This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Hey Dirt looks like my DF stuff is going to be males as well both the blackberry moonshine and love stash, no females yet, just the way it goes.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey Dirt looks like my DF stuff is going to be males as well both the blackberry moonshine and love stash, no females yet, just the way it goes.

Bummer man. Truly is a luck game with reg seed.. The females I did get are looking good, couple standouts so far are Garlic 1 and BMS 10. BMS 10 is a really big plant and the stem rub just reeks of tangerines, reminds me of sour tangie. Also reminds me a LOT of the forbidden zkittles, which I'm going to cross it with this cycle. The other two are smaller and havent developed much of a distinct scent yet, but they are also nice looking. Garlic 1 is the biggest plant in the room at the moment, super stout. Here is a lights out pic from today
20200908 172529

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Looks good dirt , nice plants, yeah I think i'll put my males to work , I have forbidden fruit cake, dosido zkitles, plus a few others i'm going to cross with the BMS and love stash , a got some garlic ones going as well but i don't know what they are yet

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So all my clones have rooted except 2 so far. My second BMS #3 and... the platinum cookies. That one is makin me nervous... Through various mishaps and poor timing I only have this one cut of it. Holding my breath over here lol. I do not want to lose that plant. All the more reason I need to dust it with a strong male of something. Just havent decided which one(s) will bang it yet.
Also for some sick reason I kept a cut of the giant purple male. I question my motives sometimes... lol

20200908 173337
20200908 173310

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
End of week 1 update time... Things are going ok, formulating some fun breeding plans. I'd like to hit the FZ fem with a BMS male and vice versa, then breed the best of those offspring with each other.

Room is as full as it's going to get. Itll be interesting trying to support this one with trellis...

All the clones have rooted, save for my platinum cookies. That one Is keeping me on the edge of my seat still.

New fertilizer... this floraflex seems to be working great, and is extremely stable in the res. Mixed to 1.2-1.3 ec it comes right out to 5.7 ph and stays there for days. Happy with it so far.

An observation on the flower triggering, crop steering techniques I swore by in my last grow.. Its clear that they have the biggest effect on clones vs plants from seed. I did 30 hrs dark and preloaded with P and k, and though the males showed in like 6 days, the female plants from seed took about 9-10 days to start producing buds, whereas the clone plants started to flower after about 5 days. Big difference.

That's where she's at now. Pretty happy to have a half baked plan to work with... A little panorama action...
20200909 194337

aaxiii

aaxiii

Evening farmers. Thought I'd give you all a glimpse Into dirtbags garden!
This is a licensed medical grow, 9 plants in flower. 4 platinum cookies and 5 Pre-98 Bubba.

Right now they're under 2x 1000w eye hortilux lamps semi (but not quite) stadium style, temps 22-26c, 40-50% humidity. 8x8' canopy.

Growing in 7 gallon pots of proterra peat/perlite mix amended with half a cup of gaia green 4-4-4 and a cup of worm castings each. Feeding is floranova grow/bloom and massive bloom for a total of 1.6ec, 6.2-6.3ph, on a feed-feed-water cycle.. But I'm going to run the grow formula and massive for the rest of the run and cut out floranova bloom. Just to see what happens.

I'll update as things progress.. just rounded the corner on week 3. And they're starting to pick up a little frost already which is nice to see. The burnt pistil tips are from my sulphur burner... I send them off into week 3 with a good burn.

View attachment 858717 View attachment 858718 View attachment 858719 View attachment 858720 View attachment 858721 View attachment 858722

I love how beautifully clean everything is. It looks like Monk's grow room.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I love how beautifully clean everything is. It looks like Monk's grow room.
Thanks Andy. It has its moments lol. Honestly the grow I worked at before setting this shed up was in a building owned by someone else and I just did the growing in it for them, and the place was so shitty and trashed, and it had this huge gate at the entrance, we called the place trashgate lol.. So when I decided to downsize and build my shed I tried to keep it as functionally organized and tidy as possible. I'm a bit OCD that way.
Thanks for dropping by the thread, and welcome to the farm!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You havent tried added silica @Dirtbag ?

For sure, Ive been using silica since I can remember. Ive used potassium silicate for probably 15 years and the last couple years I've been using both that and calcium silicate. Good shit.

Just dont mention it much i guess, I use that stuff for building up my water a bit before adding nutes.

Top Bottom