This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are you directly tying the improvement to your defol technique? They do look frikken awsome! Someday get would ya get us a up the skirt shot ?

I actually didnt end up defoliating that hard. I removed a pile of leaves near the end of stretch but I always do that.

I attribute the improvements mainly to dialing in the irrigation frequency, ratio and EC, in combination with an aggresive pruning of all the sucker shoots. For this grow I sort of handed over the reigns to my buddy who has been advising me how to run this one from the start. Glad I took him up on the offer for advice.

And sure I'll try and get a pic of the dirty later on.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I actually didnt end up defoliating that hard. I removed a pile of leaves near the end of stretch but I always do that.

I attribute the improvements mainly to dialing in the irrigation frequency, ratio and EC, in combination with an aggresive pruning of all the sucker shoots. For this grow I sort of handed over the reigns to my buddy who has been advising me how to run this one from the start. Glad I took him up on the offer for advice.

And sure I'll try and get a pic of the dirty later on.
Thanx no hurry just curious what the undercarriage looks like, and ya the sucker shoot thing is what I meant by the defol prolly is not the right verbiage, I been following along and I gotta say very impressive ! The growth rate has been astounding imo. Anyhow thanx for sharing!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The growth rate has been astounding imo. Anyhow thanx for sharing!

My pleasure man. That crazy growth rate I attribute to the small pots of coco getting multiple daily irrigations. Because the pot is so small it doesnt spend a lot of time and energy getting rootbound in it so most growth occurs up top really quick, and it always has the right ec, ph and oxygen levels in the rootzone. It's like optimizing the roots for superior top growth.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol, that Lavanda cream donkey donk in the front. Shes large..

20200526 184239

Undercarriage..

20200526 184338

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
These are looking fantastic. How are you going to support them? Are they starting to bend?

Thanks MiMed. im really curious to try this Lavanda cream, Its far more Sativa looking than anything I've grown in a while.
And you cant really see it but there is 2 layers of nylon trellis netting strung across the whole room. Sort of right about here;
20200526 185358

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks MiMed. im really curious to try this Lavanda cream, Its far more Sativa looking than anything I've grown in a while.
And you cant really see it but there is 2 layers of nylon trellis netting strung across the whole room. Sort of right about here;View attachment 978170

I thought so and i tried zooming in but didnt see the trellis.

Amazing professional grow. And in a shed up north. I dont even want to try a shed grow “down” here.

Wow dude. Just wow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey @Dirtbag do you hang yellow sticky cards above the canopy as well as lay them on the pots?

I have not erradicated my gnats. The pro mix had them for sure.

I am still using Microbe lift mosquito control which renders deformed, even wingless bugs in the runoff sometimes. And some confused crawlers that fly funny. But a couple of adults always survive it seems.

So i see a few here and there. Nuisance level i guess.

I have been pushing the dry cycle but some plants will always be freshly watered in my system.

I went so many years without the suckers. :-(

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I thought so and i tried zooming in but didnt see the trellis.

Amazing professional grow. And in a shed up north. I dont even want to try a shed grow “down” here.

Wow dude. Just wow.

Thanks man, that means a lot!

Funny in that pic you can really see how sleazy of a yielder the bubba kush is lol. It's the only runt in the room, just to the right of the lavanda cream. Goes to show how much genetics are a factor. Mind you that says nothing of the smoke quality.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey @Dirtbag do you hang yellow sticky cards above the canopy as well as lay them on the pots?

I have not erradicated my gnats. The pro mix had them for sure.

I am still using Microbe lift mosquito control which renders deformed, even wingless bugs in the runoff sometimes. And some confused crawlers that fly funny. But a couple of adults always survive it seems.

So i see a few here and there. Nuisance level i guess.

I have been pushing the dry cycle but some plants will always be freshly watered in my system.

I went so many years without the suckers. :-(

Yeah I hang a few big ones above the canopy and put little ones over the caps. Those gnats can be the most annoying fuckin pest in the room because they dont do enough damage for you to break out the nukes, and seemingly nothing else works. If you can find an extremely potent concentrated BTI maybe.. But you gotta take out the fliers with pyrethrin at the same time, repeatedly for ages and even then I couldnt fully rid my rooms of them.

Other than that sticky cards man. Lots of them. I had them it seems perpetually for like 15 years, not kidding. I only got rid of them by using Imid for Root aphids and then ditching promix for proterra on the next run. Never had them since knock on wood...

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey MIM , those gnats are so damn annoying , i find myself cautiously doing everything , when i used to have access to hydro grow shops , i would ask the salesman if there were any gnat reports in his pro mix , i would stand over products and walk out of the shop like a paranoind freak and not purchase anything , then i would go back a week later and cross examine the salesman , like " you shure ?" There were no gnat reports , then i would avoid organics and worm castings and watch my plants starve and i would talk to them , im sorry girls , we gotta stay just like this , i cant have any gnats around you , even if youre starving ....

My wife and i would be in bed 3 rooms away and just reading our tablets in the dark , little fuckers all over the screen and trying to get into my nose....
Lights on , couldent find one , look in the grow room , couldnt find one , lights off , back up my nose....

Hate those little peckers....

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man seriously looking at this picture, it's hard to believe how brutally I pruned that lavanda cream on the left when I flipped. She was stripped clean to the top node on each branch. Phenomenal.
20200526 184239

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It got so bad , that i taped sticky pads on to a wood paint stir stick and i would lay in bed swatting around blindly just to snag em befor i fell asleep ....

Wow. I had a good infestation with some cold wet stored bags of soil i shouldnt have bought. I never had seen more than a couple over a few years. But since then the Bt knocked them down over a few weeks of 4 drops per gallon water/feed but never quite all of them. I clean but dont treat the room Its just a spare bedroom really. They can find spots.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'll play this for them before I go and they'll be like wtf, and just start spitting out flowers lol.

You're welcome btw. You're all very welcome.lol. I know a lot of Vids get shared and few likely get watched, but this ones worth 2 and half mins of your time lol...
I'm a Heavy Duty breaker kinda guy myself, all day long............

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

I'll play this for them before I go and they'll be like wtf, and just start spitting out flowers lol.

You're welcome btw. You're all very welcome.lol. I know a lot of Vids get shared and few likely get watched, but this ones worth 2 and half mins of your time lol...
I'm a Heavy Duty breaker kinda guy myself, all day long............
Do you have a 10 min version ......

Latest posts

Top Bottom