This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Never did the blue marlin yet, but growing up and living in N.S I did a lot of salt water fishing, everything from stripped bass , halibut to shark
Dogfish? What type of shark? I would love to latch on to a nice huge halibut... Lol of course I say that not having done so. I may change my mind after the fact.

If I lived out is N.S. I would be setting lobster traps like a fungus gnat invasion lol

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Dogfish? What type of shark? I would love to latch on to a nice huge halibut... Lol of course I say that not having done so. I may change my mind after the fact.

If I lived out is N.S. I would be setting lobster traps like a fungus gnat invasion lol

mostly blue shark , their along the coast everywhere , caught Mako and Mackerel shark as well, and yes caught a seen many Dogfish, Lobster fished as well and ate many lol. Family of fisherman so I got to do a bit of fishing for all kinds of fish

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Is there even a Canadian growing club? I'm very surprised I haven't really heard of one. In my aquatic years I went once a month. We had all sorts of stuff. Raffles, speakers, sponsor, auctions etc.
I was one of the founders of COAST, California's Organization of Aquatic Show Tropicals in 1991. President for the first 3 years. Dirtbag is correct, too much commitment!

Someone here last year wanted me to set up a meet and great here for So Cal growers. Posted it and no one responded. Really happy about that...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was one of the founders of COAST, California's Organization of Aquatic Show Tropicals in 1991. President for the first 3 years. Dirtbag is correct, too much commitment!

Someone here last year wanted me to set up a meet and great here for So Cal growers. Posted it and no one responded. Really happy about that...

Every group I've ever joined turns into a weird social scene too, like a proverbial circle jerk... I like doing things on my own time man, its part of the reason I like the forum, I can hang out when I've got the time. I dont do meetings and schedules very well, outside of work of course lol.

I've been on several boards of different groups and clubs over the years, but the last couple years I've backed out of it all to focus on doing my own thing. And much happier for it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Every group I've ever joined turns into a weird social scene too, like a proverbial circle jerk... I like doing things on my own time man, its part of the reason I like the forum, I can hang out when I've got the time. I dont do meetings and schedules very well, outside of work of course lol.

I've been on several boards of different groups and clubs over the years, but the last couple years I've backed out of it all to focus on doing my own thing. And much happier for it.
We'll see if you feel the same way after trimming all that solo lmao... Kidding bro I absolutely get it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
We'll see if you feel the same way after trimming all that solo lmao... Kidding bro I absolutely get it.

Haha nah man I've got a few good buddies that are happy to come over and drink free homebrew all night and smoke pot, listen to way too much reggae and take an oz home for helping me trim. We make a quarterly event out of it. Mind you sometimes it's just the wife and I. This is not one of those times.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I second that...... I'm the same way

dire wolf

dire wolf

No need to ask... Let's see em 😍😍😍
Ok , give me a min to search thru my fishing files , got a few nice ones , then I'll tell you a good blue marlin story .....the man I n the blue suit we used to call em , mostly by catch when out yellowfin tuna fishing , only targeted them for a few tournaments , but actually not really the most fun game fish out there in the deep .....
Although pretty bad ass , I always felt bad for em , I think they are on the endangered species list , or at least they should be , always a catch and release , the pics I have are of some monsters that died of exhaustion by the time we could get to the leader but those guys were always given to a charity or school for food so no waste .....
I fished commercially / recreationally , for tuna and swordfish for 20 years

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Picked up a lawn Ferrari. About a month ago I started a business in commercial landscaping and large property maintenance. I dont know if any of you guys geek out over machines, but I do, big time. I found this classy lady, one owner from new, garage kept and used for 23 years to cut his 5 acre property biweekly. Only 963 hrs on it, and it's a 1997! I've said it before, but they dont make machines like this anymore... Everything has ECMs and DPFs now that steal horsepower and cause issues that you cant fix yourself. Not this bad boy!
20200621 213137
20200621 213120

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Picked up a lawn Ferrari. About a month ago I started a business in commercial landscaping and large property maintenance. I dont know if any of you guys geek out over machines, but I do, big time. I found this classy lady, one owner from new, garage kept and used for 23 years to cut his 5 acre property biweekly. Only 963 hrs on it, and it's a 1997! I've said it before, but they dont make machines like this anymore... Everything has ECMs and DPFs now that steal horsepower and cause issues that you cant fix yourself. Not this bad boy!View attachment 990057View attachment 990064
Now that's a trimmer 😜

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You can not beat the liquid cooled diesels, this thing has a 30HP 4 cyl engine, 4wd, diff lock, 2 range hydrostatic. PTO driven front deck and takes blades, snowblowers, brushcutters etc, Climbs hills like no other machine.
It literally looked new when I got it. Cant believe it's a '97.
20200602 120218

Top Bottom