actually super simple once you got watering setup.
Curious to see you do dirt too tho. Are you going proper soil soil or promix or?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Coco looks like dirt? Lol you should give it a crack bro. It's actually super simple once you got watering setup.
Curious to see you do dirt too tho. Are you going proper soil soil or promix or?
Sunshine #4 with added perlite. Thinking 70/30. Still on the mega crop lol I know you would love to know that.

Very height limited about 6.5' to the light so thinking 1 gal will work but may be pushing it in soil. I know for coco np.

I tore my room down and going about 4x the sq ft. Only going to use about half for now though. Should be finished setup in about 2 weeks I hope. Still CO2 sealed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

An observation about this round, not sure if it's the coco or the extra PK but my stems are getting FatAF. They also lost any bit of purpling they had. Very noticable difference to previous runs. My nodes are stacking super tight too... I suspect it's the timing of the PK.
Pk a week before flip?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Pk a week before flip?

Yup. A buddy advised me to tweak my nutes a bit. He recommends I hit them with pk by combining pbp grow and pbp soil bloom which is 1-4-5 at a 70/30 ratio, starting a week before flip until end of stretch, then go back to the grow nutes and dial down total ppm for weeks 4-7, then dial down ppm further and switch back to the 1-4-5 for week 8, going in at 350ppm or so.

So far I'm noticing my plants are looking stronger, specifically the stems. And the node stacking is unreal.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup. A buddy advised me to tweak my nutes a bit. He recommends I hit them with pk by combining pbp grow and pbp soil bloom which is 1-4-5 at a 70/30 ratio, starting a week before flip until end of stretch, then go back to the grow nutes and dial down total ppm for weeks 4-7, then dial down ppm further and switch back to the 1-4-5 for week 8, going in at 350ppm or so.

So far I'm noticing my pants are looking stronger, specifically the stems. And the node stacking is unreal.
Sounds like a good regime. And silica if I remember right. Those will be some very sturdy plants. Finding any thickening of the leaves. Like a bit thicker more rigid?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sounds like a good regime. And silica if I remember right. Those will be some very sturdy plants. Finding any thickening of the leaves. Like a bit thicker more rigid?
Hmmm, havent noticed that. I'll check next time I'm in there though. I've just noticed the stems are fat. Unusually fat. And very green.
I've always used Silica, but I cant say I've ever noticed my stems get this chunky by the time I flip. Some of them are already almost as fat as they normally would be by week 2 or 3 of flower. Its wild.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hmmm, havent noticed that. I'll check next time I'm in there though. I've just noticed the stems are fat. Unusually fat. And very green.
I've always used Silica, but I cant say I've ever noticed my stems get this chunky by the time I flip. Some of them are already almost as fat as they normally would be by week 2 or 3 of flower. Its wild.
I would say between the added silica and pk which I feel is bang on time to use if you have shit dialed in as you always do is likely for those results. I'm curious to see how hollow the stems are at harvest. Did you notice that difference between hydro and soil? It's pretty massive actually.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I would say between the added silica and pk which I feel is bang on time to use if you have shit dialed in as you always do is likely for those results. I'm curious to see how hollow the stems are at harvest. Did you notice that difference between hydro and soil? It's pretty massive actually.

Yup, like giant straws. But these are even bigger than i had in wool, mind you I vegged these a week longer and started with healthier clones which probably explains that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup, like giant straws. But these are even bigger than i had in wool, mind you I vegged these a week longer and started with healthier clones which probably explains that.
Well if ya getting hydro results it's easier and more forgiving I would say it's the way to go. I may get there yet after the soil. It's not easy trying to coordinate other grows with mine time wise for clones so after this grow I may just end up using the other half the room for mother's bit I'm hoping not to have to do that. Lol I'm increasing my space and already need more.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well if ya getting hydro results it's easier and more forgiving I would say it's the way to go. I may get there yet after the soil. It's not easy trying to coordinate other grows with mine time wise for clones so after this grow I may just end up using the other half the room for mother's bit I'm hoping not to have to do that. Lol I'm increasing my space and already need more.

Easily hydro results so far. Im a believer that It's the multiple feeds per day that makes such a huge difference in the growth rate and overall vigor of the plant. I know when I used bigger plastic pots of coco in the past it was good, but not quite this impressive.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Easily hydro results so far. Im a believer that It's the multiple feeds per day that makes such a huge difference in the growth rate and overall vigor of the plant. I know when I used bigger plastic pots of coco in the past it was good, but not quite this impressive.
Yeah smaller pots and and very frequent feedings I would think would make all the difference in the world to grow rates. Fertigating 3-4 times a day now?

I think the bigger pots would make it less effective and more wasteful.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Sunshine #4 with added perlite. Thinking 70/30. Still on the mega crop lol I know you would love to know that.

Very height limited about 6.5' to the light so thinking 1 gal will work but may be pushing it in soil. I know for coco np.

I tore my room down and going about 4x the sq ft. Only going to use about half for now though. Should be finished setup in about 2 weeks I hope. Still CO2 sealed.
How’s that sunshine #4 mix? Have you ever used it aquaman?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah smaller pots and and very frequent feedings I would think would make all the difference in the world to grow rates. Fertigating 3-4 times a day now?

I think the bigger pots would make it less effective and more wasteful.

yeah 3 times a day right now. Probably be 4 by mid flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How’s that sunshine #4 mix? Have you ever used it aquaman?
Nope I have heard mostly good things. I'm a hydro grower and the only thing I will be able to compare it to is promix. Which is where I would have gone if it was available then as I was hoping to be up and going a bit sooner. But I'm gonna find out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Dirtbag has been a tremendous help. I appreciate all of the seasoned growers knowledge..
No doubt he has taught me a thing or 2 and he is always open to debate which is where the learning is.

Cheers man, appreciate that. I try to keep open minded and just share whats going on in my world, good or bad. Right now, things are gooood.
Glad to hear that. Hows that back doing? Get it all sorted?

Top Bottom