This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey @Dirtbag do you hang yellow sticky cards above the canopy as well as lay them on the pots?

I have not erradicated my gnats. The pro mix had them for sure.

I am still using Microbe lift mosquito control which renders deformed, even wingless bugs in the runoff sometimes. And some confused crawlers that fly funny. But a couple of adults always survive it seems.

So i see a few here and there. Nuisance level i guess.

I have been pushing the dry cycle but some plants will always be freshly watered in my system.

I went so many years without the suckers. :-(
Fans on high right over the tops of the pots and scrape & remove the soil around the rims to level with the rest of the soil & 6" of sticky tape hanging off a lower branch on each plant. I think the fans on high do the most good, if they can't fly they don't stick around very long.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I doubt you miss this time of year here in the Maritimes, It's black fly season. They make working in the yard so much fun, tuck in a few mosquito's and we have Spring finely 20 c weather and the bugs love it.

The only season I miss back there is the two months of summer. Besides then it's either too muggy, too buggy, or too cold. I moved out west for the weather and the weed man... Weve been having daytime temps near 20 for a month or two now. No snow this winter and I think it only dropped below freezing once for a couple days. Hardly any bugs at all either.. Its like Canadas California..

dire wolf

dire wolf

I doubt you miss this time of year here in the Maritimes, It's black fly season. They make working in the yard so much fun, tuck in a few mosquito's and we have Spring finely 20 c weather and the bugs love it.
Hey pipe cant stand those peckers either they tought me the black fly dance a few years ago in maine, i thought for sure that i could out run that bastard ,
He wasnt giving up till he drew blood......
He won........

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hahah weird videos man. This one is a super trip! Serious smoke a bowl and check this one out... Its actually a decent tune, but super bizarre vid.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
End of week 6. Dialing the food back to 0.7ec, 30% pbp grow, 70% pbp soil bloom, and increasing ph to 6.2. Also reducing irrigation frequency to 4 times a day and dropping temp and humidity slightly. Gonna try and get in here to pull a few more leaves in the next few days too.
No burnt tips this round really, pretty happy about that. Seems to be a common flaw with my grows sometimes despite being conservative with food..

20200530 065324

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

End of week 6. Dialing the food back to 0.7ec, 30% pbp grow, 70% pbp soil bloom, and increasing ph to 6.2. Also reducing irrigation frequency to 4 times a day and dropping temp and humidity slightly. Gonna try and get in here to pull a few more leaves in the next few days too.
No burnt tips this round really, pretty happy about that. Seems to be a common flaw with my grows sometimes despite being conservative with food..

View attachment 979538
Got to love Canada, looking like its snowing at the end of May

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well, probably the last little trick of this grow that I'm trying seems to be working something incredible.

Im within a couple weeks of the end now, and have tapered back nitrogen slightly and am somewhere around 2-4-5, feeding at about 0.6 EC.

The trick is once the runoff stabilizes at 0.6 after a couple days I cut my fertigation cycles back from 5 a day to 4, then 3 times a day, allowing the media to dry out quite a bit more than I have been, with extremely minimal runoff. Watering to good runoff once a day for the last watering to reset any buildup. And running low dose enzymes to keep things flowing..

The last 3 days or so, the buds have quite literally fucking exploded. I'm actually speechless. Ive never grown a crop this nice looking in all my years tending to this plant. Blown, away. I'll try and get a dark cycle pic tomorrow so you can see the buds better.. Incredible.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well, probably the last little trick of this grow that I'm trying seems to be working something incredible.

Im within a couple weeks of the end now, and have tapered back nitrogen slightly and am somewhere around 2-4-5, feeding at about 0.6 EC.

The trick is once the runoff stabilizes at 0.6 after a couple days I cut my fertigation cycles back from 5 a day to 4, then 3 times a day, allowing the media to dry out quite a bit more than I have been, with extremely minimal runoff. Watering to good runoff once a day for the last watering to reset any buildup. And running low dose enzymes to keep things flowing..

The last 3 days or so, the buds have quite literally fucking exploded. I'm actually speechless. Ive never grown a crop this nice looking in all my years tending to this plant. Blown, away. I'll try and get a dark cycle pic tomorrow so you can see the buds better.. Incredible.
Soaking this all in even if I have to wait for coco to do it

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Soaking this all in even if I have to wait for coco to do it

I think it's easier to get a quick reaction from the plants in coco or wool for sure. It's also good to do it at the end of stretch too apparently, around the same time I start dialing nutrients back. Light rinse, let them get quite a bit of dryback before resuming regular fertigations.

Top Bottom