This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dirtbag,
noticed you took some different cuts for clones. Specifically the two on the left. Where you just running low on material or is there something here I could learn from?

Good eye, yeah the first round of cuts I took molded on me. Since they were cuts coming inside from outdoors I wash them down quite heavily with sulphur to make sure I'm not bringing anything unwanted in to the garden. In that case, I didnt let them dry enough before I put the dome on, so had to take a second batch of less than ideal cuts. But theyll make a perfectly good plant still. The genetics are there.

Anthem

Anthem

Good eye, yeah the first round of cuts I took molded on me. Since they were cuts coming inside from outdoors I wash them down quite heavily with sulphur to make sure I'm not bringing anything unwanted in to the garden. In that case, I didnt let them dry enough before I put the dome on, so had to take a second batch of less than ideal cuts. But theyll make a perfectly good plant still. The genetics are there.
Dirtbag, what is your opinon on using tops? I like the idea of multiple branches early on, but from my experience they do take a little longer to root. The trade off seems to out weight the longer root time IMO.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dirtbag, what is your opinon on using tops? I like the idea of multiple branches early on, but from my experience they do take a little longer to root. The trade off seems to out weight the longer root time IMO.
Oh for sure, Ideally I use only the biggest healthiest top cuttings for a production run. The cuts taken lower down the branch or plant would just be for making up numbers or keeping genetics in the case my cuts go moldy lol. I havent noticed that they take much longer to root. I've never really been an advocate of taking cuts from smaller lower growth. I cut big healthy tops whenever possible, like the clone on the right in the front of that pic.

Anthem

Anthem

Oh for sure, Ideally I use only the biggest healthiest top cuttings for a production run. The cuts taken lower down the branch or plant would just be for making up numbers or keeping genetics in the case my cuts go moldy lol. I havent noticed that they take much longer to root. I've never really been an advocate of taking cuts from smaller lower growth. I cut big healthy tops whenever possible, like the clone on the right in the front of that pic.
Thank You for the information. It helps!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Huh. I have always cut the lowest growth but mostly to keep yield on the soon to flower mom.

I never rooted a top for some reason. I will try it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I keep putting it off and putting it off... Need to get these transplanted into their forever homes tonight. Lookin like they need a feed, they're admittedly a bit neglected. Nothing they wont pull out of, just needs some attention.
20200813 200312

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I keep putting it off and putting it off... Need to get these transplanted into their forever homes tonight. Lookin like they need a feed, they're admittedly a bit neglected. Nothing they wont pull out of, just needs some attention.View attachment 1016030

lol you arent the only one homie. These are the seeds I popped over a month ago. Everyday I'm like "tonight" ill take clones and transplant them. Yup they still in the 1.5 cubes :D.

IMG 20200813 213406
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
In their new homes and they've got some color coming back after a good feeding. Need to get tbe irrigation up and running. Also pulled the one runt of BMS and replaced it with a clone of dragon cheese, you can tell which one it is front left of center. Finally back on track.
The dragons garlic breath is looking like its gonna be a big structured plant.
20200816 182551

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also dawned on me that it's a bit of a bonus doing the phenohunt of reg seeds in these 1 gal coco pots. I can just pack the room for veg and pull the males without ever having to worry about transplanting, Instead you just give them more waterings as they get bigger. So I should still be able to get a decent fill on the room even with male pulling, that's my hope anyway. Timing should work out perfect so I can pick the nicest looking ones and put them outside to flower and collect the pollen from them.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
In their new homes and they've got some color coming back after a good feeding. Need to get tbe irrigation up and running. Also pulled the one runt of BMS and replaced it with a clone of dragon cheese, you can tell which one it is front left of center. Finally back on track.
The dragons garlic breath is looking like its gonna be a big structured plant.
View attachment 1017687
will be fun to watch!

Top Bottom