This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I think the microbes just delivered a whole lot more food to the roots than they would have taken up on their own. They're always moving and carrying nutrients to the roots. Should have known... lol, recoverable, just gotta dial way back for a couple days. Coco responds quick.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I think the microbes just delivered a whole lot more food to the roots than they would have taken up on their own. They're always moving and carrying nutrients to the roots. Should have known... lol, recoverable, just gotta dial way back for a couple days. Coco responds quick.
Could always increase the run off for a couple days too. that will kinda put a damper on the microbes and free the media of excess as it become available... just a thought

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I think I had the same issue with MammothP recently, I am not knocking the product, it performed exactly as advertised. It was just too much for what I was growing even at low dose.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looks like everything's gonna be fine lol, couple toasty tips on one of my violator kush but not bad and only on the big fans, the rest of the plants have lightened up some and lost their gloss from the hot Ec spike.

I'll likely keep the EC down around 1-1.2 from here out.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm hungover as fuck today. Had a couple friends over last night for some socially distanced shenanigans..

Today, I've got Pizza brain. It's about the only food I want to eat when I'm hungover.

First step, making my brown pizza sauce. Got the donair dipping sauce already made in the fridge thickening. Need to get on the dough soon... hey @Kanzeon, got any tips? My usual pizza dough is just about 4 cups flour (going with 60/40 regular and bread flour since that's all i have) with a pinch of cornmeal and a dash of whole wheat flour, 2tsp salt and 2 tsp sugar. I use the kitchenaid to mix in the yeast and water. let it rise for a couple hrs, knocking it down once after an hour. I do my best to get the gluten really elastic before I rise it.

Here is step one of the sauce goin down... simmering 1.5 onions, half cup of mushrooms, 2 stalks of celery and 5 cloves of garlic in 1L of chicken stock. shortly I'll add the tomato paste and spices and let it simmer for another hour to blend the flavors.
20200516 143801

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

The only thing that I would suggest looking into would be using 00 flour in your recipe, which is essentially impossible to find right now. 😄

I was thinking about the brown sauce though. If I had to guess without trying it, I'd bet that it starts off with some ground pepperoni, onions, and tomato paste cooked slowly together until it all starts to caramelize, then the herbs and liquids are added to that and simmered.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm hungover as fuck today. Had a couple friends over last night for some socially distanced shenanigans..

Today, I've got Pizza brain. It's about the only food I want to eat when I'm hungover.

First step, making my brown pizza sauce. Got the donair dipping sauce already made in the fridge thickening. Need to get on the dough soon... hey @Kanzeon, got any tips? My usual pizza dough is just about 4 cups flour (going with 60/40 regular and bread flour since that's all i have) with a pinch of cornmeal and a dash of whole wheat flour, 2tsp salt and 2 tsp sugar. I use the kitchenaid to mix in the yeast and water. let it rise for a couple hrs, knocking it down once after an hour. I do my best to get the gluten really elastic before I rise it.

Here is step one of the sauce goin down... simmering 1.5 onions, half cup of mushrooms, 2 stalks of celery and 5 cloves of garlic in 1L of chicken stock. shortly I'll add the tomato paste and spices and let it simmer for another hour to blend the flavors.View attachment 973797
#Chefboyardirtbag

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah 00 flour is what I prefer also but ain't none to be found.
And I think you're close on the sauce. I dont think there is pepperoni in it usually but the spices are very much pepperoni inspired lol. I've made this recipe probably a hundred times now and it's very, very close to the sauce back home.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah 00 flour is what I prefer also but ain't none to be found.
And I think you're close on the sauce. I dont think there is pepperoni in it usually but the spices are very much pepperoni inspired lol. I've made this recipe probably a hundred times now and it's very, very close to the sauce back home.

Have you tried putting paprika in there or browning the tomato paste a bit before adding it to the stock?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A

Here is step one of the sauce goin down... simmering 1.5 onions, half cup of mushrooms, 2 stalks of celery and 5 cloves of garlic in 1L of chicken stock. shortly I'll add the tomato paste and spices and let it simmer for another hour to blend the flavors.View attachment 973797

If you can cook when you are hungover you didnt do it right.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Fkin Nova Scotians and the Donairs. The first I met from here was in Vancouver and he kept raving about Donairs and how good they were drunk, he said the sloppier the better extra grease extra grease was his call when he ordered he said lol. I had one once, you must have to be born here to get such a craving. I can eat them just not something I'd go out looking for. I crave real pot stickers and chilly sauce or the big one for me a White Spot burger. Its almost worth the trip back out just to eat for a week a my favorite spots.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fkin Nova Scotians and the Donairs. The first I met from here was in Vancouver and he kept raving about Donairs and how good they were drunk, he said the sloppier the better extra grease extra grease was his call when he ordered he said lol. I had one once, you must have to be born here to get such a craving. I can eat them just not something I'd go out looking for. I crave real pot stickers and chilly sauce or the big one for me a White Spot burger. Its almost worth the trip back out just to eat for a week a my favorite spots.

First time i heard donair was on Trailer Park Boys. Being an ignorant American i of course just figured the canadians cant pronounce donut. The cops were always at the donair place so...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah donairs are ok but I find them heavy. I just use the sauce for dunking my pizza into. If you ever pass through Puctou County @PipeCarver stop by Acropole in Westville or New Glasgow and try a slice of pizza. It's something else man.

@Kanzeon I havent tried that no, but I will next time I make it.

@MIMedGrower my functionality hungover is somewhat awe inspiring. Drives my wife Insane lol. She is still in bed waiting for pizza haha.

Sauce is done... smells great! Oh man it's getting close now...
20200516 160358

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah donairs are ok but I find them heavy. I just use the sauce for dunking my pizza into. If you ever pass through Puctou County @PipeCarver stop by Acropole in Westville or New Glasgow and try a slice of pizza. It's something else man.

@Kanzeon I havent tried that no, but I will next time I make it.

@MIMedGrower my functionality hungover is somewhat awe inspiring. Drives my wife Insane lol. She is still in bed waiting for pizza haha.

Sauce is done... smells great! Oh man it's getting close now...View attachment 973831
I'll smoke to that

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah ever since you mentioned the sauce the first time, I've been wondering what would cause it to be brown and meaty, haha. If pepperoni is a close flavor comparison, you've already got a lot of the other components besides paprika in there. Browning it with the tomato paste would make sense from a Greek culinary context, since it borders more of eastern Europe (paprika) than Italy and also the middle east (where browned tomato and pepper products create the base of a lot of dishes).

Top Bottom