Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
To tell ya the truth, I do not know. If your happy with the other light, stick with it till they`re finished. Maybe next grow ya can put `em side by side for a comparison grow.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Here are a couple of pictures that I took a few days ago. Will be harvesting some of the girls tonight as it`s at day 58 since the flip to 12/12. The girls under the Timber LED are fuller and the penetration looks to be deeper, IMO. Anyway, let`s take a look.
IMG 1028
IMG 1029
IMG 1030
IMG 1031
IMG 1032

Joedog

Joedog

Cree COBs 12 CXB3070 8 CXB3590
This is my third COB grow. Always quality yields.View attachment 661252
Wow, that is impressive, what wattage are you running the Cree CXB3599 at?
I bought a "kit" from Timber to learn how to go from scratch next time. Six Cree CXB3590, running at 75 watt each, with a dim able mean well power supply. Almost done with frame and plugging in wires, first time led'r.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Thanks for the good words and I`m doing OK. The girl on the right has denser nugs. She was under the Timber LED, while the other was under an Advanced DS 300, all were in the same grow room.
wow,that was a long trek...just read all ya great thread Yooper.my 10p worth of advice bro....fix n sell panels.buy more cobs..looks like night and day ,the difference between the cobs and the advance leds .im just experimenting with my old Chinese crap leds and a cmh 315 in the middle..so far ,frickin amazing bro.keep up the good work.

Homegrown365

Homegrown365

EventHorizan:
The rig is 3'x 6' ( Lowes), space used is about 5'x7'. Won't lie, 20 COB DIY setup will cost you.
For what you see, maybe about $1200, including another 4 COB rig in a 2'x4'
The 3070s GreenGenes 200 Watt tutorial, the 3590s GrowMau5 V kit from Cutter.
Since I built this, the availability of COB kits/parts has increased (cost going down) over several months.
The build is easy. Lowes, Radio Shack and Amazon. As one can see I did the basics, nothing
fancy. Works for me. This run the nutes used... Jacks 321. 10 gal res, 6 tsp, 4 tsp, 2 tsp...
can't get any simpler. Ya see the results.
Hope this helps.
Stay safe!!
Success w/ya grow!!!

IMG 0350
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
I heard you say not to long ago you were favoring the timber over the advanced. I imagine as the grow has continued that you feel even stronger about that?

wow,that was a long trek...just read all ya great thread Yooper.my 10p worth of advice bro....fix n sell panels.buy more cobs..looks like night and day ,the difference between the cobs and the advance leds .im just experimenting with my old Chinese crap leds and a cmh 315 in the middle..so far ,frickin amazing bro.keep up the good work.

Yes, I do believe that the 200 watt Timber cob out performed the 300 watt Advanced DS 300. I have used the DS 300`s for about 10 grows now and was very happy with the results. Until I researched the cob`s that is. I bought a kit and assembled it. Fun to do and makes a person fell great to be using something that they built. Want to buy 3 more kits for my garden, which will make 4/200 watt cobs lighting my 3' X 7' garden. Thanks for following along. Have 2 more girls to harvest, probably tonight.
PS, My lights lined up like this.....DS300, partially working DS300, Timber 200 watt.

Top Bottom