This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Definately I'll let ya know my flights are and if an evening if beers work great if not next year sometime

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
When you hear a song that takes you back to the days of windowpane and purple micro.. Hoohoo man, I remember driving through a real hurricane but in another dimention lol This was playin on the stereo with 5 goons In the car. Always amazed we didnt die.

dire wolf

dire wolf

DJ dirtbag , and his collection of bud trimming hits , yours for only 12.99 if you act now ,
Brought to you by the Motown lonely trim crew .....
But wait there's more , act now and receive one top bud from ant plant you choose , taxes , shipping and handling fees excluded.......

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
DJ dirtbag , and his collection of bud trimming hits , yours for only 12.99 if you act now ,
Brought to you by the Motown lonely trim crew .....
But wait there's more , act now and receive one top bud from ant plant you choose , taxes , shipping and handling fees excluded.......
Gday, I have a bit of a dilemma I'm not sure about the best way to fix it. I'd like a bit of advice please if you have any to offer. My flower light 1000w hps I have turned down to 60% but its still too hot 87-88f . My light is on 9am - 9pm. I'd like to switch it to 12 mid night on - 12 noon off. I'm 4 weeks into flower.

A should I keep lights off from 9pm around the clock 27 hrs to midnight on then they're back on 12/12.

B Gradually do it by giving them 13 - 14 hrs of dark until I reach the time period I'm looking for. ie: instead of lights on at 9 am go to on at 11 am for 12 hrs then the next day on at 1 pm until 1 am and replete until I get where I want to be for my 12 on and 12 off.

So all at once or in steps? which of the 2 options would cause less stress. Ive had it with seeds in my weed?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey pipe , not sure if your asking me in particular , but I would go with option A personally , I've been in that exact same situation manny times for various reasons , my thoughts are something like , it will be a real cloudy dark day for one day in the plants life then it's back to 12/12 , not sure , but I don't think there will be any upset to the plant , I feel like the other option might cause growth hormones a chance to sense somethings going on .... I guess you are switching to gain some cooling temps , ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Are you getting weed in your seeds from hermi heat related stress ?
No light leaks , right .......

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

hi, no light leaks but I left an indicator light on my dehu uncovered and that was enough to seed up my last 6. That's what I meant by had enough. It was 36c here yesterday 33c today, I'd like to cool it down by switching on times.

Good idea! Just leave them in the dark til the new time you want lights on. More darkness wont hurt but more light hours can cause reveg.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good idea! Just leave them in the dark til the new time you want lights on. More darkness wont hurt but more light hours can cause reveg.
I wasn't going to give them more light time but more dark time to move the clock. on 9 am today off 9 pm - tomorrow on 11 am off 11pm - on 1am off at 1 pm - on at 3 pm off at 3am - on at 5pm off at 5am - on 7pm off at 7am - on 9pm of 9am on 11 pm off 11 am - on at midnight off at noon. That would take me a week but you think just shut it down for 27 hrs is the better of the 2 options?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wasn't going to give them more light time but more dark time to move the clock. on 9 am today off 9 pm - tomorrow on 11 am off 11pm - on 1am off at 1 pm - on at 3 pm off at 3am - on at 5pm off at 5am - on 7pm off at 7am - on 9pm of 9am on 11 pm off 11 am - on at midnight off at noon. That would take me a week but you think just shut it down for 27 hrs is the better of the 2 options?

I dont think there is a need to do it in all those steps. I changed my flower time years ago from
8am-8pm to the reverse when i moved my grow upstairs from the basement. Just left the lights off til the new time with no issues.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I dont think there is a need to do it in all those steps. I changed my flower time years ago from
8am-8pm to the reverse when i moved my grow upstairs from the basement. Just left the lights off til the new time with no issues.
I like lights on through the day so I have all day to work with them if needed. The high heat just makes keeping my room comfortable more difficult during the day now and I don't want to wait until I see a problem before I react. I'll shut it down for 27 hrs tonight. With it on at midnight and off at noon I still have 3-4 hrs where I can work with them.

I'm way overloaded with plants now, I can't turn for a couple of months. I have 6 - 3ft tall and 2 months old I don't know what to do with. I turn now bud rot is almost a certainty with 95f and 95% in July - Aug . or veg 2 more months then I won't have enough room to turn them all, they'll be too big.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like lights on through the day so I have all day to work with them if needed. The high heat just makes keeping my room comfortable more difficult during the day now and I don't want to wait until I see a problem before I react. I'll shut it down for 27 hrs tonight. With it on at midnight and off at noon I still have 3-4 hrs where I can work with them.

I'm way overloaded with plants now, I can't turn for a couple of months. I have 6 - 3ft tall and 2 months old I don't know what to do with. I turn now bud rot is almost a certainty with 95f and 95% in July - Aug . or veg 2 more months then I won't have enough room to turn them all, they'll be too big.

Sure i get it. I run 8 at night and garden when lights come on for a long time. And i still need air conditioning and dehumidifiers running all summer. I still have dehumidifiers in the open basement in winter but upstairs just a humidifier to combat the dryness from the furnace.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sure i get it. I run 8 at night and garden when lights come on for a long time. And i still need air conditioning and dehumidifiers running all summer. I still have dehumidifiers in the open basement in winter but upstairs just a humidifier to combat the dryness from the furnace.
Yes those are the dreaded words around here now, " Air conditioner " We just bought tires alignment ,breaks and had the transmission serviced. I've been hinting that I might need one and she's like, " DON"T even think about it . but,but,but I need one. lol I have my own Amazon one day soon there's going to be a knock on the door and a " you didn't..? ...Really? YFAH ! ... Ooops sorry Mr.Amazon driver you didn't need to hear that. Anybody want to buy some pipes? I'm going be in shit for a while.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Savagery..
20200620 185955

Top Bottom