Thrips to black spots to leaf tips curling up in week 4 flower

• Thread starter Turkish980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Turkish980

Turkish980

Holy shit! That looks like a bug that's on my BlackBerry plants. They bore into the topped canes from the top where its dried. I've had my plants for 3 years now. First time I have seen those particular bugs....I wonder if its a root aphid. Huh

Huh. Like bores into the dead dried stuff? I did read carpet beetles can be found elsewhere and do feed on dead material as well if I remember correctly. I will also be looking into root aphids for any similarities.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Huh. Like bores into the dead dried stuff? I did read carpet beetles can be found elsewhere and do feed on dead material as well if I remember correctly. I will also be looking into root aphids for any similarities.
Yeah I dis some searching and the bug I saw isn't a root aphid. I was thinking initially they might work their way down the stem and lay eggs in in there. Haha I should have figured it wasn't root aphids at the TOP of the plant!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This was one on my catnip plant. Fairly small. Maybe qtr / half size of a pencil eraser. Catnip plant is in a solo cup if that helps
that's not a catnip plant, this is a catnip plant!🤣😁🤣

😎

Turkish980

Turkish980

Little update. The buds certainly look much better. The leaves are a bit messed up from everything. But until now, everything had started from the tip or the edges and made its way in. Now I see some lighter discoloration that is starting elsewhere but the tip or edges. While some have black spots (thrip spots eaten?), they don't always have them, or line up with the discoloration spots. I do believe I stoll have thrips altho I've okly seen one or two lately. I am noticing the Slime type residue here and there.

Guess I'm curious if anyone knows if the discoloration would be another issue? If you zoom in on the black spots it appears to be missing plant matter maybe from thrips.

20200624 120439
20200624 120258
20200624 120255
20200624 120309
Turkish980

Turkish980

Hey all. Turning to week 7 tomorrow. Was wondering at what point I might be able to take a bud off a lower branch to sample? If this is even recommended? I was thinking of taking one smaller one lower down. The are coming along very nicely (at least I think). Here's one of the top buds.

20200704 152110
STgrowin

STgrowin

Will do, thank you for the info. The only problem I have with going halfway down is, I'm not sure I can? I am coming across roots at the very top of my soil layer as well. And if he does, I have been watching the ocg fam videos and from what I gathered it sounds like the Nectar for the gods goes along the 700 path. Altho they did state as long as you remain consistent in your measurements, not sure it matters all that much?

Attaching a pic of my soil base. You can see a bit of the roots. I just wouldn't want to damage anything going that far down. Again, I'm a newb at this so I'm not sure if people still do with that amount of roots

How did it turn out?

Turkish980

Turkish980

How did it turn out?

The slurry came back normal. As far as the actual grow, I got some colorful leaves going on, but so far no new damage that I can see. The buds are looking great tho, except for a few lower branches that I should have removed before flowering. On week 7.

20200706 180446
20200706 180539
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you!!!

I have fox farm as well

Yes I think I have slurry and runoff confused. I've only done the slurry test taking soil from the top, mixing with same amount of water, etc. Not sure what a run off test is. I have an idea but not sure how you take that. Just grab and put into a cup and test as it runs out?

When I flushed last few times I only did a gallon of water. I strarted flushing as well a few weeks ago first because my water started sitting on top and my plant stopped taking up much water
After the flush that problem went away.

I last flushed yesterday with a gallon. I have zero runoff. I'm a newb so didn't know you flush with more. So to ph adjust, my water is normally 7-7.5ph, and to bring that down I have Herculean Harvest bone meal that brings the ph down. Otherwise I need to purchase some ph down. Never had an issue with ph tho doing mixes. Maybe more so just flushing because I'd need to add that herc harvest to lower it. I also have photosynthesis plus that I use as a tea.

My ppm with tap water is around 350ppm. Reverse osmosis water shows 0. If I mix the 2 together then it's around 140ppms.
I use citric acid it works great in soil to lower the pH
Screenshot 20190813 205253 Chrome

Don't know what the spots are but at least you got the soil back in-line, looks like you're going to have a frosty harvest! Good luck
😎👍

Top Bottom